Side story: Eunseo is mourning. Luckily stone Nayoung is there to consoled her

Just Like This

(Eunseo and Nayoung’s pep talk after Eunseo watched China Produce ep 1) PS: It’s pretty random, i warn you.

 

*ring ring*

 

Nayoung looks at her phone and see an unknown number flashed on her iPhone’s screen. She contemplated for awhile whether it’s safe to pick up the phone, not only because the number is not saved in her phone and also because it’s quite late now. But she follows her instinct anyway that telling her this call might be harmless. 

 

But she kinda regretted her decision because as soon as she decided to press the green button to answer,

 

 

Caller: “UNNIEEEE!!!”

 

Nayoung lifted one of her eyebrows in confusion. Whoever this person is, she (yeah it’s a ‘she’) does know how to ruin Nayoung’s peaceful night with her loud voice. But Nayoung knows that she has to keep her manner still. 

 

Im Nayoung: “Sorry, but who is this?”

 

Nayoung carefully asked with her normal flat tone. Obviously unamused and unhappy. 

 

But weirdly, for some reasons, the voice is kind of familiar in her ears. As if she ever heard it before somewhere but she can’t pinpoint it at this moment. 

 

Caller: “Oh please excuse my rudeness. I totally forget to introduce myself. Ahem.. Hana dul set.. UJU LIKE! Annyeonghaseyo WJSN’s Eunseo-imnida~”

 

Nayoung had to put the phone away from her ear because of how loud Eunseo’s voice when she’s shouting her group’s introduction to her as if she was talking to the crowds from the stage above. 

 

Nayoung: “Ah.. Okay. You need something from me, Eunseo-ssi?”

 

Son Eunseo: “Yes, unnie. But first of all, please drop the honorific with me, unnie and just comfortably talk to me. Please.”

 

Nayoung: “Okay, i can try that. So what’s up, Juyeon-ah? How can you find my number? And aren’t you guys still banned from having personal mobile phone?”

 

Eunseo: “Hahaha me like that better.” Eunseo giggled.

 

“And about your number, i always have my way, unnie. And i borrow this phone from our manager, saying i have to make an urgent call. So he let me. Hehe..”

 

Nayoung: “Okay, i’ll pretend to be alright with that and not think of you as a creep.” Nayoung lightly scoffed. 

 

Then someone’s smiling image suddenly appears in her head. 

 

“Oh Eunseo-yah, how’s Yeonjung? I saw and talked to her on ISAC, she looks healthy. I just want to make sure she still is by the time we’re talking right now.”

 

Eunseo: “Aww, the leader is worrying one of her kids eh? You’re just so admirable, unnie. Yeonjung is fine. She rest well, eat well. Loud as always. It’s just that i hope she can think twice, thrice, or even ten times, because the more the better, in her head before she voices out the things in her mind out loud. So she can save herself from numerous troubles. And her members don’t have to keep hardly trying to save her from time to time.”

 

Nayoung finally let herself to laugh out loud. She has been holding it back but she can’t do it anymore. Eunseo is quite hilarious ahem savage too, and besides she can totally relate to the things that Eunseo said just now. 

 

Nayoung: “Hahaha.. i know right. She’s just that hopelessly senseless kid. She’s too bright, too cheerful, but unfortunately lack of wittiness and sensitiveness. I mean it’s fine if it happens when there are just us, her friends, her members. Because we understand how her words sometimes could come out too strong than what she intended simply because she’s a senseless pabo. But when there are cameras and fans, sometimes it’s just too hard to help her out. I can totally relate. Really. After all, it’s for her own good if she can do like what you hope her to be.” Nayoung ended with a chuckle.  

 

Eunseo: “Yeah.. By the way unnie, have you watched Idol Producer?”

 

Nayoung: “You mean China’s Produce?”

 

Eunseo: “Yes, the one with our girlfriends be the dance mentor.”

 

Nayoung: “YOU KNOW???”

 

Eunseo: “Ehehe.. a-am i supposed to not say this? Aigoo i’m so dead. Xiao-xiao will kill me if she knows.” Eunseo lowly groaned as she’s facepalming herself. 

 

Nayoung: “Ani.. i mean it’s fine. But i just wish you can keep it as a secret for yourself. We want to keep it private.”

 

Eunseo: “Roger that. But you do know that you two are pretty obvious right sometimes?”

 

Nayoung: “We are??” The question caught Nayoung off guard. Because as far as she can remember, she always make it subtle. She always try to make her relationship with Jieqiong hidden from public’s eyes. Not because she’s embarrassed or whatsoever. She just want to keep being professional in front of their fans and keep her love life private to her and her lover and not to be public’s consumption.  

 

Euseo: “Yeah. But anyway we have a more important thing to discuss. If you don’t mind can we start to talk about that more important thing, unnie?”

 

Nayoung: “Ah. Sure. But before that, may i know how do you know about my relationship with Kyulkyung?”

 

Eunseo: “Well.. like what i said. You two are pretty obvious. I don’t know about the others but to me, yes, it’s obvious, you two. And then second because there is no secret between bestfriends, no secret between your Kyulkyung and my Xiao. And since there’s also no secret between girlfriends, my Xiao-xiao tell me about it. About her bestfriend and her bestfriend’s girlfriend that happened to be you. Hehe. Whoops, sorry. I think i should not giggled.”

 

Nayoung: “Okay okay. I got it.” Nayoung said while making a mental note to warn Jieqiong to be more careful in sharing their secrets to Chengxiao because Chengxiao will share them with Eunseo. 

 

She likes Eunseo but she still can’t bring herself to completely trust her. Not that she thinks Eunseo is some kind of bad person/back stabber or what, but more like she’s afraid Eunseo will accidentally blurted out things she supposed not to either when she’s drunk or sleep-talking in her sleep. Yeah, to her, Eunseo is that kind of crazy-unpredictable-full of surprises person. But again, she likes Eunseo as a person and as a friend that she meets at ‘work’. She’s a fun-bubbly person. With a quite similar humor taste with her. Maybe if she let herself to spend more time with the girl, try to know her better, maybe, who knows, she and Eunseo can be good friends too just like how their girlfriends are close friends. And they can have a fun double date with their Chinese girlfriends. 

 

Eunseo: “So, about China’s produce. Have you watched the first episode that aired today?”

 

Nayoung: “I haven’t. Why?”

 

Eunseo: “No wonder you still can act this calm!” Eunseo exclaimed. 

 

Nayoung: “I’m always this calm, Eunseo. I’m the calmest, the ‘normalest’ one in my previous and current group. Just so you know in case you haven’t figured that one out.”

 

Eunseo: “Oh same here. I’m also the calm—-“

 

Nayoung: “Lying is bad, Eunseo. So what’s up with the first episode?” Nayoung calmly cut her off. 

 

Eunseo: “My Xiao-xiao, and your Qiong-qiong, they are openly flirting with bunch of handsome trainees in Produce. Saying they are handsome, have a nice toned body, have a sweet voice, funny. Huhuhuhu~” Eunseo shamelessly sobs.

 

Nayoung: “They what??” Nayoung raised her voice slightly.

 

Eunseo: “Yes, unnie! You should be mad. You should be sad and heart-broken just like me. I mean how can they do that to us?? How can my Xiao-xiao looking at someone else who is not me with that kind of adoration in her eyes and seductive smirk on lips! Huhuhu~ maybe i should file a divorce.”

 

Nayoung: “Yah how can you divorce her when you two aren’t even married yet.”

 

Eunseo: “Ah right. Maybe i should just leave WJSN. Does Pristin still need additional member?”

 

Nayoung: “No, Eunseo. We’re fine with our current members. Have no plan to add nor lose any member so far. So no, thanks.”

 

Eunseo: “Ah i see.. So unnie, what should i do? Huhuhu~”

 

Nayoung: “First of all, stop crying, you’re not a baby anymore. And second, get your head straight, Son Juyeon! It’s just a show. I believe they have to put some act to make the show y’know more fun to watch. I’ve been in Produce. I know how the way it works. Even though it’s a reality survival show, doesn’t mean what they showed to the viewers are all 100% real. The main purpose of the show is of course to entertain people in order to get people’s attention and love. To make the show have a high rating. Seongso loves you. Kyulkyung loves me. Just believe in them and their love for us. We are all working in the same world. We know how this world works way better than anyone else. It can be dirty and ugly sometimes. So let’s be more mature and understanding. Let’s support our girls. They have worked so hard for this show.”

 

Eunseo: “Ah.. it’s such a relief to know that i’m talking to the right person. Thank you, unnie. I’m going to get my together now. I’m indeed such an idiot sometimes. Maybe because i’m on my period too i become this illogical and stupid.”

 

Nayoung: “Yeah period is such a torture—“

 

Juyeon-ah! You haven’t finished with my phone?”

 

Nayoung can hear a man voice from the line. Maybe WJSN’s manager. 

 

“Oh oppa! Wait. I’ll be done soon.” Eunseo replied, half shouting.

 

Eunseo: “Unnie..”

 

Nayoung: “I think you should go now.”

 

Eunseo: “Yeah, my manager oppa starts nagging already. Huft.”

 

Nayoung: “Okay then. It was nice talking to you, Eunseo-yah. After this you have to talk it out with Seongso, alright? Whatever the problem, try to discuss it first with your partner. Don’t keep things away from her. That’s not healthy for a relationship. It can be a poison that will ruin your relationship.”

 

Eunseo: “Ne, i got it, unnie. Once again, thank you. It’s nice talking to you too. Good night, Nayoung unnie. Told Kyul i say hi and she did a great job in Produce. I hope the show will gain a big success.”

 

Nayoung: “Sure thing. I’ll let her know. Good night.”

 

*phone line disconnected*

 

 

“That kid is surely unique.” Nayoung said to herself with a subtle smile as she thought of the girl that just talked to her on phone earlier and walk toward her girlfriend’s room.

 

She does have some questions to ask her. 

 

Like are those male trainees really that charming? Did they really charmed her? 

 

And Kyulkyung better give her the right answer or else the hell’s break is about to loose. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nah.. Nayoung just wanted to see the cute panic face of her girlfriend by teasing her a bit.