Afraid

Hana's Stories about Jimin [PJM]

 

 

 

Title : Afraid
Characters : You as Narysa X Park Jimin
Genre : Fantasy
Based on : Afraid by Lily M

"I'm afraid of you..."


“Go away,” You mumbled under your steep breath. Your small body kept shivering in the dark room. Sounds of harsh footsteps echoed from the outside and stopped exactly at the doorway.

“Narysa…,” You looked up at the silhouette of your father and sealed your lips tighter than before.

“Narysa... I know you’re here… I need you for tonight. Just tonight,” You then heard sounds of keys clacking and the door unlocked within seconds. The dim light shone over you, revealed your face with scars and some small cuts.

“Come on, darling. Sleep with me tonight…” You gasped at the word ‘sleep’. His grin turned wider and his gaze literally staring into your soul. You know you won’t be safe tonight, just like the other nights.

XXXXX

You sat by the lake, staring up on the shimmering stars. You can’t see the moon though. It’s been a long while since the moon appear. You love how the moon just shines through the darkness, makes your night brighter.

“Hey,” You jolted at the call. Turning to your back, you sighed as you found it’s only your friend. Minji came again tonight, still with her big black robe. She’s unique. She only comes out at night to meet you and she won’t tell you anything about her house and family. It’s like a top secret for you, waiting to be break sooner or later.

“I thought you’re some-,”

“Guys?” Minji cut you off. A bitter smile plastered on your face. She landed her right beside you on the bench.

“You’re sure you don’t need to meet a psychiatrist for that phobia? What does it called again?” You leaned your back and inhaled deeply before let it go slowly.

“Androphobia,” Your reply brought up her memories again.

“Ah, yes. Fear of guys. How can you socialize with people? You need a life,” You scoffed at her words.

“What is life anyway? It’s been 16 years and nothing changes. I won’t ever know how it feels to have a happy life, great family, I won’t,” You spoke your heart out. You have tried your hardest to fix this illness but you can’t. It’s hard and killing you inside.

“Hey, listen,” A pair of hand suddenly crept up onto both of your shoulders, pulling it to make you facing her. You inverted your gaze into hers and it’s always the same. It’s warm but you can sense a little pain in it.

“Not all guys as bad as him. Liars, erts, not all of guys in this world are like that,” Your lips curved into a bitter smile. You grabbed her hands and pushed it away.

“Prove it,” You replied short. Instead of an answer, she breathed out heavily.

“Forget it. I’m not the one who can cure you,” She turned her face away and stood up. She was taking her first step to leave when your grip stopped her. She set her eyes on you again.

“But you can make me forget about those guys. That’s one of the cures I need,” Minji’s hard face softened and she gave you a dazzling eye smile. She sat beside you and slipped her hand into her robe’s pocket. She then drew a book out and handed it to you. You eyed the book before looking at her eyes.

“You should read it. It’s very inspirational,” You tilted your head to the side while processing her last point.

“Why would I need this?” You blurted out your thoughts. Minji’s hand makes its way to your head and started to mess with your hair. You pulled away, pouting. She placed the book on your lap.

“Just read it. See you soon,” With that, she stood on her feet and headed away from you. You kept your gaze onto her dark robe covered figure before she disappeared through the fog.

XXXXX

You lifted your eyelids when you heard some knocks at your window. Using your hands as support, you pushed your body off the bed and walked closer to the source of those knocks. Who in the world just knocked at your window at 12.30 am?

You held your fist on the curtains and pulled it away. To your surprise, it’s a crow. You pushed the window open and stayed there, so does the crow.

After you noticed there’s some notes at the crow’s beak, you caught that crow and reached the note. The crow then just flew away without any notice.

“When the moonlight showers, you’ll feel sorrows,” You read the words and totally confused.

‘Moonlight?’ Your eyes instantly gazed upwards, towards the moon.

XXXXX

“You’re back,” Minji quickly gazed up on the voice. She saw a tall figure with the same robe as hers. His silky gray hair, charismatic eyes, pointy nose and dimples which appear whenever he smiles were enough to captivate any hearts.

Minji just flashed him a small smile and walked passed him. She then closed the door behind her, standing there while staring through the darkness of her room blankly. Without caring to switch on the lamp, she slipped out from her black robe and white dress.

Minji inhaled a deep breath, hold it in and let it go in slow pace. Right after she exhales, her body dramatically changed. Her chest and hips shrunk inwards and her flat stomach became perfect abs. Her biceps also grew bigger than before. Her eyes which were light brown in colour turned darker. Her long, wavy dark brown hair shortened and also changed colour to bright red.

She glanced at the mirror only to found her body changed perfectly into a man’s body. It’s not a change actually. She, no. He came back to his original body’s state. The door suddenly makes ‘crack’ sounds, showing that someone’s entering the room.

Yah- Oh. I didn’t know you’re changing,” He turned to his back, gazing at Namjoon who slightly poking his head in between the door ajar.

“It’s fine,” He stepped nearer to his bed and grabbed his pants.

“What do you want?” He asked while wearing his pants.

Namjoon stopped on his track when he accidentally stepped on the white dress. He bent down and picked it up.

“You met with her again?” The younger male just ignore Namjoon’s question and threw himself onto the bed, letting his body sank into the softness.

“You know it’s not safe to hang out with humans, right? You’re really being such a careless person,” Minji who actually known as Jimin rolled his eyes, annoyed by Namjoon.

“We’re not humans, remember?” Namjoon laughed at his words.

“You got the point. But I warned you, I can’t always stop the moonlights,” Namjoon threw that white dress and vividly it landed right on Jimin’s face. Jimin grasped the dress and sat up abruptly.

“Just leave me alone,” Jimin muttered. Namjoon got a hold on the door knob and pulled the door close slowly.

“Says the one who won’t leave a girl with a syndrome alone,” Jimin glared at the door one last time and sighed. He’s right. Jimin can’t even show you the real him. He wants to be with you always but he can’t help but to lie.

The first time he saw you were when you fainted by the forest with wounded all over your legs. You ran away from home that night without your shoes. Yes, at the night your father trying to you again. Since then, he discovered a small house far from your house so you can live there.

Namjoon have a special ability to see visions of one’s life so he’s quick to know that you have Androphobia. He’s one of those attractive witches who live his entire life with books about magic, sorcery and those unseen creatures.

Jimin wants to protect you but he hated the fact you’ll scared of him. You leave him no choice but to use his ability to change into a woman every night just to meet you and keep you accompany.

From hundreds miles away, a pair of eyes were watching intensely what happening between Jimin and Namjoon just now. With a big grin on his face, he let out a big, evil and ugly laugh with perfect strategy in his mind.

XXXXX

It’s a night without moonlights again.

You walked out from your house and headed to the park. You just kicked the pebbles and gazed around along the way. Sometimes you slightly took bigger steps to avoid the puddles. It’s been raining but now the sky was very clear without dark clouds, confined the sunshine all day.

You came along at the lake. You plumped yourself onto the bench, waiting for Minji. You slid your hands into your coat’s pockets so they can be warmer. The cold breeze just blew off your body, grazed your skin and gave chills till your spine. You threw your gaze far through the fogs, hoping for Minji to show up quicker.

As if she knew you’re waiting, your gaze caught a black shadow emerge through the fogs. You beamed up when you noticed how the figure looks to you. You’re very sure it’s Minji.

No.

You’re wrong.

Your thought was wrong.

You can’t deny the fact that you’re wrong.

It’s your biggest fear. Your biggest fear came.

You breathed rapidly without any sign of slowing down. Cold sweats broke along with thousands of dreadful thoughts flashed one by one through your mind.

“Narysa! What’s wrong? Are you okay?” You gaped in shock. How come this guy knew your name?!

After a long stop, he suddenly moves fast, closing the gap between you and him. You want to run but your legs didn’t cooperate at all. Your entire body freeze and can’t move even an inch.

You looked up and saw the moon for the first time in awhile. The moonlight showered over both of you.

“Narysa, listen,” You pushed him hard and bolted away without looking back.

You jerked to your back when that guy just appeared out of nowhere and stood before you.

He reached out and grabbed you wrist, holding you from running again. You suddenly felt distress on your chest. Dizziness started to attack your head causing you to stumble few steps back.

“Let…. Me… go….” You stuttered between your steep breaths. The guy unwillingly let go of your wrist. You have no strength anymore so you just let your body sank onto the ground. You were trying your best not to lose your conscious because it’s a guy in front of you. You don’t want to take any risk.

You forced your neck muscles to look up on the guy. Blinking few times, you finally got a clear sight of him.

You gasped when a big dark cloud moves towards the moon and hid the moon. You can’t believe your eyes when he turned into a familiar girl.

“Minji…?”

(Few minutes before)

JIMIN’S POV

I carved a smile when I saw her sitting there, waiting for me. My vision was very sharp so I can spot her from afar although the fogs were really thick.

After I got closer to her, I lifted my hands and waved playfully but I froze in place.

What’s wrong with her expression? She looks really shock. Is there anyone else behind me? No way, I can sense any creatures around me.

I sped up, worrying about what’s happening to her. She turned very pale and her body was shaking vigorously. She can’t seem to take her eyes off me.

“Narysa! What’s wrong? Are you okay?” She just stared holes at me with sealed lips. That expression. I never saw it since she saw her father back then.

Wait… No way.

Hoping that the disaster isn’t happening, I looked down. Oh no.

“Jimin, you better run. She saw you,” I heard Namjoon whispered. I looked around and spotted Namjoon standing under one of the trees. His gaze looked very serious.

“What’s happening? Just block the moonlight!” I yelled in frustration. Namjoon then let out a heavy sigh.

“I can’t. Your enemy did this. I can’t block like always,”

“You mean.. V?

“Yes. I don’t know how he discovered about Narysa. I’m sure he’s doing this to make her scared of you. You better go, Jimin. Before she faint or something,” I pursed my lips at the thought of you fainting.

“I won’t go anywhere. I need to tell her and stop her phobia,”

“Are you crazy? You’re not a doctor,”

“I’ll protect her from any bastard in this world even if I need to sacrifice my own body,” I firmly stated and that shut Namjoon up.

“It’s up to you. I’ll try to fix this,” Namjoon then disappeared and I ran to Narysa right away.

YOUR POV

“Minji?” You muttered that name in vain. You can’t believe your eyes. Is this real??

Minji stared onto her feet. Her face was plastered with guilty. Why? Why is this happening? You kept asking that question over and over again.

“I’m…”

“Show me. Show me your true self,”

“But then you’ll-,”

“JUST SHOW ME!”

Minji was totally taken aback at your yell. Unwillingly, she turned back into her real self. Her body became more like a man. Few minutes passed, Minji completely became a man.

“I’m.. Jimin,” Jimin said with low tone. You close your eyes and looked away, gathering your courage. You need to stay calm.

‘Don’t faint, don’t faint, you can do this, Narysa,’ You kept thinking this as your grip was tight, clutching your wavering chest.

Your feet found it own way to the bench. You weakly sat on it, still staring onto the ground. You saw Jimin feet stepping nearer.

“No wonder… No wonder you won’t tell me anything about yourself,” Somehow you felt betrayed.

“Narysa, please, listen to me,” He tried to get a hold on your shoulders but your reflex was faster.

“Don’t touch me. You know what? I’ve been always wondering about you. I always wanted to be someone that you can rely on because for all this time, I relied on you. Whenever I’m trying to touch you, get to know you, you avoided me and disappeared. I know it. I shouldn’t have trust others. I shouldn’t trust anyone in this cruel world,” You let it all out. You didn’t realise that Jimin never meant to hurt you. He just wants to be there for you.

“Narysa, I just want to be friends with you. I know you need someo-,” Jimin was trying his hard to find the perfect way to explain this to you. You cut him off instantly.

“Who are you? I’m asking who are you? WHO ARE YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I’M WANTED IN THIS WORLD? WHO ARE YOU TO MAKE ME CRY?” You looked up, staring right into his eyes. Your pupils were shaking vigorously. Jimin’s eyes widened as he saw tears gushing out from your beautiful eyes.

“Narysa, I love you!” Finally, Jimin said it. You gasped at his confession. You balled your fist while standing up before him.

“But…” You breathed in deeply.

“I’m afraid of you. You heard me? I’m VERY AFRAID OF YOU!” Jimin froze. That word. He hated that word. He can’t accept the fact that that word came out from your lips, the one he wanted to protect the most. He’s hated when someone is afraid of him. It’s not his choise to be born this way.

“If I can, I wanted to erase everything. I want to forget this. Please…” Jimin still kept his lips shut tight. He can’t let out his voice. He just replied you with his gaze, hoping you’ll change your mind.

“Please go. I don’t want to see you again,” As a vampire, he knows he shouldn’t feel this but his heart. He felt like his heart broke into pieces. He loves you but you don’t want to see him. What should he do? As you turned to walk away, Jimin got to grab your wrist.

“Narysa.. I’m not a monster!” Jimin said with all of his heart. You snatched your arm away.

“Then what are you? An angel?” He can’t answer that one. You turned your heels and stepped away, further from your first and last friend.

Jimin looked up only to found you’re already gone beneath the night fog. He suddenly felt an unknown urge from his inside. His eyes drastically turned into bright red. His bright white and sharp fangs that were being hidden for so long revealed. As his nails became longer and sharper, he looked up to the dark sky.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” His shrieking shout echoed throughout the park. Jimin vanished to unknown within seconds, carrying his biggest regret, made you felt afraid of him. Namjoon who’s watching from afar just turned away with heavy heart and disappeared into the forest.

 

[END