Chapter 3

The killing machine

"Faster! You need to do better than that", Tao ordered Yuri. She had been running since thirty minutes straight. She was exhausted to the brim. At last she collapsed on the ground, breathing harshly, trying to even out her breaths.

Tao tsked, annoyed. He grabbed the water bottle and walked towards her. He picked her up roughly, without a care and shoved the bottle for her to drink, " It's been seven days already and your stamina still hasn't improved. At this rate, you'll be killed before you blink."

Yuri just drank the water. She doesn't get angry or felt upset about him. She was beginning to numb her feelings. 

"Come! I am going to show you some basic moves for fighting. Four basic punches are there-jab, cross,hook and uppercut." Tao showed her all moves accordingly.

It had been seven days since her training started. She had to do some stamina building exercises for one hour everyday. Then she was handed over to her mentors for training different  things. Tao was responsible for teaching fighting and defensive skills. She came to know he was wushu master. Whereas, Junmyeon held the responsibility to teach her some basic hacking skills-like hacking a website or visual programmes, some programming or breaking into systems, locking a software or breaking through a password. There was a new guy introduced to her the next day. Kris-who was responsible to  teach her assembling weapons and how to use them. She was astonished of his knowledge of so many different kinds of weapons. But Sehun himself was going to teach her how to shoot. After all, he was the sharp shooter. A girl named Shuhwa was  given the task to train her to behave like Yunji. How Yunji spoke, how she walked, her mannerisms etc. Shuhwa knew Yunji since she was a teenager. She also shown her some acts or skills to lure Julian by her grace and beauty.

In short, Yuri was trained to become like Yunji but more powerful. She was also made to memorise each and every detail of Yunji after her other trainings. She was made to watch videos of Yunji-with or without others in it. She was only given the food which Yunji liked. Also thought to eat it the way Yunji did. They were turning her into Yunji in every way possible. Yuri was losing her identity.

 

"Keep your eyes on the target. Never loose your focus." Sehun mumbled into her ears. 

"Keep your back and shoulders straight. Always maintain your correct posture." Sehun straightened her back and shoulders.

Yuri is not going to lie. She secretly liked it when he touched her no matter the reason. She always felt a spark jolting up her veins and it gave her goosebumps. No matter how dull the sparks were. That could be because he did not liked her in that way and was just training her and she was not supposed to like him. She was to hate him for what he did to her. But instead, she hated herself for even liking him like that. His selfishness and thirst for revenge was the sole reason for her to be this pathetic at this moment. But she can't help herself no matter what. Maybe she was developing Stockholm Syndrome.

"Hold the grip of the pistol between the palm area of your hands and slightly at the heel of your palm. Unlock the barrel then. Make sure to focus on your target. When you had your aim fixed on your target get ready to pull the trigger." he instructed.

Sehun removed his hands from her back and shoulders where he was straightening her posture. He slid them over her hands from her shoulders, bringing them around to hold both of her palms and help her hold the pistol properly.

"Now look at the front. You see that target board. Try to aim at the spot in the middle of  the red circle. And when I say, you pull the trigger. Understood!?" Sehun ordered and she nooded in reply. Then Sehun withdrew himself from her, taking two steps back behind her.

She readied herself and aimed at the spot."Pull!" 

And she shot.

The impact of the shot had her body being forced back. Her back collided in the stone hard chest of Sehun,who didn't even flinched. He held her from falling, just holding her from her forearms. Both stared at each other for what felt like ages, but actually were just few moments. Sehun's eyes were cold and distant whereas, hers were filled with wonder for him.

He diverted his eyes from her and looked to examine her shot. He stepped aside, letting go of her and hummed. Her bullet hit the third ring on the board. " Not  bad! You are doing better than my expectations. But try to  be a bit more relaxed and with practice you're going to be perfect soon."

Yuri didn't know why she felt so proud of herself by him praising her. She wasn't supposed to feel like this. He was teaching her to kill people. But still a smile crept on her face by it. Sehun scowled at her.

"No need to get all smiling with just  that. You still are weak and need to work a lot. So get back to practice." He almost shouted at her, being irritated.

Yuri felt a bit hurt at his cold behaviour. Can't he atleast talk nicely to her? He owed her that much. But neverthless, pushing the thought aside she continued practicing. 

It had been more than three weeks since she was held captive. But of course, she didn't knew. She lost the count of days, only knowing everything by day and night. Usually, one of the men was with her to keep an eye on her. If not them, then that girl, Yunji's friend-Shuhwa would keep her company. But it was not like that today. She was let alone for the first time since the first day. Both the men, along with Sehun himself were in the basement. She saw them taking someone down there forcefully. It looked like he was taken to be beaten or tortured. And she didn't wanted to think about either possibilities. Shuhwa was nowhere to be seen and Kris only visited in the day. So she was on her own. Although there were gaurds surrounded all around the place, but they were on 'gaurds'. 

A thought came to her mind. She saw this as the perfect opportunity to escape. She can take advantage of the night and the darkness that surrounded the area. Maybe if she was discreet enough and hide herself well, she could make a run. She knew deep down it was such a high risk and the decision was reckless. She didn't even knew where she was. But she will deal with everything once she is out of here.  This could free her or even lead her to her death, but she was desperate enough to try her luck. 

So without further adou, she sneaked out of the house. Hiding behind the bushes and making no sound as she tried not to get noticed by the gaurds while escaping.  What she didn't knew was she was held captive on a secluded island, which was monitored by the dozens of cameras placed all over the island. There was just water surrounding it. And any form of civilization was miles away from them, on the opposite side of the island. Even if she ecaped the island, the sea would engulf her.It was the most foolish thing she could have done. She was stuck now, and don't know what to do.

On the other hand, Sehun was in the basement, sitting on a chair. He was deciding which weapon to use that were presented in front of him,on the man which was brought to him, in order to play with.  He was in mood to entertain himself by torturing the man to the fullest.

One of his guards came running to him, " Boss! That girl is trying  to run away."

And with that his mood dropped. He sighed and looked at Junmyeon and Tao," Bring her back." 

Both went in action and Sehun turned to man, "You're lucky you know. That girl unknowingly saved you from torture." He got up and left, but not before ordering his man to take care of the captive.

Yuri wasn't able to go far before she was caught. It wasn't hard for them to get to her. Both Tao and Junmyeon practically dragged her back, not bothering with her struggling. She was brought back to a room she hadn't got to have a look yet. 

They released her arms after they closed the door entering it. After few minutes of waiting the door opened and in came Sehun. He was looking more irritated and annoyed rather than being angry.

"Really Yuri!? I thought you would be better than that. But how wrong I was. You are so naive to think you could escape from here." He mocked looking straight at her.

She didn't say anything, but glared at him.

"You don't look like you have learned a lesson. If you are going to try this out when you'll be sent to Julian, then I am afraid you'll be dead before you know it." he continued.

"Since you had been bad you deserve a punishment. Don't you think?" 

Yuri didn't show it but she was pretty scared of him by that. 

"I am now going to do with you what I was with that man down there. Since you not only tried to run away but also took my opportunity to have fun with him. "

He turned towards his men,"BRING MY TOOLS NOW!" He ordered.

"No Sehun! Let her be. She won't do it again. Just don't do that." Junmyeon pleaded.

Sehun sighed before nodding. He can't say no to his hyung. 

"Fine! But I am going to inject her and you are not going to stop me." He directed the statement at Junmyeon.

Junmyeon didn't seem to agree but can do nothing now. 

One of the man brought him the injection. He turned to Yuri then.

"This is a drug I had specially made for ones who needed to be taught a lesson of not to go against me. This drug is going to induce immense pain once inside you. Don't worry though. You won't die, I promise. But I also guarantee it will make you see hell." 

He injected the drug just enough to have effect for a day.  Yuri knew better than to protest even if she wants to.

Once injected, Sehun turned to go out. "Have her lock in the room downstairs and no one is allowed near her. Not even for food or water. Understood!?" He announced without even turning, disappearing after that. 

Whereas, Yuri was thrown into the room where she was brought when they kidnapped her. Not even after two minutes later, the drug started to show its effects. Yuri felt stinging pain in her abdomen first. Then after it felt like someone was piercing in her head. Likewise, she kept experiencing pain in different parts of her body.

First tear made it's way out of her eyes, rolling down her cheeks. The pain was unbearable yet she has no choice but to endure it. She didn't know for how long will she be here alone.

She closed her eyes after some time and tried to block out the pain and wishing to make it alive through her suffering.