Chapter 3

甘い Rock & Roll

Chapter 3

After Lumière’s performance ended, the band members hung out with Donghae more for a short while, before departing one by one. Kyuhyun left first, having to meet with someone, he said. Siwon left second, going to attend a family dinner. Lastly, Henry left in a haste saying that he need to feed his pet, earning Donghae’s frown of confusion. After he was gone, Hyukjae explained with a laugh that Henry had just adopted a pet hamster a week ago, out of pure impulse to erase his loneliness.

“For some reasons, I could see him doing that,” Donghae commented.

Hyukjae had stuck around, saying he had nothing else to do. So the two of them decided to eat dinner in one of the restaurants around the area.

“Right? As amusing as it was, I’m barely surprised.” Hyukjae pointed at a restaurant. “You fancy some chicken? The chicken they served here are really good,” he offered.

Donghae looked at the huge sign above the shop that read Hong Cup Fried Chicken in big red bold letters, along with a picture of a very delicious looking classic Korean chicken. “Sure. Seeing that makes me feel hungry.”

Hyukjae laughed. “The picture is really inviting.”

They entered the place, taking a seat on the corner of the restaurant. Luckily, the place was quite desolate from patrons, perhaps because it was getting late. The clock showed past nine in the evening. They ordered their food, and it didn’t take long for the dishes to arrive at their table.

“By the way, I haven’t heard that last song from the performance.” Donghae started a conversation while grabbing his chopsticks. “Is it a new song?”

“Mmh.” Unlike Donghae who used his chopsticks to eat with some rice, Hyukjae immediately went for the chicken with his hands, chewing through the skin. “Henry just finished composing it a week ago, and I wrote the lyrics.”

“You wrote the lyrics?” Donghae asked, sounding amazed.

“Not many people know, but I actually wrote a lot of our songs,” Hyukjae chuckled. “Henry composed almost all of our songs, and sometimes also wrote the lyrics. But the other half of the time I was the one writing them, or Siwon too, occasionally.”

“Really?” The admiration was thick in Donghae’s voice. “That last song is really beautiful! The lyrics are also meaningful.”

“Thank you.” Hyukjae smiled. “And yes, Siwon and I wrote songs too. Kyuhyun is basically free-riding,” he added as a joke.

“He never write songs?”

“Never.” Hyukjae confirmed. And then he dropped the chicken he was eating back to the plate. He relaxed his shoulders, drooping into a slouching position that Kyuhyun was often in. Then, he mimicked with a voice that sounded like a scarily accurate impersonation of the brown haired vocalist. “It’s not my fault that I couldn’t write cheesy words.”

Donghae bursted out laughing. “You’re really spot on!”

“It’s one of my secret talent,” Hyukjae chuckled and picked his chicken back up. “But yeah, Kyuhyun never really write any song. At least, not a full song. Sometimes he gives us small inputs here and there, and that’s about it.”

“I think fans never really know who write what song since you guys never talked about it,” Donghae concluded, chopstick poised forward to make a point as he talked, after mixing chicken sauce with rice. “Weirdly, I never really see anyone asking either. This whole month I thought that all of Lumière’s songs are Henry-ssi’s work.”

“Fans aren’t really interested in stuffs like that.” Hyukjae shrugged.

“Why not? I think this is really interesting.”

“Most fans don’t really care about details like that. As long as the song sounded good, it will be enough for them. They are more interested in our personal rumors.” Hyukjae explained without any hint of disappointment—in fact, he looked kind of used to it.

Donghae stared in confusion. “Maybe I’m just a weird fan, then. Although I can’t deny that some rumors sound very amusing. Especially Siwon-ssi’s rumors.”

Hyukjae barked a laugh. “Siwon’s rumors are indeed the greatest. They make it sound like a cliché Korean romance drama. But to be fair, a lot of those rumors are actually quite accurate. He is kind of a modern day prince.” Hyukjae winked playfully. “It’s a secret, though. Don’t let them know, or Siwon might be troubled.”

“My mouth is sealed.” Donghae mimicked locking his mouth and throwing the key away, earning Hyukjae’s smile. “The information is safe with me.”

Donghae didn’t know how or when exactly that they got this comfortable. Probably it was because of the restaurant’s homey atmosphere, or the fact that they’re sharing a huge dish of sweet and spicy chicken. In any case, he was glad. With them acting more like friends rather than acquaintances now, he could also control his expression better and not flush at every little thing Hyukjae was doing.

It was almost touching how Hyukjae trusted him so much. Again, he couldn’t help but wonder if Hyukjae does this a lot. If he is always this easy going with his dates, or if he talks like this with them. The rumor came to his mind once again, and although Kyuhyun had confirmed it earlier, Donghae had the sudden urge to ask about it directly to the man in front of him. Not able to hold back, he blurted the question out.

“How about you? Are the rumors about you also true?”

Hyukjae took a second from deboning a chicken leg to look at him. “Hm?”

“The rumor that said that you’ll date anyone who confess to you.”

Donghae didn’t know where the sudden courage came from. But perhaps, perhaps it had came from a feeling of genuine curiosity for the person he’s interested in.

Up on the stage, Hyukjae looked so captivating. When he played the drum with passion, drowning in his own beats—he looked so charismatic. Donghae loved it—he loved how Hyukjae looked like he loved playing the drum, serious yet enjoying it at the same time.

However, outside the stage, Hyukjae is honestly different from what Donghae had thought he would be. The drummer is a lot kinder. He isn’t a cold person, not at all. Not an ounce of a cold hearted playboy can be seen. On the contrary, he’s very friendly and a bit playful, with a charming sense of humor that doesn’t hurt anyone.

And because of that, Donghae likes him even more.

“That’s one way to put it,” Hyukjae answered. His expression changed, a lot more apathetic than before. It’s as if he was looking towards sometime far, floating in his own thoughts. “That rumor isn’t wrong. I really do date anyone that asks me.”

Why?

Donghae wanted to ask, but seeing that expression he suddenly felt the distance creeping back between them. He felt like he had no right to ask about it. Hyukjae clearly got his own reasons, and Donghae had no idea if that reason was something that could be told easily to other people.

The drummer seemed to realize the change of tension, and tried to melt it with a small smile. To fill in the short silence, he went back to his food. Donghae watched him for a few seconds. The man intrigued him, and the nagging feeling wouldn’t settle if he left the topic like this.

And so,

“If that’s the case … If I confess to you right now, will you also accept me?”

Donghae saw how Hyukjae choked on a piece of chicken that he was eating. The drummer quickly grabbed his own glass of water, chugging it down and wiping the excess trailing by his lips. After he stopped coughing, he stared at Donghae with his single-lidded eyes widening in shock.

“H-huh?”

“I like you, Hyukjae-ssi,” Donghae uttered seriously, and Hyukjae’s eyes widened even more. “I really like you.”

“Y-you– Huh?”

Hyukjae looked so lost and confused. Donghae smiled lightly, however the shyness slowly started creeping back in. Donghae had to admit, he is a straight forward person. But that doesn’t mean that he won’t feel shy. He still feel embarrassed sometimes, even after a show of courage.

Before his cheeks could redden, Donghae averted his eyes. “But! You don’t need to answer that now. Besides, personally I don’t feel like it’s right to immediately jump into a relationship with someone you barely know.”

“… Donghae-ssi, you’re being serious?” Hyukjae still seemed to have a hard time believing.

Donghae definitely felt his cheeks reddening now. “Mm, I’m completely serious. Sorry if I shocked you, or scared you, even. Is this … the first time that you receive a confession from a guy?”

“Oh,” Hyukjae mumbled to himself, as if just finished processing in his brain that Donghae did really confess to him. “Oh … y-yes. This is the first time …”

An awkward silence ensued, and Donghae started to regret his actions.

Maybe I really wasn’t supposed to say anything?

Is it too late now If I take my words back—

“N-not that it is a bad thing!” Hyukjae suddenly spoke with a slightly louder voice, still very unstable. He rubbed the back of his nape nervously, staring back at Donghae with a hint of embarrassment. “It’s just that, it’s so sudden and I don’t know how to react. I’m sorry.”

Donghae smiled lightly, the tension leaving his body. Hyukjae’s honest reaction felt relieving. “But Hyukjae-ssi, aren’t you used to receiving confessions say, every two weeks?”

“I am. But like, I am not completely unprepared, you know? I can tell whenever someone intends to confess to me, yet I really didn’t see this one coming. A-and I never dated a guy before, so I really don’t know how stuffs like these … work?” His voice was full of hesitance, not even knowing what to say. “I-it’s new …”

Hyukjae surprisingly reacted to his confession far better than Donghae had predicted he would. Before meeting him, Donghae had concluded that the drummer probably wasn’t interested in men—since his long track record were filled with only countless women. Actually, Donghae had kind of given up on him. But now, it changed after meeting Hyukjae and knowing him personally—the man was far better than he had guessed. He is charming and genuinely sweet, it ignited the flames of hope that was almost gone. The doused out fire was relit once again, burning brighter than ever before.

Hyukjae’s panicked reaction was out of genuine shock, but not a single judgement towards Donghae liking him. It was more like he had a hard time comprehending the fact that Donghae indeed liked him, rather than being appalled by the idea of Donghae liking him. That Hyukjae was curious, and actually wanted to know why and how.

That Hyukjae was not ruling out any possibilities.

“I know what you mean,” Donghae answered, voice relaxed and soothing. If he wanted to make Hyukjae comfortable, he needed to be comfortable himself first. “I’m glad that you’re at least not completely opposed to the idea. Like I said, I personally don’t feel that it’s right to immediately jump into a relationship with someone you barely know. So if you will allow me …”

Donghae could hear his own heart beats. “… Let me learn about you a bit more? Maybe you can learn about me more too. And if it makes you uncomfortable, you can just treat me like a friend. Don’t think too much of my confession for now, but please don’t forget about it too.”

For a second, Hyukjae stayed silent. Donghae felt his heart beating even louder, echoing in his chest. The several seconds felt like hours, and Donghae stared into Hyukjae’s eyes with a hint of anticipation and fear. However, that wasn’t all. He was also anxious, hopeful, excited, and many more. The feelings probably could be seen reflected in his brown eyes, because he noticed how Hyukjae seemingly catching it, being overwhelmed.

Yet oddly, the pair of single-lidded eyes softened, and a small sincere smile graced the plump lips.

“Sounds … good.”

 

.::~*~::.

 

To say that things immediately went back to how it was before would be a lie.

There were some awkwardness—very thick awkwardness—but thankfully it melted slowly as more chickens were consumed. The beer they had ordered a few minutes after that had probably helped too. Donghae was never a good drinker, so he only took small sips out of his glass. On the contrary, Hyukjae was, finishing the rest without a problem—plus his own. Yet he impressively managed to stay completely sober too. The beer relaxed them a lot, but not enough to get them tipsy.

Conversation went back to a light-hearted one, talking about everything and also nothing at the same time. By the end of dinner, Hyukjae had kindly offered to swap numbers, and Donghae was very grateful for the gesture. It meant that Hyukjae had wanted to keep in touch, that he was seriously taking in his words from before of getting to know each other. So they did, and Donghae tried to supress a blush when Hyukjae’s slender fingers brushed his as he took the phone out of his hand.

They chat a little via kakaotalk that night, just before Donghae went to bed. And a little the morning after, joking about non-existent hangovers. But for the next few days they didn’t really chat all that much. Donghae realized that texting too much would probably be pushing it. Besides, he had told Hyukjae to treat him like a friend. When Monday rolled and there was no contact, Donghae just shrugged. Besides, he himself was also busy with college.

Wednesday came, and he managed to squeeze in some time to watch Lumière’s performance. Although he needed to immediately scamper back home shortly after the performance finished because he got assignments to be done. He did get to wave at the members before he left when they saw him, though.

Thursday, his phone rang, but not from Hyukjae. Donghae lifted his brow in confusion as the phone screen showed his cousin’s name.

Turned out, Amber wanted to pay him another short visit. He told her that he’ll pick her up at the train station the next day, on Friday early afternoon. Luckily, he only had one morning class so picking her up would be perfect timing.

So another Friday finally came by. Donghae was on his way to pick up Amber—campus bag still slung on his back—when his phone vibrated in his pocket, signaling a new message. He checked, and smiled upon seeing Hyukjae’s kakaotalk name on display. But then he tilted his head in confusion when seeing the message.

 

Hey, are you free?

 

Donghae stared at the text a little bit longer. Was Hyukjae going to ask him to hang out? Because he didn’t see any other direction the text could go. But he was going to pick Amber up so …

 

Yes, but also not really? :c

I’m picking up my cousin from the train station

 

The same cousin that told you about us?

 

Yes. Why??

 

The guys and I are going for lunch.Wanna come along? You can bring your cousin, Henry would definitely appreciate it :)

 

Donghae’s eyes lit up at the offer.

 

Sure!! ^^

What time?

 

Depends. How fast can you get to Hongdae? ㅋㅋ

 

I’m almost at the train station! It’ll take about half an hour from there?

 

Okay half an hour it is :D

 

Donghae grinned widely. He should probably ask Amber’s approval for it first, or at least tell her the plan rather than just dragging her along as soon as she arrived.

But where’s the fun in that?

 

.::~*~::.

 

“Donghae-oppa? This isn’t the route to your apartment?”

Amber wasn’t ignorant—unlike himself—so she immediately noticed that something was off when they took the Gyeongui-Jungang subway line, and not the one towards Donghae’s apartment.

“We’re going for lunch,” Donghae replied simply, trying to look as apathetic as possible, fighting the grin that threatened to show.

“Now?” Amber stared at him indignantly. “But I still have my luggage! Can’t we drop it off at your apartment first at least?”

Indeed, Amber was planning to stay for the weekend so she had a luggage with her. Granted, it wasn’t a suitcase. But even with her simple outfits, the duffel bag still fit four days of clothing and other necessities, so it was kind of big and heavy.

“Going back and forth takes too much time.” Knowing that he couldn’t possibly give any plausible excuse, Donghae decided to say a bit of truth, at least. “We have people waiting for us.”

The stare he received was one of pure confusion. “Huh? Who? You’re taking me to have lunch with your friends?”

“Yup!”

Luckily, Amber didn’t get to ask more questions because the subway stopped at a particularly crowded station. A rush of people came pouring in for the lunch hour, and they were squeezed in, now too difficult to continue talking. Donghae could still feel Amber’s sharp calculating gaze on his side and could only hum to himself in glee.

She definitely had caught on that he was planning something fishy.

He was never good at faking his plotting expression anyway.

Fifteen minutes later, they arrived at Hongik Daehakgyo station. Donghae stepped out of the subway followed by a grumpy Amber. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted Hyukjae. The drummer quickly replied him with the name of the restaurant and some general direction. Apparently they were already there.

It wasn’t hard to find—it was near the chicken restaurant Donghae and Hyukjae visited a week prior. The place was a classic all you can eat barbeque buffet cleverly named Meat-ing. Donghae entered the place and looked around, smiling slightly at the waiter that greeted their arrival. The smell of food seemed to lift Amber’s mood a little, because Donghae noticed how she wasn’t frowning anymore and had her gaze fixed on menu board instead.

“Where are they …” Donghae mumbled to himself.

“Donghae-ssi!”

Donghae perked up at the call of his name, and found Hyukjae waving him over with a friendly smile. The group was seated on the right side of the quite crowded restaurant. He grinned and nodded at Hyukjae before turning back to Amber.

When he did look at her face though, he stifled a laugh.

“Is that–” She seemed to have finally noticed the group of people they would soon be approaching.

“Staring is rude, you know,” Donghae teased lightly.

It seemed to snap her back to the present time. She looked at Donghae in disbelief and confusion, but Donghae just shrugged lightly with a—fake—innocent smile. Amber gave up and sighed, glaring at him as if saying, I’ll let you off for now but you need to explain it later.

“Oh, hey, Donghae-hyung!”

Henry, the blond keyboardist and Amber’s crush greeted him as soon as they arrived at the table. To be honest, Donghae wasn’t sure when the boy had started dropping the formal name addressing, but then again he probably never used it in the first place.

“Hi,” Donghae greeted back.

“Good to see you again, Donghae-ssi,” Siwon greeted warmly.

Kyuhyun lifted his head that was previously staring at his phone to send him a small smile and a nod as a greeting.

“I hope we’re not intruding.”

“Nonsense,” Hyukjae waved his hand. “I wouldn’t invite you if we don’t want you here. Come on, take a seat.” Hyukjae patted the empty seat nearest to him.

The group was sitting on a two square table, with exactly six seats surrounding it. Kyuhyun and Siwon sat on one side, Henry sitting on one end of the table by Siwon’s side, while Hyukjae sitting on the other end by Kyuhyun’s side. Donghae sat on the seat Hyukjae had offered, which was also across Kyuhyun’s. Meanwhile, Amber hesitantly took the seat next to him, which was across Siwon’s and near Henry’s.

“This is Amber, my cousin that I told you about before.” Donghae gestured at Amber who just finished settling her bag beneath her seat. He teasingly glanced at her. “Amber, I would introduce them to you too, but you know them already.”

Amber grumbled and elbowed him not-so-discreetly as a retaliation. “Hello, I’m Amber, the one who got dragged here without any explanation. But it’s really, really nice to meet you all. I’ve been a fan for quite a long time.” Her expression gradually brightened as she spoke.

Donghae chuckled, and Hyukjae looked at him in amusement. “You didn’t tell her?”

“Where’s the fun in that?” he replied playfully.

Kyuhyun lifted his brows, smirking a little. “I approve your way of doing things.”

“You guys are too mean to a lady,” Siwon interjected with a small shake of his head. “Amber-ssi, right? Thank you for being our fan. Also, I hope you both don’t mind that we ordered food in advance.” Siwon was polite as always.

“Oh, it’s okay! In fact, it’s good because I’m getting really hungry after a long train ride,” Amber replied cheerfully, already picking up a pair of chopsticks.

“So, Amber, Donghae-hyung told me that you’re from Taiwan?” Henry smoothly started a conversation with her.

Donghae watched in satisfaction from the corner of his eyes as the two started chatting. It seemed like he didn’t need to do anything after all. Henry wasn’t one to act shy. Although surprisingly, he was being way more normal and demure. At least, Donghae was glad that Henry didn’t just say something completely shameless like, so I heard that you had a crush on me?

They started grilling the slices of meat, all the while chatting amongst themselves. Henry and Amber seemed to start sharing life stories, with Siwon occasionally chiming in. Donghae also fell into a comfortable chat with Hyukjae, talking about basic stuffs that had been happening this past week. Kyuhyun was the most silent, seemingly engrossed in enjoying his own food.

It was about halfway through the meal when Donghae started noticing the lack of seafood—his favorite dish. No plates between him and Hyukjae, or him and Amber got any.

“Do we have any seafood?” He asked.

“You want some seafood? I don’t eat them so …” Hyukjae straightened up in his seat to looked around the restaurant, as if looking for any waiter to order.

“Here, you can have some of mine.” Kyuhyun who had been silent suddenly spoke up, sliding a plate of shrimp that had been laid next to him on the further side of the table closer to Donghae. “I ordered too much anyway,” he stated flatly and nonchalantly.

“Oh! Thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi!”

Hyukjae glanced at the interaction, and then sat back down in his chair. Donghae was accepting the offered plate and smiled thankfully at Kyuhyun. He watched with a rather blank gaze, before looking away and turning back to his own plate of food. He had a thought that he would be ignored soon.

“You don’t eat seafood?”

Donghae felt slight confusion when Hyukjae blinked in surprise at his question. The drummer lifted his gaze up from his food and looked at him with a hint of shock and confusion in his single-lidded eyes.

“H-huh?”

Donghae tilted his head. Why was Hyukjae confused of such a simple question? “You said that you don’t eat seafood? Why?”

Hyukjae looked at Donghae a bit more, before snapping back out of his thoughts. “O-oh. Yeah, I don’t eat seafood. I used to be allergic when I was little. The allergy eventually went away but somehow the distaste never went away. I guess the way I grew up without eating any had subconsciously stayed.”

“That’s really too bad. Seafood is really delicious!” Donghae spoke with genuine pity, his thin lips pursing slightly.

It made Hyukjae chuckle, the corner of his eyes crinkling in delight seeing his expression. “I take it that you like seafood?” Hyukjae guessed.

“Like it? I love it! It’s my favorite food.” Donghae gobled up a whole shrimp. “You’re missing out on the best taste in the world! You should learn eating it. I promise you won’t regret it!”

“Best taste in the world, huh?” Hyukjae was very amused. “You seem to be pretty persistent in making me like it.”

The toothless smile Donghae sent was genuine and endearing. “Well, it would be nice if you like more of the same things I do. Then we can enjoy it together, right?”

Donghae kept his smile as he stared into Hyukjae’s single-lidded eyes. A faint blush threatening to creep up his face, but he couldn’t take his gaze away. There was an odd look in Hyukjae’s eyes—like he was reading him. And yet, when his mind told him that he should probably be more discreet about his own growing feelings, seeing Hyukjae like that only wanted to make him show it more.

There was a sense of accomplishment when he noticed how Hyukjae relaxed, the tension the drummer felt—which Donghae couldn’t understood why—that popped up out of the blue a while ago, disappearing.

Hyukjae slowly reached out to take a shrimp from Donghae’s plate.

“… Yeah,” his voice was soft. Hyukjae took the shrimp into his mouth, chewing slowly. He looked at Donghae and smiled. “It would be nice, indeed.”

Donghae smiled brightly, then asking questions if it tasted okay, making Hyukjae chuckle. Donghae started talking about more seafood that Hyukjae should try, and the drummer listened attentively.

Kyuhyun watched in silence, satisfied when he noticed Hyukjae’s genuine smile, single-lidded eyes gazing at Donghae with gradually growing acceptance.

 

.::~*~::.

 

The day went by very quickly in Donghae’s perspective, but he figured that it was probably because he had been enjoying it so much.

After lunch, the group spent time going around Hongdae, just having fun with everything. At one point, Donghae noticed how Henry was carrying Amber’s duffel bag for her even as they playfully bicker.

When evening came by, they went to the square, since the band still needed to perform for the day—it was Friday after all. Donghae and Amber managed to snag a nice spot in front of the stage to watch them, cheering along with the crowd.

Midway through the third song, Hyukjae had caught Donghae watching him—as he always did—and graced a small smile for him.

Donghae’s heart skipped a beat from that.

Donghae knew he had told Hyukjae to just take it slow. That while they get to know each other, Hyukjae was allowed to just see him as a friend. But frankly, it was hard on his part.

Because he couldn’t do the same. He really likes Hyukjae. A part of him also brimmed with hope that Hyukjae probably likes him too, at least to some extent. Because after all, Hyukjae didn’t chose to receive any confession ever since they met a week ago, right? That should have meant something.

Every moment spent interacting with him only making the feelings grow. And he wanted more of it. He wanted to talk to Hyukjae more, even more than they had today. He wanted time just for the two of them to really get to know each other.

He wondered if it would be okay for Hyukjae?

After Lumière’s performance, the members went down the stage and they met somewhere near the back. Kyuhyun rushed away after saying his goodbyes, and Siwon seemed to be busy with his own phone, trying to contact someone. Henry pulled Amber to the side, asking to swap numbers. Apparently the two of them really hit it off nicely, and Donghae felt happy for Amber too, who couldn’t seem to stop smiling.

Now, he should probably do something for himself.

“… Hyukjae-ssi?” Donghae called out softly, making sure Henry and Amber were some distance away and won’t hear his voice.

“Hm?” Hyukjae hummed, his eyes still gazing at the stage.

“I … really enjoyed hanging out with you guys today,” Donghae started.

That made Hyukjae turn to look at him. The drummer smiled warmly. “Me too. I really like hanging around with you too.”

“I-if you enjoyed it too …” Donghae took a deep breath. “C-can we hang out more? I wanted to talk to you more.”

“Sure,” Hyukjae shrugged, seemingly still not catching the real meaning. “Next Wednesday, the band will have practice before performing so–”

“Just the two of us.”

That finally got Hyukjae’s understanding. He paused, single-lidded eyes widening in surprise. He looked at Donghae’s brown eyes, filled with hope and slight fear of rejection. Yet, it looked beautiful.

“I mean … I want to hang out with you, only. Talk to you more,” Donghae clarified, voice steady once again.

A faint dust of pink creept up Hyukjae’s cheeks from the straight forwardness, making him avert his gaze. However, he couldn’t deny that the offer sounded good. After spending the day together, he was also intrigued by the brunet. He wanted to know more.

“… Sure,” Hyukjae replied, voice way softer than before.

But that was enough, and Donghae could feel the relief as he smiled widely.

He finally got a date with Hyukjae.

 

 


Fun fact: all the restaurants used in this chapter are real places. Courtesy to Google, though. Never been to South Korea hahasobs

Also, if there's anyone who also read the Indonesian version of this fic, you might notice that I added what is basically a new part in this chapter. This chapter became far longer compared to the Indonesian counter-part. It's because I wanted to give more context and, well, story to the characters. The Indonesian version was actually cut short in writting because of the word limit, and here I would like to make the story /make more sense/ by filling in the gaps.

I hope with this addition, especially on Hyukjae's subtle actions, it will give more of an insight around his character later on. :)

Comments will be very appreciated! (or drop some on twitter is fine too). Thank you guys <3

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D