one

i think i'm falling (i'm falling for you)

Sana catches Momo’s eyes the second she steps into the poorly-lit excuse of a gym. It may be because she’s a new face, or because she has the nicest eyes a girl could have, but it’s probably because Sana, upon stepping through the already wide-open door, trips over her own two feet and goes sprawling across the brown, hardwood flooring. All eyes are now on the new girl, so it isn’t only Momo watching her, who starts to nervously chuckle and make her way over to where she assumes are her classmates in this god forsaken P.E. class she’s forced to take for credit. It isn’t her fault she’s, as her mother puts it, “athletically challenged.”

“And you must be the new kid,” Coach Park declares as Sana scrambles over to the group and stands in front of the class.

Sana immediately brightens up, almost forgetting the incident that had just happened. “That’s me! Sorry about the whole interruption back there.”

Coach ignores her apology and turns back to the class. “Everyone, this is Sarah.”

“Sana.”

“Excuse me?”

“My name is Sana, not Sarah.”

Coach sighs. “Class, this is Sana. Please make sure to watch out for her, especially because, as we’d all seen a couple minutes ago, she doesn’t seem to have the best coordination.”

This earns a couple laughs from her classmates which made Sana look down to the floor. First day of class and she’s already embarrassing herself. She’s never going to live this one down.

“Anyways, today’s activity is kickball,” Coach continues. “Momo and Jeongyeon are picking teams,” he says as two girls break away from the rest of the students and start walking to the front where their coach and Sana stand.

Sana glances at the girls. They both look to be around Sana’s height, but one has brown hair that is put up into a ponytail, and the other girl has short blonde hair. The two captains for the game simultaneously make eye contact with Sana, scaring the new girl who quickly shuffles away to fit in with the rest of her classmates, out of view from the two intimidating characters.

“Alright Jeongyeon, you can pick since Momo went first last time.”

Sana’s sure she’ll be picked last. Along with being a new student, now everyone knows about her clumsiness.

And sure enough, it comes down to Sana and one other girl, who Sana assumes is younger than her because of her tiny frame. Still yet, she’s sure she’ll be picked last, given the whole show she just put on, but is shocked when she hears her name being called out.

“Sana.”

This breaks Sana from her thoughts. She looks up to see the girl, the one with the ponytail, staring at her expectedly, waiting for Sana to walk towards her group that stands to the right of their instructor. Hesitantly, Sana begins to walk towards the team, knowing fully aware that the entire class, including the Coach’s, eyes are on her. This makes her even more nervous and she wills herself not to trip in front of everyone again.

But the nerves get to her and suddenly she’s three seconds away from being face-down on the floor again.

However, instead of the cold, hard floor, Sana feels the strong grip of a hand wrapped her upper arm, holding her upright. The people in Ponytail’s team groans, knowing that they’re for sure going to lose with Sana on their team, but the captain snaps her head around and glares at them, effectively quieting the hushed whispers.

“Uh okay, I guess you’re with me then, Chaeng,” Sana hears the other captain, the one with short hair, utter.

“Wow, thanks Jeong, what an honor!” It’s the short girl talking, the one who Sana was in competition for last with.

Jeongyeon laughs and both teams start to walk towards their respective side. All the while, Momo and Sana stand frozen, Momo’s grip still tight around Sana’s arm.

“Oh, sorry,” Momo mutters, afraid she’s hurting the girl.

“N-no, it’s fine,” Sana stutters. “Thanks for helping me not fall again.”

Momo gives a small smile and turns around, walking to where the rest of the group is.

All Sana can do is stare at her back until Coach blows his whistle, jolting her out of her thoughts.

“Sarah, it’s game time! Wipe off your drool and let’s go!”

Sana’s hand instinctively shoots up towards but wipes at nothing. The other kids start to laugh, and Sana, embarrassed, starts jogging towards her teammates. This is going to be a LONG game.

 

 

 

sorry this chapter is really short! this was supposed to be a one shot but it'll probably be a few chapters long. also, follow me on twitter @kimdabhyun_ if you're bored and wanna talk about twice! also also, is anyone else always conflicted between samo and namo??? because i am.