In His Arms

In His Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In His Arms

 

Involuntarily, a small smile tugged by the corner of his lips. This girl never failed to amuse him. Honestly, there were a lot of times that he got amazed—or what his fans often referred to as “Jungshook-ed”—at Choi Yuna. May it be on or off-camera, he wouldn’t deny that the main vocalist of GFRIEND left so much impression on him.

Famously she was known as Yuju, to him, she was just one talented, awesome, kind, and beautiful Choi Yuna.

Beautiful? What? He almost choked on air as he tried to disregard the thought.

But he would be lying if he didn’t think she’s beautiful. Best part of it? She was beautiful inside and out.

He focused back on his phone and listened to her majestic voice. Apparently, he was watching her performance of ‘Butterfly’ with Rose, Jihyo, Sungjae, and Jaehwan at the KBS Song Festival. He didn’t miss it during the live show and he was utterly blown away as he watched from the dressing room, but he couldn’t make the most of it by watching it once while everyone was busy preparing for their own performance.

Yes, this wasn’t the second time he watched the video too.

Moreover, he wasn’t streaming it on any website; it was already saved on his phone for weeks.

Of course, he had to be practical. Instead of streaming it online and using data or connecting to the company’s wifi, he downloaded the content as soon as it was out, so he had free access any time he wanted to view it.

Not to mention, he often skipped the others and only watched the parts when Yuju belted those high notes and sang beautifully. No offense to the other artists, he was just very drawn to this girl… he couldn’t help it.

Seeing her in that elegant lace white dress, it made him wonder if she really was human or an angel in disguise.

He wondered what it would feel if he got to sing with her on that stage again…

He sang with her once before… and that was the start of everything.

“Hey, Jungkook~”

As soon as one of his hyungs entered the living room, Jungkook immediately exited the video and pretended that he was looking up some upcoming games for 2018. Jimin propped himself next to him on the couch and placed an arm around his shoulder.

“Have any plans tonight?” his hyung asked.

Jungkook just noticed that Jimin got changed to a pair of jeans and a thick black sweater. “Are you going out?”

“Yeah, I promised that I’ll be playing bowling with someone tonight. Suga-hyung backed out the last minute, and since it’s a 2 vs 2 game, I need you to accompany me and beat them.”

Jungkook scoffed, “Ask someone else. I’m busy. Besides, I’m not that close with your friends.” He carried his attention back to his phone and pretentious upcoming games search.

“C’mon, don’t be like that. And who said that you’re not close with my friends? Last time I checked, you’re the reason why I became friends with them, especially her.” Jimin smirked.

Jungkook gave him a look.

His hyung stood up, “I’ll meet you outside. Also, Namjoon-hyung lent me his car.” He dangled the key by his fingers and then placed them back in his pocket.

Jungkook sat all alone, thinking whether to follow Jimin or not. He internally groaned. He had nothing else better to do after all, so he grabbed his coat and went to Jimin.

Besides… it would be a whole lot better to see her in person than just repeatedly watching her video on his small phone screen.

.

.

.

It was just a fifteen-minute drive to the bowling alley. The place was private since it belonged to one of their managers, and Jimin had already rented the entire place. Worrying about the public seeing them was one less problem.

Of course… Jimin wouldn’t risk it. Jungkook wouldn’t too. But at least their managers no longer forbade it.

He and Jimin were the first ones to arrive so they pick out the best two lanes. They decided to settle at the middle since it could clearly emphasize that they own the entire place for tonight. Jimin took a seat and fiddled with his phone while Jungkook checked out the bowling balls. It has been a while since the last time he went bowling and he sort of missed it. He liked the sports, actually, given that he excelled on it, and it was a good unwinding activity whenever he felt stressed.

Jimin’s phone alerted from a text.

“Ah, they’re here.” He said and stood up.

Jungkook’s eyes darted towards the entrance at once. He immediately recognized her. Well, after secretly watching her video repeatedly, it wasn’t impossible to memorize her physique and movement even from afar. He and Jimin weren’t expecting anyone else too so obviously Jungkook could immediately recognize a Choi Yuna geared with a black mask and white cap to cover her face.

Yuju entered with her friend from her group, Eunha, the one with the short hair that Suga was starting to also grow fond of. As soon as the two girls were inside, they removed their masks and cap—and finally, after so long… he could see her bright smile.

She looked different today. A good kind of different. Usually, he’d see her long hair tied in a ponytail or loose on her slender back, but tonight, she was wearing low twin pig-tails. She looked cute. It suited her.

Everything always suited her. She looked great even in a pair of skinny jeans, a long sleeved navy crop-top, and a trench coat.

“Jimin-sunbae!” She greeted with an enthusiastic wave as she strutted towards them. “Jungkook-sunbae!”

Jungkook bit his inner cheeks and tried to disregard the butterflies in his stomach upon seeing a ball of sunshine heading towards their way. Usually, she’d greet them with a polite bow just what she and her group always did whenever they met at music shows, but knowing that they were hidden from the eyes of the public, she went in for a friendly hug.

“It’s so nice to see you both again.”

Jungkook froze right on the spot when Yuju embraced him. It took him a few seconds to respond, but he got to hug her back and feel the warmth of her body. The hug didn’t last long… and he still yearned for it. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter