Because sometimes little things that you did for someone might be the things that touched their heart the deepest

Just Like This

Because sometimes little things that you did for someone might be the things that touched their heart the deepest.

 

Like the way Eunseo keeps diligently fixing Chengxiao’s bangs (Even more diligent than the bangs’ owner).

 

Or the way Chengxiao quietly takes the liberty to fill up the empty glass in front of Eunseo with water (because she’s afraid Eunseo’s throat might hurt after laughing so hard like that).

 

Or the way they indirectly ‘bragging’ to the whole world about how well they know about each other.

 

“Seongso usually can’t drink any herbal drink.”

 

“Yes, Eunseo can’t really drink coffee.”

 

And since they know each other that well, there’s no need to ask a boring question like, “are you okay?”. “are you tired?”. “are you hungry?”.

But it’s always, “Here. I cook ramyun for you. Eat up so you can recharge your energy.”

Or, “Stop torturing yourself. You've practiced enough. Go to bed now before i drag you there.”

 

Or simply quietly sitting beside each other (*ps: it’s honestly quite amusing to witness how they have the other 11 members, but somehow they always ended up sitting/standing next to each other most of the time), exchanging a warm smile before falling into a comfortable silence. Because having each other presence, knowing you have someone else beside you, someone to lean on to, someone to share your burden with, that’s more effective in reassuring you than any sweetest word in the world could do.

Silence can be really comforting. Especially if you share it with someone who understand and cherish the silence in the same way like you do.

 

“You know, your friendship with SinB is quite admirable. Fans are shipping you two.” Chengxiao said with a smile, albeit too sweetly. So Eunseo smiles back at her, almost like mimicking her as if she’s the reflection of Chengxiao in the mirror.

 

“Yeah, i know that.. Oh by the way, you and Kyulkyung look super cute together. Have any thought in dating each other?”

 

“...”

 

“What? Don’t look at me like that.” Eunseo poked Chengxiao’s cheek twice with her index finger but Chengxiao just expressionlessly looking back at her before she’s huffing loudly.

 

“Why you always find a way to rebut me. I hate you.”

 

“No you don’t. You won’t hate someone as sweet as me. As caring as me. As adorable as me. Most importantly, you won’t hate someone who loves you as much as i do, Chengxiao-ssi.”

 

Chengxiao contemplated for awhile before she opens again.

 

“Yeah.. I think i can’t do that. Not when that person even so hardly learn Chinese for me. Because that person says, let me quote her.. ‘I want to able to understand you better. I want to be the one who understand you the best. But you’re still struggling with your Korean. And as much as it frustrates you, it frustrates me too just as much whenever you get frustrated in trying to express something in Korean but you couldn’t. So i promise i’ll try my best to learn the language you understand the best. I’ll learn Chinese, and let’s meet in the middle, where we can finally understand each other the most.’ Well, i have to admit, it was so touching, Eunseo-ssi. I mean your words. I almost cry at that time.” Chengxiao wipes away her invisible tears.

 

“Don’t be a jerk. You were not even close to tearing up at that time.”

 

“Hahaha~” Chengxiao breaks into an uncontrollable laughter. She hides her face in the crook of Eunseo’s neck and Eunseo let her be despite having a sour expression on her face. And just as if her hand has its own mind, her hand make its way to circling around Chengxiao’s waist, securing her in place.

 

After a while, Chengxiao finally able to stop her laugh.

 

She raised her hands and cupped Eunseo’s small face in her hands. Her eyes looking into Eunseo’s clear orbs with so much love and adoration.

 

“So far, i never have any thought of dating Kyulkyung or anyone else who is not you. It’s still you who i want to date. And i think it will always be like that.”

 

“Good. And people might shipping me with anyone, but i myself will only shipping Son Eunseo with Chengxiao. I’m that OTP’s biggest fan. I mean it’s so obvious that Son Eunseo is deeply, crazily in love with Chengxiao xiao. The other OTP will never beat that i believe. They can’t.”

 

Wo shi zhen de zhen de hen ai ni. Ni zhi dao ma?” Chengxiao asked with her tiny soft voice as she’s pulling the taller girl in front of her into her embrace, hugging her tight.

 

Wo zhi dao. Wo ye zhen de hen ai ni, Chengxiao Xiao.”