In which there is only one chapter

Tired

 

One more time.

That’s all he promised himself. Because to go beyond that would make him the definition of creepy, much more so than the previous five viewings of the video. There was a limit for those things, like how one must not gawk at one’s band mate for more than five consecutive minutes or else other people (especially the person being watched) might catch on and then you’re screwed. He’s got it all figured out now, the timing and the limit on these things, making sure that he keeps his obsession under wraps.

He shuts off the laptop after Sungjong did that ridiculous head tilt with his lips pushed out in a pout. It wasn’t fair how Sungjong was so damn attractive. He thinks there should be a limit on that too; it was just unnatural to be that attractive and that oblivious at the same time.

Echo of voices down the hall tells him that the youngest has come home. He sighs and gets up; readying himself for ‘welcome back’ hugs and kisses that would always follow the return of the maknae. He welcomes those; it was the only time that he ever really got to touch Sungjong all over and not be scared of repercussions.

“Hyung, I brought back some food. Do you want some?”

Myungsoo nodded his head. It seems like he’s just missed the greetings and everyone’s moved to the kitchen.

“Of course. As long as it’s from you, I don’t mind.”

He winced. Was that really obvious? Maybe he was coming on too strong. But then again, he could always be referring to the incident when Hoya tried to cook and ended up giving everyone diarrhea. He crossed his fingers and hoped that Sungjong thought it referred to the latter, anything else would be disastrous.

“You really are too cheesy hyung. I think you should stop hanging around Woohyun-hyung so much,” Sungjong laughed.

Well, so much for that. Wishes would be better if they actually came true once in a while.

“Or maybe you could stop being so cute. I read somewhere that cuteness attracts greasiness.”

Woops. Verbal diarrhea, he thinks, there should be a cure for that. People have found ways to cure a billion different kinds of diseases and have even wiped out a couple from existence, so why couldn’t have one of them been verbal diarrhea.

“Really? You’re not messing with me again are you?” Quizzical eyebrows and a slight pout responded.

“Well, you never know,” Myungsoo smiles the smile that usually makes the fans go wild and hopes that Sungjong will change the topic. Because that’s what Sungjong’s usually good at; keeping the conversation flowing.

“Don’t listen to him. He’s getting nuttier every day, I think the lack of sleep is getting to him,” Sunggyu butts in.

He sighs. They’ve had this conversation a thousand times. He knows the leader is worried about him but staying relevant and keeping busy is the only way to ensure that they’re on top, even if it means adopting the ways of an insomniac.

“Oh hyung, you should go eat and then sleep if you’re not feeling up to playing.”

Sungjong somehow manages to insert a pout halfway through his sentence. Myungsoo quickly reassures him that he’s fine; but he know how it looks, the dark circles under his eyes are getting worse every day.

As they eat, he can feel the eyes of Sungjong lingering on him. Sometimes, only ever so much, he wishes that the leader was less caring of them and less of a worrier because then everyone picks up on it and then they focus their attention on the object of Sunggyu’s worries; and this time, he was the unlucky one.

He showers and makes his way to bed after he eats because, really, how long can one stand the gazes of six members before succumbing to their wants? Not as long as one might think.  

But then, there always are good things that come when one obeys instructions. Like having a certain maknae be all fussy over you and tucking you in.

It wasn’t always nice to be tired and worn out, but then, he would always accept attention from Sungjong, no matter what context it was in.

---------------------------------------------

oh shucks, that was kind of all over the place 

(much like my brain at the moment)