You and I

Wish Tree

Description: A random weekend of Wendy and Irene.

Genre: Fluff

A/N: A one day challenge (I actually wrote this in one day lol)

---

There was something slightly different about Wendy today as Irene tried to squint to spot it.

Perhaps it’s the new colour lipstick or the way her bangs were divided to the side. Maybe it was lighting from the room that made her look in the new light. Or maybe it could be the way Wendy’s smiles were radiating. Irene didn’t know what it was, but it was working on her as she found herself drawn to her.

These kinds of moment were rare to have especially she had been dating Wendy for years.

They just came back from a friend’s birthday party as they were the first to leave since Irene had asked her without much of a reason. For her, it was a selfish reason because Irene felt like she was going to lose it when Wendy was around her. Wendy was goddam attractive today and her hormones were on fire.

Not to be mistaken that Irene had never lust for Wendy, she did which resulted them in bed with the hot mess, but her desires tonight were incredibly heightened. Her body were aching to touch her so badly that it was starting to hurt from the nails clawing into her palm and her teeth biting on her bottom lips to restrain herself. How inappropriate was it when she was imagining them with lips swollen and cloths scattered across the room while her friend was blowing out candles?

It was a surprise to her that she hadn’t shoved Wendy to the wall and thrown herself onto her the moment they opened their shared home. Although her eyes had never left Wendy as they drift up and down until they lingered on her .

“Do you need water Joohyun?” Wendy asked worriedly sensing something wrong with her tonight. She dropped her large purse onto the kitchen counter and her hands were already raised to the cupboard.

“No. I’m okay.”

“Are you sure?”

Irene nodded as she got off the couch and made her way to her. No longer having the need to hold back, she smiled to herself and wrapped her hands around Wendy’s waist.

Wendy’s worried eyes slowly disappeared as they turned affectionate from the way Irene was looking at her.

“What is it?”

“You’re glowing tonight.”

“Huh? From what?”

Irene didn’t answer as her hand gently guided Wendy’s hair behind her shoulder so that she had a great view of her collar bones. Her hands didn’t stop there as she traced them back and forth.

“You just look very beautiful.”

Wendy only blinked in awe as she never seen the intensity in her eyes before. It almost looked as if Irene was preying on her the whole night waiting for them to be alone. She pursed her lips together as she felt her stomach was turning up from excitement and nervousness.

“You also look beautiful. You always do.”

Irene’s eyes became half lidded as she started to lean closer while her hands were ing Wendy’s blouse. She only got down to the third button until a ringtone blared throughout the room.

“It’s a small world after all,

It’s a small world after all…”

Irene frowned when she found the mood and tension were killed from the children song singing in the background. The warmth was lost when Wendy went to dig into her purse and fumble around the items until she reached for her phone.

“Hello?” Wendy gasped out when she found out that she was holding her breath earlier and her eyes widen in bewilderment and embarrassed.

“Yes. We got home.”

Irene was annoyed and bothered. Whoever called her was receiving a silent curse and not to mention, Wendy’s innocent cute ringtones. She was never disturbed with her ringtone until now and she was going to somehow get Wendy to change it.

“Yea she’s fine. I think she had something to do so we had to leave. Sorry.”

Yeri. That annoying brat! Irene growled under her breath.

“Thanks. Don’t worry about us. Enjoy your birthday.”

Soon Wendy hung up her phone and stayed there not sure what to do with the situation now. Could she continue what happened earlier or was the air completely gone now?

Apparently Irene didn’t think so when she turned her body around to face her and hands pulled her by the shoulder. Lips finally meet and the cravings in their bodies weren’t satisfied yet. The kisses became fervent as Irene’s body towered over her trying to deepen further. Wendy whimpered from the attack on as she tried to match with her ardent ones.

Irene’s tongue caressed the roof of Wendy’s mouth and her hands ran up and down her sides. It wasn’t even a minute until they heard the dreading song again.

“It’s a small world after all…”

Wendy pulled back again leaving Irene completely baffled.

“Hello?”

Irene glared at her and stood there listening to her phone calls.

Wendy gave an apologetic look and looked away.

“Oh. I didn’t even notice. Sorry, I’ll get it from you tomorrow.”

Wendy hung up again and this time, she put her phone on silent. She gave a nervous look to Irene and hoped Irene wasn’t too mad with her.

“Yeri said you forgot to take your shirt.”

Irene didn’t even give a respond and felt defeated.

The heat and desires were no longer there and Irene couldn’t find herself bringing it back up again. Instead, she turned away heading toward the bedroom. The night ended early with her next statement.

“I’m going to shower first.”

---

The next day was slightly better.

The weekend was busy for the couples as they attended Seulgi and Joy’s wedding. With the promise of helping out their dear friends (they were cheap to pay for extra service), they went there early to help set up the place which also meant that Irene couldn’t get her moment with Wendy yet. However, the day was special and dedicated for their friends, she wasn’t that selfish.

“Wendy! Where did you put the letters?”

“I have them!” Wendy went over to their friend Amber who was also helping to set up the venue.

Irene ignored them as she was setting up the tables while putting the utensils in the correct order. She was slightly ually frustrated, but she shoved it at the back of her mind for the sake of her sanity.

Her girlfriend was running around like a hamster on wheels working endlessly. The very kind Wendy was always so selfless and she found out that she did enjoy helping out people. Of course, that would put her in demand as she was always assigned to something difficult that a normal person would find bothersome. Irene wasn’t really against it, but until she finds anyone taking advantage of Wendy, she will bark at them.

Setting up 30 tables were endless making her stuck in the dining place when she wanted to find out what Wendy was doing. Her body had found a routine as she was placing things in auto mode.

Forks on the left, plates in the middle, knife and spoons on the right, drinks on the top, roll up napkins…

To her relief, she saw someone sent to help her.

“Doing a great job Irene.” Sunny complimented as she grabbed a handful of utensils and copied Irene’s placement.

“Thanks.” Irene smiled politely as her hands were folding the napkins and then set it gently on the white large plates.

“Your girlfriend is also working hard.”

“Yeah. I think I lost her somewhere.”

Sunny giggled and they continue to work together.

“How long have you two been together?”

“Five years.”

“Hmm. Have you talked about marriage yet?”

“We have. We just want to do it at an appropriate pace.”

“Fair fair.”

Sunny dropped the topic since she didn’t want to be too privy in things. They talked about other small things and their lives. She found out that Sunny was starting a business and congratulate her. Sunny was her senior back in university and it was very pleasant for them to catch up in conversations.

When they were done, they went off to take a break by the water coolers as they watched the men ironing down the red carpet so that it was attached and center to the room connecting to the main doors. The place was starting to look elegant and dazzling.

Seulgi came out with a huge smile on her face. “Thanks for helping out. It looks beautiful.”

Seulgi received another round of congratulation and the smile was never wiped out of her face. She looked ecstatic and she deserved every moment of it. Irene wondered if she would wear the same look on her face when she marries Wendy.

She imagined something similar to this, having it to be hers and Wendy’s special day – A day full of promises and a day where Wendy becomes her wife. She really wanted to see both of them in their white gowns and then later stripping them off (her dirty thoughts were going off again). Also taking a mental note to get Seulgi and Joy to return the favour.

With nothing else to do (until someone hounds her down and assign her another task), she went out to look for Wendy. The place wasn’t that huge and her feet had visited every room and she still couldn’t find the girl. She walked into Amber and stopped her.

“Have you seen Wendy?”

“Oh. She had to go out and pick up Joy’s parent.”

“I see.” Irene stared blankly although she was a little sad.

“She’ll be back soon.” Amber quickly looked around. “Do you have anything to do?”

“No.”

“Why don’t you help me with the speakers?” She held up a bunch of black cables in her hand.

Irene shrugged. There wasn’t anything else she could do since Wendy wasn’t here.

“Sure.”

She thought tables were annoying to set up, but these speakers were the most complicated thing she’d encountered today. The wires were tangled and each cable was specific to the plugins. It was all mumble jumbles to her. However, she was somewhat grateful for keeping busy because she was starting to worry about Wendy.

Wendy finally showed up just in time when they had to get ready for themselves before the wedding. They were bridesmaid, she was Seulgi’s and Wendy was Joy’s. Half the day already went by and they were both tired, but they didn’t complain since it was all about their friends.

When they were both done, Irene took a great look at Wendy admiring her in the blue dress snugged to her body and her makeup was subtlety vibrant. She already felt her face heat up carrying the dirty thoughts in her head the whole day.

“Somehow, I feel like I’m the special one here.” Wendy nervously chuckled.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because my girlfriend is the prettiest.” Funny. That was exactly how Irene thought of her at the moment.

Irene looked at herself in the mirror as she was wearing the same dress as Wendy, but in purple. She blinked and turned back to the irresistible Wendy. She walked up to her and whispered seductively into her ears.

“I can’t wait to have you.” Irene then stepped back to see a bright red creeping to Wendy’s face and slightly dropped down. She had to turn away when the urge was only growing and helped Seulgi in her dress.

It wasn’t that much longer when the wedding had officially started. Everyone watched Joy and Seulgi looking absolutely stunning throughout the night with the biggest grin she had ever seen them wear.

Joy and Seulgi had their own stories only to be told for another day. They both said their vows and finished with the two words to seal their promise.

“I do.”

Wendy squeezed her hand firmly and stared at the beautiful couple. Pictures were taken and the crowd cheered Joy on to throw the bouquet of flowers. Wendy and Irene found themselves pushed to the front row as if they were expecting them to catch the flowers. Wendy joined in for the fun, but unknown to her, Irene was serious about it.

Joy took a good look and smiled when she saw the couple in the front, making sure she aimed for them.

With her great strength, she accidently threw it too high and the flowers went over their heads and Irene frowned when she lost it to Yoona. She was simply too much at disadvantage with her height.

Wendy dragged the sulking girl away from the crowd.

“Don’t be too sad. I’ll buy you all the flowers in the world.”

“It’s not about the flowers. It’s the whole tradition, I’ve always wanted to catch one.” Irene whined and continued to pout only for Wendy to see.

For some reason Wendy was extra nervous tonight yet she never felt more secured and loved around Irene. She firmly held Irene’s left hand making sure she had her full attention on her and took out a small box behind her and opened it. Wendy held it out for Irene to see, her other hand was slightly shaking. She heard a gasp escaped from Irene.

“We really don’t need the flowers alright?” Wendy tried her best to hold her gaze with Irene’s.

Irene’s mouth could not close at the sight of the diamond ring. Her heart was beating loudly and a new wave of emotions rushed through her veins. However, her feet stayed rooted on the ground waiting Wendy to pop the question.

“Marry me.”

Suddenly, Wendy felt arms wrap around her waist and it was her turn to lose her breath when Irene was this close to her. She saw the look in Irene’s eyes before she leaned in giving her the sweetest kiss she’d tasted. Irene smiled in between kisses and she closed her eyes to enjoy every flutter that Wendy never failed to make her feel.

Wendy didn’t need a ‘yes’ from Irene as she knew in those kisses that Irene had waited for this moment. She pulled out quickly and held Irene’s left hand again. She slid the ring on her finger and found that it fit perfectly.

She embraced Irene once again and relish the moment just between them.

Seulgi went over to the microphone in her white dress.

“Men, stay away from my friend Irene. She has a fiancée now.”