By Instict

Instinctively

Big 3 Academy was divided into 3 divisions, YG, SM and JYP. While the other divisions held tour outside the academy quite frequently, it's a rarely occurrence in YG. Leading it to be renowned as "The Dungeon". The 3 divisions only gather together twice every year at the start of each semester. Hence, most of the students barely interact with other students from other division. That's why Seungyoon first saw Wendy only when they are already in their second year. This does not close the possibility the students from each division to get close to each other though. The members of Blackpink, the cheerleader club from YG, are rumored to be close with the members of Red Velvet, the girl's choir from SM. But it's a rare case. 

When Seungyoon was at the end of his first year of high school, he was elected as the Student Council President replacing Suho sunbaenim. His responsibility makes him frequently go to all divisions of Big 3 Academy. He was going to SM when he saw a girl standing in front of the cherry blossom tree. When he was passing the same place to return to YG, he saw the same girl was still standing in front of the tree. He was wondering what she can see in that tree.

Is she admiring the cherry blossom? 

But then he saw the girl imitating a bird's voices and try to communicate with the birds on the tree.

Ah, so she's watching the birds? 

The scene in front of him intrigues him, particularly the girl's expression.

She's just watching birds on cherry blossom tree but why her expression make it looks like she's watching something so beautiful & precious?

It make Seungyoon wonders what the world would looks like through her eyes. She gives him an impression of a bright and positive person.

It's not until a month after that when Seungyoon finally met the-girl-in-front- the-cherry-blossom-tree face to face. He came to SM to check on Red Velvet's practice since they will represent Big 3 Academy in the annual choir competition. And then he saw her. The girl with long wavy hair, cute chubby cheeks, skin as pale as snow and lips as pink as cherry blossom. When she started singing, there's shiver running through his spine. He couldn't take his eyes off. He doesn't know why it feels like he want to hear that voice forever & why he has an urge to know her various expressions.

What will she looked like when she's angry? When she's pouting? When she's laughing? What will she looked like if I ?  He wants to know it all. And then he realize, instinctively, maybe she's the special someone that he's been looking for.


 

Wendy feels like she's going crazy.

When she arrived in front of the festival gate with her bestfriend, she saw WINNER in the list of performers on the banner. They're going to be the opening act of the festival which has several performers, including GFRIEND, Hyukoh, FTISLAND, BTOB, B1A4, Apink, EXID and Highlight. 

She want to watch them all but at the same time her legs are shaking. She doesn't know whether it's from fear or excitement. She remember what happened several days ago. How Kang Seungyoon and how she feels so stupid for thinking that handsome boy is interested with her. What if this is also just one of his game? Wendy review her life choices and feels like she want to back out.

"I think it's better if I don't come. Seulgi, let's go home."

Kang Seulgi grab Wendy's arm and stop her.

"Wait, Wendy. We're already here. So why not just go and watch the performance? Moreover, I'm curious", Seulgi winked at Wendy, "Ah, I also want to have a handsome boy confessing out of the blue to me."

Wendy gave a nudge with her elbow to Seulgi whom let outs a small laugh seeing her friend blushed.

"C'mon! What are you hesitating for?"

Wendy plays with her black coat then sighed, "What if he's just messing with me?"

Seulgi hugs her friend. "I'll punch him for you if that's the case. But from what I saw about him, Seungyoon is a serious boy. I think he's sincere. If he's not sincere, he would have take advantage of you that time. Don't you think so?"

Wendy still has her doubt but she enter anyway. They checked the time when Seungyoon will perform with his band and the location of the stage. There's still a lot of time so they decide to look around. There's a lot of foods and game corners in the festival and they're fully enjoying it. She saw a doll-grabbing crane games. There's a Snorlax plushie inside of it and she automatically remember Seungyoon. 

It was at the end of their second year of high school when Big 3 Academy held their annual school festival. There's also a doll-grabbing crane games at that time & she remembers she saw Seungyoon work really hard to get a Snorlax toy. He failed though. He keep trying to get the Snorlax, but at the end he must leave the game because of his responsibility to supervise the school festival. He's the student council president after all. She remember finds him cute at that time.This time, she decide to play and aimed for the Snorlax plush toy but failed several times. Seulgi is smiling as she watch her bestfriend do her best.

Who am I kidding? I always had very bad luck in terms of winning games. I'm not Irene unnie who really excel in this and always lucky. By the way, why did I even try so hard to win that Snorlax plushieWhat for?  Wendy is questioning herself. She almost decide to give up when luckily she win a puppy plush toy in the end. Winning is a rare occurrence for her so she's happy.

Without both pretty girls realize, time passed by quickly. It's almost time so they're hurriedly go to the stage where the music performance will be held.

When it's Seungyoon's turn to performed, Wendy feel her heart pounded. He comes out to the stage wearing a hat and a leather jacket, channeling a rock star aura.

"Guess who's back, we are WINNER! Hello everyone, I'm WINNER's leader and vocalist, Kang Seungyoon! We're really happy to perform in this festival."

"Hello everyone, I'm WINNER's drummer, Kim Jinwoo!"

"Hello, I'm WINNER's guitarist, 25 years old single, Lee Seunghoon! Let's make tonight a night to remember!"

"Hi, I'm WINNER's bassist, Song Mino. I'm really happy to spend the last day of 2017 with you guys."

Seulgi commented, "Our Student Council President is indeed so handsome. He's the vocalist but he also play guitar! The prettiest one is surprisingly the drummer! I think I know all of the other members too. Song Mino from YG's drawing club and Lee Seunghoon from YG's dance club! I don't know they formed a band together!"

Wendy lost in her thought that she didn't really hear what Seulgi said, immersing herself in the music and Seungyoon's voice. I didn't know Seungyoon can sing this well. The title of the song is "Different" and she can't help to think whoever wrote that song is a bad boy. The audiences are clapping loudly after the first song. 

Seungyoon declared, "The next song is a song that I dedicated to a particular girl that attracted my attention."

Wendy's heart is threatening to burst forth from her ribcage. Seulgi screamed then teased Wendy who blushed furiously.

"It's a cover of Yong Jongshin sunbaenim's song, 'Instinctively'. Please listen to it."

The audiences are cheering. Seungyoon started to sing while playing his guitar.

~~I felt it instinctively
that you will be my lover.
I can’t forget the shiver that went through me,
the first time I laid my eyes on you.
Oh-oh-oh

I don’t know whether you’re a good person.
I’m just madly attracted.
Even if it might be a hasty conclusion,
It seems like it’s love.
Oh-oh-oh

I will believe her, whom I have chosen,
That night that I had chosen.
Whether it will be the greatest love of my life,
Or the beginning of a crazy love…
We could only find out after we try it.
Shall we begin our love now?
Oh-oh-oh~~

Wendy drowned in his voice, his looks, his expression. That smug smirked that she hates but secretly loves. They've been in the same academy for almost 3 years, they've known each other for almost 2 years. Although they barely interact and only greet each other in the rarely occasion where they meet. Wendy always think Seungyoon is handsome but she never even dream he might have a feeling for her. She can't concentrate to the throughout the rest of other group's performance in the festival. Wendy lost in her thought when she felt a vibration in her bag. She open her phone and there is 1 new message.

Anonim:

Wendy, it's Seungyoon. 

Wendy's heart stops for a moment. 

Wendy:

How could you know my number?

Anonim:

Silly question. It's a simple task for me to obtain it.

Wendy:

So, why you text me?

Anonim:

Please meet me in front of Nasi Goreng stall in the festival ground. 

Wendy:

And if I don't want to? I come here with a friend & I don't want to leave her alone.

Anonim:

I know that you'll come. It's just for a moment, it won't take a long time. I'll be waiting.

 

Wendy excuse herself to Seulgi who give her a knowing look. She search for the Nasi Goreng stall using the festival map & there he is. Still wearing his outfit for the performance. Up close, he looks even more handsome. Wendy's heart throbbing in anticipation.

"So, what do you want?"

"You know what I want", Seungyoon remarks innocently.

"What do you mean with that? Please speak clearly. Don't make people misunderstand".

He replied, "I sing a song for you in front of thousands people today, I thought I've already make myself clear", 

Seungyoon concluded, "It's still not clearly enough for you? Alright then." He clear his throat.

"Son Seungwan...." Wendy surprised when he uttered her name.

"I have thought about you for a long time and conclude that what I feel for you is love. Would you going out with me? Be my girlfriend."

Wendy bite her lower lips for a moment, she doesn't know how to answer. She want to say "yes", but at the same time she's still unsure because she don't know much about Seungyoon. Then she take out something from her bag. It's the puppy plushie that she won earlier and she give it to Seungyoon.

"It's not a Snorlax, but it's pretty cute too." Like you. Wendy want to add that but too shy to speak.

Seungyoon look at the puppy plushie then turn his gaze to Wendy. "Is this your way to say 'yes'?"

Wendy took out the plushie from Seungyoon's hand. "If you don't want it, it's fine."

"No. I love it! Thank you Wendy." Seungyoon inquired, "So, does it means you agree to going out with me?"

Wendy slowly nodded. He give her a big smile. "Then, should we finish our pending kiss from last week?"

"Wait, wait. Don't go too fast. I'm not ready yet. Moreover, we're in public place now."

"Does it mean you will let me kiss you if we're not in public place?"

Wendy flustered, "That's not what I mean!"

Seungyoon laughed and it irks Wendy.

"Why do you like to teased me so mu..." Before she could finish her sentence, he placed his hands on the back of her neck and crashed his lips to her. He relished the sensation of her soft and warm lips. The firm pressure from the kiss made their heartbeat racing. 

Seungyoon abruptly stop when Wendy feels like she wants more. He says teasingly, "Ah, I forget. You don't like it in public place, right?"

Wendy want to curse him, but decide to not say anything.

Seungyoon act like he surprised, "Don't tell me... you regret that it's too short?"

Wendy pouted, "If you talk more, I swear I'll punch you."

''You mean, you'll punch me... with your lips?"

Wendy tempts to makes a dive for Seungyoon’s neck, but she punch his shoulder instead.

"Aww... It hurts. I never know you will regret that short kiss so much. I really should kiss you longer."

"The only thing I regret right now is my life's choices. Why do I even agree to be your girlfriend?"

"Because I'm y?"

Wendy rolled her eyes, "whatever make you sleep better at night."

Seungyoon smile. "You are so cute when you're mad at me."

“There’s really something wrong with your head.”

“You're not honest. You actually think I'm y, right?”

“I’m not!”

Suddenly there's fireworks everywhere. 

Wendy looked at the sky with awe, "It's already new year!!"

"The fireworks are so pretty!!" She then realized that she has left Seulgi for quite a long time. "Uh oh. I think I need to go back. Seulgi will be lonely."

Before she went, Seungyoon grasp her right hand. 

"Happy new year, Wendy!"

He tilted his head and move forward to kiss her. This time, it's longer. Wendy have a feeling she would never forget this new year.