just a dream

The Girl Next Door Is My Wife?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] just a dream. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Sana was cooped up in her bed, staring outside. The scenery of snow brought back memories of Tzuyu teaching her to ski. Looking back at that Sunday afternoon, Sana wishes she had treasured their time together rather than get frustrated with the fact that she couldn’t ski no matter how patient Tzuyu was. Tzuyu could never reveal her true emotions to Sana, and perhaps it was an unhealthy relationship. She smiled when she felt like crying, told people things were okay, when in reality they weren’t, hid her pain by working harder, and even now, she’s in Sana’s dreams when she isn’t present beside Sana as she sleeps.

 

Nonetheless, Sana forgave her for all those broken promises and wished for her to return so she could allow Tzuyu to be honest about how she felt.

 

Her phone buzzed in the right pocket of her long beige coat and she pulled it out, wondering who could be calling her on the afternoon of New Year’s Eve. Ever since Tzuyu disappeared, the Chou’s have kept their celebrating to a minimum. Chaeyoung was never fond of staying up late for the New Year’s countdown anyway.

 

As expected, it was her boss, Park Jihyo.

 

“Yes, boss? No work today right?” Sana pondered, thinking of reasons why Jihyo could’ve called her. To her surprise, her boss sounded laidback for once and sounded like she had a mic as she spoke on the phone, “Hey, girl! No boss today. This is Jihyo at the Bar of Hotel Grammos near our office. Get your here and let’s par-tay!”

 

Sana winced at the audacity of her voice and immediately held the phone 4 inches away from her ear, “Ah… really, this woman,” She muttered under her breath in disbelief, “Sorry boss, I’m-”

 

“No ‘sorry’s, be here or be fired. Kidding. Get a life, will you? This is the least you can do for your boss who has dealt with the numerous days you’ve been late because you’re loping around your bed. Now get off that bed and get ready. I’ll pick you up at 7.” Jihyo ended the call even before Sana could open .

 

Sana checked her watch and gawked. That’s 30 minutes from now. “The hell? Is she seriously… ahh!” Sana groaned into her pillow and sighed, combing her hair back into a sweep, “Who does she think she is…”

 

She stood up and walked into the walk-in closet and chose a white A-line dress that went down to just above her knees. She styled her hair into a few waves and carefully inserted her gray contact lenses, making her eyes glisten against the bathroom light. For finishing touches, she chose oval pearl earrings bordered by small diamonds. (Imagine her at the 2017 Melon Awards)

 

~~~

 

“Wow, you look that good in 30 minutes? If I called you 2 minutes in advance, you’d probably still look like an angel.” Jihyo complemented from the driver’s seat.

 

Sana rolled her eyes with a smile and entered the passenger’s seat, “That’s new. You’re actually complimenting me.”

 

“Hey, when have I not? Also since I’m doing you a favor by picking you up, I suggest you tone down the sass.”

 

Sana gave her a look of disbelief and chuckled, “Okay, boss.” She teased Jihyo who specifically told her that she was here as not a boss, but a friend. At times, Jihyo was more of a mother than anything. When Tzuyu was declared missing, Jihyo immediately ran to the Chou’s residence and became Sana’s shoulder to cry on.

 

“Aigoo, you’re ridiculous,” Jihyo pretended to be irritated, as they approached the red light, they locked eyes and burst into laughter.

 

~~~

 

“You’re going to break your neck looking for her,” Momo whispered to the girl stretching her neck to get a decent view of the entrance. Dahyun turned red and scratched the back of her nape. It’s only been a week since she has joined the company, but she has grown attached to her boss. Momo, being observant and eager for drama, has caught on quite easily with the feelings in the new secretary’s heart. She tapped her fingers on the bar counter and sighed, unknowingly thinking of a certain woman who isn’t present at the moment.

 

“I’m not expecting anyone, I’m just… checking to see if anyone else is coming,” Dahyun alibied.

 

Momo nodded in sarcasm, “Continue to make yourself believe that,” She winked. The blushing girl took a sip of her wine and her face contorted, “Is there any non-alcoholic drink being served here?” She whined and fanned herself due to the heat the alcohol transferred into her system.

 

The blonde chuckled and slightly spun the stool she was sitting on, “This is a bar, Dahyun. Do you seriously think-” She then paused after her eyes made their way towards the entrance. “Omo is that…” Dahyun rolled her eyes, “I won’t fall for that, Hirai.”

 

“No, really! T-That’s… wow, she’s gorgeous.” Momo couldn’t even finish her sentence as she brought her fingers to her gaping mouth.

 

Curiosity getting the best of her, Dahyun’s eyes diverted to the entrance and her lips parted, mirroring Momo’s own expression. What on earth… is that an angel?

 

Sana made her way to the bar, her eyes only focused on one person despite the numerous guests staring at her like she was the only woman at the bar. Jihyo rolled her eyes, “She’s not the only woman here so close your mouths…” Sana took off her trench coat and hung it on the coat-hanger beside the door, not forgetting to give Jihyo a smile of thanks.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter