Chapter 6

Flower's Daydream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

‘Where am I?’

‘What is this place?’

‘Is anyone here?’

He did not know this place.
It was dark and scary.
Suddenly a light appeared in the distance.
He could not help but move towards it.
Not only because it was the only way he seemed to be able to escape the darkness. No. Something seemed to pull him towards that light.

‘So bright.’ He covered his face as he walked into the light.

‘Am I dead?’ he asked before opening his eyes again.

When he opened his eyes, he saw a beautiful garden.

‘Wait. This feels familiar.’ He stepped forward and saw flowers. Pansies and Camellias. Further ahead he saw more flowers. Chrysanthemums, Daisies, Violets and more Pansies. The further he went the more different flowers he saw. White Heathers, Lilies of the Valley, Hyssops. He kept going until he saw a silhouette laying in a sea of Christmas Roses. As he looked closer, he saw dead leaves between the flowers. He felt a pang in his chest.

‘Wait, didn’t this happen before?’

He contemplated if he should try walking closer to the silhouette, but he decided to do something else first.

‘Do these flowers have a special meaning here? Are they trying to tell me something?’ He started remembering the meanings of the flowers he had memorized all those years ago.

 

Pansy – Loyalty

Camellia – Loveliness

Chrysanthemum – Truth

Daisy – Innocence, Purity

Violet – Modesty

White Heather – Protection

Lily of the Valley – Tears of the Mary

Hyssop – Cleanliness

Christmas Rose – Anxiety

Dead Leaves – Sadness

 

‘What is the meaning of this?’

Seeing the silhouette laying the middle of the Christmas Roses and the dead leaves made him think.

‘I need to help them.’ He carefully walked towards the field of Christmas Roses and the shadow. He walked until the shadow wasn’t a shadow anymore but an actual person. A person he recognized.

‘Hyukjae?’ he sat next to the slim man and lifted his upper body into his arms. He didn’t know why he was doing it, but it felt right. He softly the other’s cheek as he lovingly gazed down at his sleeping face. He didn’t notice how the flowers around them slowly changed to Globe Amaranth, Heliotrope and Honeysuckle.

‘Just do it. I know it’s what you truly desire.’

‘Who are you?’ he lifted his head and looked around but there was no one to be seen.

‘You love him, don’t you?’

‘Where are you? Show yourself!’ he tried to sound even the tiniest bit intimidating while he tried to find the source of the voice with his eyes.

‘You can wake him up, you know?’

He was quiet for a moment. ‘What do you mean?’ he asked silently.

‘You are fated to be with each other. He can only be awoken by your love.’

‘What do you want from me?’ he didn’t look up anymore. He didn’t dare.

‘Look around you. You know what they mean, don’t you?’

He was confused but he still did as he was told. That’s when he noticed it.
‘Globe Amaranth symbolizes Immortal, unchangeable love. Heliotrope stands for eternal love and Honeysuckle means bods of love.’ He whispered under his breath.

‘Yes. Do you understand now?’

‘Are you trying to tell me my love for this person is fate?’ he was utterly confused. Nothin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter