Unexpected Turns of Events

Instinctively

When Wendy went to her part-time work this Sunday morning, she has no idea she will had this unexpected encounter.

Everything seems to go as usual. She ride the train to her work place, then put her black and white maid costume in the changing room as usual. It's a bit skimpy but she also wear long black stockings so it's not as revealing while still y. Next, she put her hair band. She usually use her normal white maid hair band but their boss instructed them to wear bunny ears headband from Christmas till New Year.  She doesn't really like it, but it looks cute on her so she doesn't complain. After she's done with her costume and make-up, she went to the cafe and start welcoming customer.

"Good morning, master. Please come in and have a seat!"  

Everything went as usual, until a tall boy in black shirt and plaid brown trench coat comes in. The boy's height is at least 178 cm that Wendy's head is only as high as his shoulder. A pair of almond-shaped eyes stare at her through his spectacles. She feels like she had seen this handsome boy before then a realization hit her. Oh .

"Oh.."

The other party seems equally surprised.

Wendy try to calmly analyze her situation.

First, Kang Seungyoon - tall, smart and handsome student council president of Big 3 Academy- is in front of her now.

Second, he found her in JJ Republique - a maid cafe that is quite far from their school and usually only visited by otaku. How the hell Kang Seungyoon - yeah, that tall, smart and handsome student council president of Big 3 Academy - suddenly here is beyond her understanding. 

Third, all student of Big 3 Academy are prohibited from working part-time. Not to mention all of her classmate will laugh at her if they know she's working as a maid in a maid cafe.

Calm down, Wendy. Calm down. You're in a different division from him. He's in YG while you're in SM. Not to mention now you wear make-up which different from when you're in school. He might not recognize you. Act normal. Act normal.

Wendy quickly greeted him as she usually greeted the customer, "Good morning, master."  

Seungyoon looked keenly at her. “…Wendy, are you working here?”

Her heart sank. So, he recognize her. Dammit.

“I-I’m not!”

"Then, what are you doing here wearing that maid costume and bunny ears?"

Wendy didn't know how to reply him. Tchh.. What should I say?

She put her left hand in her head, scratching her scalp which didn't itchy. "A ha ha ha. You have found me out." 

Wendy tried to act cute in front of him but Seungyoon keep his face straight. 

"This is not good, Wendy. You know that we are prohibited from working part-time, right?"

She lets out a sigh then grab Seungyoon's wrist and drag him across the cafe to the employee room.

"Let's talk somewhere more private."

She closed the door then faces the handsome boy in front of her. While put her palms together, Wendy look at Seungyoon with glistening eyes.

"Seungyoon, please don't say anything to anyone. I'll be so embarrassed if my friends know that I work here. Don't report it to the school too. I need to work part time because I have a situation. Please".

When he heard his schoolmate's plea, Seungyoon was smiling. A charming smile that somehow make Wendy's heart do a somersault. 

His smile is so lovely. No wonder he's so popular in school. He's famous as the oppa and noona collector after all. What's his secret to have such beautiful smile? Because his teeth? Because his lips? His lips is so red, did he use liptint? Now that I think about it, his bottom lip is pretty thick.... It looks yummy...

She suddenly aware about how she's been staring at Seungyoon's lips longer than necessary. A red tint start creeping on her cheeks when she recall her not-so-innocent thought. Damn.

"I would not tell this to anyone. You know, I'm a good and sympathetic boy."

Wendy's eyes perks when she heard his answer. She spontaneously held his hands. 

"Thank you, Seungyoon. You're really are a good boy just like what I've heard."

"If you give me a kiss, that is."

She abruptly let go of his hands. "Wait, what?".

Seungyoon smirked, "I said, I would not tell this to anyone if you kiss me."

Wendy can't believe her ears. What is this guy planning? He looks like a good boy, but it turns out he's a jerk?? How dare he take advantage of this situation? 

"Are you messing with me?"

Seungyoon looked straight into Wendy's eyes, "I'm serious."

She shaked her head in disbelieve. How could he calmly ask something like that to a girl he barely knew and declare he's serious about that?  As far as she can remember, they barely interac in school and only know each other's name. She just can't wraps her head around this. 

Wendy give him her most persuasive look, "Listen, Seungyoon. My dream is to be a singer and in several months, there will be auditions held by several entertainment companies. I need money to buy a better guitar and dance lesson for my performance. So please, please. Let me off the hook this time, without any requisite"

"So that's why you've been losing weight lately? For audition?"

Wendy was taken aback by his question. So, he pays attention to me? Or at least, he notice about me? How?  There's so many question in her head.  

"Yes. I've work hard for it."

Seungyoon smile softly like he knows just how hard Wendy works to achieve her dream. Wendy smile back at him, thinking he finally change his mind.

"I'm still asking for that kiss though."

Wendy stomped her feet in frustation, "Why would you do something like this? I thought you said you're a good boy!"

"Actually, when I was in the second year of middle school there's this girl that I like."

Wendy raised one of her eyebrow and fold her hands in front of her body. "And then?"

"I confessed to her 7 times & she rejected me 7 times too."

Wendy doubt Seungyoon - tall, smart & handsome Kang Seungyoon - have been rejected by a girl, let alone 7 times. But maybe he was rejected because behind that gentleman facade lies behind a naughty personality. Wendy recalled his condition of silence is to kiss him and get angry again.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but what it has to do with your impertinent demand?"

Seungyoon smile again. Wendy secretly hates herself to let that smile give her butterfly in her stomach.  

"After that I don't really fall in love with a girl. People around me dating girls, but honestly, I don't know where's the fun in that. That's why there's this one thing that I'd like to try. I want to confirm about something."

"Ha ha ha.. Are you serious? So you want to kiss someone to find out what's so fun about that?"

"Not really. I have kissed someone before".

"Then why?"

Seungyoon smirked again, "As I told you, because I want to confirm something". He approached her. Closer and closer. "I'm pretty interested with you. I want to confirm whether I actually like you." 

"What?? For the love of God, please don't mess with me! We barely know each other"

Now her face is just several inches from his face. She wanted to runaway but her back has touched the wall and now she has nowhere to run.

Seungyoon looked deeply into her eyes while putting his right hand on the wall, over her head. "Do people need to know a lot about each other to fall in love?"

Wendy tried to evaded his radiant gaze which make her nervous, "Well, I don't really know about other people. But for me, I must know his personality first. Don't you think so?"

He smirked, "I don't think so. That's why there's this famous term 'Fall in love at the first sight'. Haven't you heard about that?" 

Wendy wanted to pull that black hair from his beautiful head because she feels so annoyed.

"Why me?"

Seungyoon shrugged, "Do people need a reason to like someone?"

Wendy wanted to growl. It feels like this torture will never end.

"I want to know the reason why you have interest with me. Because all of this sounds very absurd."

"Maybe because you sing like an angel."

"Really? You think so?" Wendy blushed when she heard his comment.

"Because your expressions and reactions make me curious about what it feels like to see the world through your eyes."

Seungyoon smile again towards her & for the nth times she felt a twist in her stomach. 

"But if I'm allowed to be honest, the main reason is instinct".

"What was that?"

Seungyoon let out a small laugh when he saw she's pouting. Wendy can't help to think that he's so pretty when he laugh.

"Don't tell me this is not coincidence. You don't actually plan to caught me in this, right?".

"This is just coincidence. I brought my new dog, Thor, to a Vet. Near the Vet's clinic, there's a pet salons and grooming service. I thought it will be a good idea to bring Thor there to take care of its hygiene and cleaning after it's vaccinated. I saw a place across the pet salon that picked my interest. Thor's grooming will be about 40 minutes, so I thought why not take the time to explore this part of the city that I haven't visit before? With that thought in mind, I left Thor in the pet salon and began sightseeing. I instinctively enter this particular cafe due to curiosity. I didn't expect to meet you. "

"Really?"

"It must be a fate. Now that I have answered your question, let's go to our unfinished business."

"What bussiness?"

"Kissing".

Wendy reply with incoherent noises. His eyes stared at hers, as if he tried to pry her feeling through what was reflected in her black eyes. 

"Alright, here we go."

Seungyoon tilted his head and move it towards Wendy while she's internally screaming. If there's a face represent "ASHDHSKJSDKJKJSD", it would be Wendy's face right now.

She saw his beautiful eyes closing and that thick red lips drew closer. A part of her want to punch the boy in front of her. The other part questioning if it's alright to let someone who's not her boyfriend, not even close enough to be a friend, to kiss her. While the rest parts of her want to know what will it feels to taste those lips. She closed her eyes and wait in anticipation. 

She waited for a soft feels landing on her lips but it never come. Then she heard a stifled laughter. She opened her eyes, only to see Seungyoon cover up his face while his shoulder trembles. Wendy knew he's laughing and she get annoyed again.

"Is there something funny here?"

"Nothing. It's just your expression is daebak."

She knitted her eyebrows. Seungyoon give soft expression to the girl in front of him.

"I'm sorry. I would never take advantage of a situation like this or forcing a girl to kiss me. I swear to you I won't tell anyone about you working part-time here. But you have to be careful. Other people might see you. Okay?"

Wendy didn't look impressed.

The girl in front of him looked so angry, Seungyoon can't help to looked guilty. "I'm sorry. Please don't get angry with me."

"So you're just messing with me? All these talks about you're interested with me and want to kiss me is a big lie? Is this some kind of game to you?"

"It's not a lie. It's just you're so cute, you make me want to tease you."

It's not the response that Wendy expected so she was taken aback.

"Liar. You don't even like me, right? You just do this for fun. All of this is so weird. You don't know anything about me."

Seungyoon replied with serious tone, "Maybe it's true that I don't know much about you. But you've been on my mind for some times."

"Really? Why?"

"Probably because I like you."

She sneered at him, "Probably? So it's just probability?"

"Because it's been a long time I haven't had this feeling for a girl. That's why I want to find out whether this is love or not. Do you want to go out with me and find out about it?"

Wendy shaked her head in disbelieve.

"No."

"It's too bad. I thought you're at least also attracted to me. Seeing how eager you are when you're waiting me to kiss you."

Wendy choked. "W-w-what? I'm not!! It's because you blackmailed me!"

"So you don't want to go out with me?"

"Hell, no!"

Seungyoon took something from his pocket then give it to Wendy. It's 2 concert tickets for 31 December night.

"Then at least come to this festival and reject me properly after you give it more thought."

"You will watch this festival too?"

"No. I will be one of the performers here."

Wendy looked surprised. "You will perform here?"

"Yes. I will perform with my band, WINNER."

"I don't know that you're in a band. Wow. It's so cool"

Seungyoon smile at her, "It's an indie band and we're lucky enough to be selected to be the opening of this festival." He then looked at his watches. "I think I need to pick up Thor from the pet saloon. Wendy, I'll be waiting for you in the festival."

"I haven't said that I'll come! Beside, how could you be sure that I don't have plan for 31 December yet?"

The student council president smirked at her. "Instinct!"

With that, Seungyoon is gone from the maid cafe and Wendy was left bewildered.