{ Chapter I }

My Daes only with Yoo

"All right,  you can do it Yoo Youngjae!  Give 'em a good impression! " Youngjae said to himself in the mirror.  He was wearing a simple oversized pink hoodie with black skinny jeans and a pair of fake round glasses to top it off.  It was the start of a new school year,  and not just any school year,  it was the beginning of high school.  He didn't want a repeat of what happened in middle school,  where he was made fun of and bullied for his looks.  Since then,  he had lost weight and improved his wardrobe selection, thanks to his best friend, Kim Himchan,  who is a diva and a high school sophomore but don't tell Himchan that Youngjae said that he was a diva. 

"Yah Yoo Youngjae!  How long are you gonna take in there! We're gonna be late you know! " Himchan hollered from the living room. 

"Oh please hyung!  You usually take like a million years to get ready,  cut me some slack this time!  It's my first day of high school." Youngjae rolled his eyes. 

Himchan hit Youngjae at the back of his head and grabbed his bag to go.  Youngjae glared at his best friend/hyung and rubbed the spot that was hit and whined while walking out of their shared apartment. "Why'd you hit me so hard hyungg" 

Youngjae nervously went into his classroom and sat down at the middle row in the classroom.  He didn't like to stand out.  He fiddled with his pencil and started to draw the scenery outside the classroom. He always had a habit of drawing when he was nervous to calm himself down. He just continued drawing without paying much attention to his surroundings. 

Daehyun entered the classroom and sat down at the back of the classroom. A figure caught his eye.  A brunette boy sitting next to the window with a mushroom haircut, with full cheeks,  pouty lips and a cute button nose.  The boy seemed to be concentrated with whatever he was doing. Daehyun liked the way the boy pouted his lips while he was concentrating or when he puffed his cheeks when he had to erase a part of whatever the boy was doing. Daehyun was so engrossed in staring at the boy that he didn't notice the teacher walk into the classroom. 

"Alright class, please focus on me now,  no more drawing,  fiddling with phones,  listening to music or staring at your fellow classmate. " Daehyun flushed red at the last words of the teacher and gave the teacher a sheepish look when the teacher gave him a pointed look. " I am Professor Yoon Doo Joon and I am your homeroom teacher for this year,  I'll be also teaching you Human Biology. I don't have very high standards,  as long as you respect me, I'll respect you as well. Easy, right?  Now, since all of you still haven't acquainted yourself with your classmates, I would like you to introduce yourself and state which club you'll like to join.  Now let's start from this side. "

The students started introducing themselves and Daehyun was mainly anticipating the brunette's introduction. 

Finally,  it was the brunette's turn.  Daehyun's ers perked up, prepared to listen closely to him. " Hi my name is Yoo Youngjae,  I wish to join the Art,  Media and Design club.  Please take care of me!" 

Daehyun was stunned.  He was convinced that the brunette has to be an angel.  His voice was so soft and sounded like music to his ears. The way the pink hoodie engulfed the boy's small frame was endearing and made Daehyun just want to wrap his arms around him. Daehyun was lost in his thoughts on hugging the boy and forgot that he had to introduce himself as well. 

"Ahem,  Mr Daydreamer at the back?  Care to introduce yourself? " Professor Yoon snapped out,  annoyed at the constantly daydreaming boy. " Ah yes HAHA I guess I forgot that I had to introduce myself as well.  I'm Jung Daehyun and I wish to join the soccer club. And please don't misunderstand me,  I'm usually not such a daydreamer,  it's just that something caught my eye heh. " Daehyun said sheepishly and sat back down. 

The girls in class giggled at Daehyun's words,  after all,  Daehyun is handsome,  if he was to say so himself.  Youngjae looked at the boy,  taking in his plush lips,  sharp jaw and bright smile and was floored.  How can a guy be so perfect?  With the right amount of bulk and handsome face that any girl would fall for,  Youngjae was envious. No matter how Youngjae worked,  he was always on the smaller side.  But well,  it's life and life is never fair.  Youngjae puffs his cheeks in irritation.  

Without the brunette knowing,  Daehyun saw the cute action and almost died from his cuteness.  How can someone so cute exist?  It has to be illegal,  right?  Daehyun started to get lost in his thoughts again. 

"Excuse me Mr Jung!  Would you please pay attention to me instead of the view outside? " Professor Yoon says while rolling his eyes.  Daehyun snapped out of his thoughts and couldn't help but smile sheepishly again in embarrassment.  " Alright,  so this will be your first assignment of the year. " As if it was cued,  the whole class groaned in unison.  "Stop groaning and listen to what it is first.  So this will be a pair work and you are allowwd to choose anyone from the class as your partner.  Your assignment would be to get to know the other better. And of course it isn't so simple.  You will have to give a presentation of your time together.  That means you will have to take photos together and hang out together.  And then give a short explanation why you went to that place and stuff in that slide itself. Yes that's it.  I will be grading it but I won't tell you what it is based on.  Just take it as a friend making experience and you will truly enjoy it.  That's all for homeroom,  you can head to your next lesson. " Professor Yoon explained. 

Daehyun immediately thought " This is my chance to get to know him better!  I better go ask him now. " Daehyun walked towards Youngjae and stood in front of him, asking,  " Would you like to be my partner Youngjae?  I think it'll be interesting seeing that we both have such different interests., maybe we can find a common ground." 

Youngjae stared up at the blonde,  and blushed slightly. He truly was handsome.  The brunette said softly " I'm okay with that. Hm... What's your next lesson? "

Daehyun mentally cheered and replied " Oh I have Higher level Math next,  what about you?" "Same, can I see your timetable?  I think we might have taken similar courses.  I took the science stream with higher level math,  you? " Youngjae puffed his cheeks at the thought of so many numbers but maybe with Daehyun it might not be so bad.  " Omg I took the same course,  guess we'll be seeing each other often then.  Come on lets walk to the next class or we'll be late,  I've already gotten enough warnings in one homeroom lesson. " Daehyun rolled his eyes and smiled happily. 

The two walked to their next lesson while chatting like old childhood friends. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this is the first chapter! Hope you liked it!  I'll try to update as often as possible please bear with me :')

If you're wondering about their looks in this fic it'll be like more of in the EGO era, I wanted to paste a photo but i couldnt im sorry :'(

do comment and subscribe!  How was my writing?  Was it okay?  Or really messy??  I would appreciate your feedback to improve!