Fairytail

JinKook Anime


FairyTail

Dragon’s Mate



When Jungkook first arrived in Magnolia town, he had high expectations. He heard stories about the strongest guild in the kingdom of Fiore. About how the guild had three dragon slayers in it—a feat that was not found in any other guilds. The Guild Master was a member of the respectable Ten Wizard Saints and was also one of the mages Jungkook looked up to. It also made impressed him how the guild has five S-class mages and are very powerful ones too if the rumors served to be correct.

That was how Jungkook found himself walking in the streets of Magnolia with a map in hand and his trusted partner—an Exceed named Yoongi(or Suga if you do not want to be scratched on the face)—accompanying him. He was so focused on following the map’s directions, looking for the guild he dreamed to be a part of, that he didn’t see the person in front of him.

The raven fell from the unexpected impact, blinking in shock and confusion as the pain on his bottom made itself known. He looked up from his position on the ground and found a tall man—no, a giant—glaring down at him. “Watch where you’re going,  kid!” the giant said as he grabbed Jungkook by the collar and lifted him effortlessly.

Jungkook watched in amazement as the man raised his body as if it was nothing. His feet were lifted off the ground and Jungkook can’t help but be overwhelmed by this. Wow, he thought, People in Fiore must be really strong.

“Hey, are you even listening, kid?” the giant man’s yell pulled Jungkook back into reality as he felt the grip tighten, “Perhaps you need to be taught a lesson, huh.”

Before he could say anything, the man threw his body with his superhuman strength. Jungkook winced as he felt the sharp wind and then the pain that came from the impact as he was thrown into one of the food stalls. Jungkook grunted as he stood from his position, looking at the crushed stand and hearing the yells and complaints by the stall owner, the raven made a mental note to pay for the damages.

He could hear Yoongi’s yell and Jungkook looked up to see his partner in front of him, hissing at the trouble approaching them. “Suga, it’s okay.” Jungkook assured him, “I can handle this. It’s just a misunderstandi—“

His words were cut off by the mocking laughter that erupted from his assailant. The giant man took in the sight of Yoongi attempting to protect Jungkook and ridiculed him, “Would you look at that? The kid is being protected by a cat! No, wait, a little kitty!”

Uh oh, Jungkook thought as he watched Yoongi’s feline form grew stiff. Even from behind, the raven could feel the Exceed’s growing rage and so, he decided to save the gigantic man from getting killed.

“I’m sorry!” Jungkook immediately bowed, though his eyes stayed on Yoongi—making sure the other doesn’t attack. “I wasn’t watching where I was going, sir.”

“You think a simple apology is gonna make me forgive you, kid?” The man scoffed at him before making a move to grab him but pulled his hand away when Yoongi jumped into action and clawed his outstretched hand. “What the !”

“Hyung!” Jungkook yelled in surprise as he grabbed the aggravated feline before he could transform into his human form and give the giant a piece of his mind. “Calm down. Calm down, hyung.”

Yoongi struggled in his hold but Jungkook had a firm grip on him. Eventually, the white Exceed gave up and stilled, though he still had a murderous glint in his eyes. Jungkook turned his attention towards the giant cradling his bleeding hand.

The giant turned to meet his gaze and his pained expression morphed into one of rage. “You, “he gritted his teeth before he shouted, “I’m going to ing kill you!” he charged at Jungkook once again.

The raven, however, was quicker as he dodged the taller’s attack—the wind gushing at his fast movement—before he landed a swift but strong kick on the man, effectively sending him flying towards another stall. That sold vases.

Oh , Jungkook thought.

He winced when the man crashed into the shop and the vases broke. He could hear the yell coming from the shop owner and the raven once again made a mental note to apologize and perhaps compensate for the damage. He sent the owner a guilty look and offered an apologetic smile. He really intended to pay for the damage however his enemy was slowly getting up.

Jungkook took two steps backward, holding Yoongi tight in his arms, as he anticipated the man to charge at him once again. But to his surprise, another man came to attack him from behind and if it weren’t for Jungkook’s sharp senses, he wouldn’t have noticed the movement behind him. He narrowly avoided the punch but as he shifted his position, another attack came and this time, it came in a form of a blazing fire.  

What, Jungkook internally exclaimed, they were mages!?

Eyes widening, he reacted as fast as he could by tumbling away from the attack and releasing Yoongi as the Exceed jumped from his hold. Without wasting any time, Yoongi brought his wings out and immediately grabbed the back of Jungkook’s shirt—flying away before the giant man and his backup could attempt to give another attack.  

When they were both up in the air, Yoongi released a sigh as he scolded Jungkook, “Not an hour in this city and you find yourself in trouble. I even had to save your sorry . At this rate, are you even fit to join FairyTail?”

However, Jungkook was not listening to his words as the younger’s eyes were sparkling with excitement. “Hyung! They were mages, hyung!”

“Yah! Listen to me, brat.” Yoongi growled but the younger was hard to pop out of the bubble of excitement.

“They were the first mages I’ve seen in person aside from you, me and Old Man Sejin!” Jungkook exclaimed, fascination evident in his tone, “How cool is that. There’s probably more in FairyTail, hyung!”

“Of course there’s more in FairyTail. It’s a guild, after all.” Yoongi rolled his eyes before he scanned their surroundings. “We might find the guild easier up here. Keep your eyes open, kid. See if you can find the guild’s insignia from up here.”

Jungkook immediately looked down from where he was, watching the buildings under scrutiny, not wanting to miss finding the headquarters. He was beyond excited about finding the guild that had always been his dream to be a part of. He heard great stories about it from Old Man Sejin, who was a traveler that Jungkook met when he was looking for his father.

Speaking of Jungkook’s father, his father was not a human. His father was a dragon—if his name was any indication, which was GDragon. Jungkook got his magic from him as he was raised and trained to become the mage he is right now. The raven was very fond of his father and he loved him so. However, his father disappeared seven years ago and Jungkook hasn’t seen him ever since.

He thought that maybe his father left for a while to meet one of his dragon friends and Jungkook waited for him for a very long time.  But he never came back. Then the raven met Old Man Sejin who began telling him of the life beyond the mountain he lived.

He lived with the traveler for two years and was introduced to many human-made things—things that Jungkook found that he enjoyed. He was told of the stories around the world and it left him intrigued. But what got he the most interested were the stories of FairyTail. Especially at the mention of having three dragon slayers just like him.

The interest initially started when he wondered if maybe they had an answer to where his father was. But the more he listened to the stories, the more he grew interested. Before he knew it, becoming a part of FairyTail was one of his dreams—his ultimate dreams.

After Old Man Sejin passed away, Jungkook trained in the mountains to become stronger. When he deemed himself to be ready, he brought all the things he owned which wasn’t much and Yoongi, his partner since forever, with him. They traveled the world to arrive at the Kingdom of Fiore.

It was quite an adventure. Jungkook learned a lot from the strangers he met and the challenges they faced on the way. The raven was sure that if he needed to pass some kind of test to join FairyTail, he would have a high chance at entering. At the thought of it,  Jungkook felt giddy once again.

“Hey, kid. You done daydreaming there?” Yoongi asked from behind. It is only then that the raven realized that they were slowly descending, “I’m getting tired. I think we need to look at the ground again. You’re getting heavy.”

“I’m not heavy.” Jungkook defended before his feet once again touched the ground. He huffed, wondering why he still hasn’t found FairyTail, “Where could the guild be? It must be here somewhere. According to Old Man Sejin, it was huge.”

“Well, seeing that it had about a hundred members inside,” Yoongi muttered as he thought about the huge crowd—something he clearly disliked, “It would be a very big guild headquarters. The small guilds we probably found on our journey here would probably be tripled in size to match FairyTail.”

“Hm, I guess so.” Jungkook scratched his head before he looked down at the white Exceed, “Should we try looking at—“

Once again, Jungkook was sent to the ground by a strong impact. But this time, it didn’t bump on him. It fell on top of him. The raven could hear Yoongi curse from the side. But before Jungkook could even think, he heard a soft groan coming from the creature that landed on him.

Jungkook blinked twice as he registered the fluffy yet ticklish feeling on his neck as the creature started squirming. Suddenly, the creature moved and the heavy weigh on top of him disappeared. He could hear a panicked voice apologizing repeatedly. But all that registered in his brain was What a nice voice and I wonder what was that squishy thing I touched.

He opened his eyes and was met with the most beautiful thing Jungkook has seen in his life. He found himself staring back at the prettiest pair of eyes that shone like the purest gems. They were so bright and clear, Jungkook was almost reminded of the rivers back at where he lived with GDragon. His eyes traveled downwards, watching the stranger’s moving plump lips that made Jungkoo want to come forward and held it captive in his kiss. What the hell?

His sensitive nose was then hit by a sweet comforting scent. Ah, what’s this smell?, Jungkook internally moaned. It was addictive yet comforting at the same time. It was something Jungkook has never scented before, a fragrance that was foreign to him, yet it captivated him.

Before Jungkook could even realize anything, his whole body was burning up. It felt like flames had devoured him on the inside and he was sweating profusely. He couldn’t think clearly and the only thing that ran through his mind was Mine.

And he vaguely wondered why these thoughts even came when he barely knew this fretting stranger. Jungkook’s head was getting dizzy and he tried to shake vertigo away. He tried to focus on the stranger’s words, hoping to get a grip on reality once again.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Inhale. Exhale. Jungkook opened his eyes once again and he was back to reality. Out of his trance, he could hear the stranger’s words by now.

“I’m terribly sorry. I was trying out this new teleportation spell that my friend—no, he’s not my friend anymore. I told Taehyung that I didn’t want to do this, I swear! This is all his fault in the first place. Oh my god, please say something! Did I break you?” the stranger was rambling with that honey-like voice of his that Jungkook couldn’t help but wonder how he would sound moani—Stop. What the is wrong with me.

“Jungkook.” He heard Yoongi’s raspy voice call out to him with a tint of concern, “Hey, kid speak up.”

Jungkook blinked his thoughts away as he turned his head to where the Exceed stood by his head. “Hyung.”

Yoongi looked relieved by his response but before the feline could comment, the stranger grabbed his attention by apologizing once again, “I’m so sorry for falling on you like that! I swear that it wasn’t my intention to do that. You see, my friend was learning this new spell and he wanted to test it out on me but—“

“Slow down.” Yoongi grunted from beside as he glared up at the yapping male, who flinched at his gaze, “I could barely catch a word you were saying.”

“I’m sorry.” He spoke once again, blinking twice before he turned to Jungkook. “Are you okay? Can you stand? How many fingers am I holding up?”

He shoved his finger close to Jungkook’s face that the younger went cross-eyed as he stared at it. Slowly and painstakingly, he answered, “One.”

The stranger—no, Jungkook thought to correct himself, the beautiful stranger— looked relieved by his answer as he let out a dazzling smile. His eyes widened in glee as he backed away to allow Jungkook to sit up. The raven rubbed the back of his head before he turned to the beautiful stranger, “Um, I think I’m fine.”

“But you took so long to respond.” He said, concern gracing his features, “I was so worried. I thought I broke you or something. I mean, it’s not that I’m heavy or anything but you were unresponsive. I swear I’m going to kill that brat. It’s all my guild mate’s fault, he’s—“

“I was just surprised. That’s all.” The younger decided to cut him off before he could continue his rant. But then Jungkook remembered the beautiful stranger’s words and he asked, “Wait, did you say something about guildmate?”

“Yeah,” the beautiful stranger nodded before his eyebrows furrowed as he huffed in frustration, “I was with my dongsaeng Taehyung when he was practicing his spells and he wanted to try it out on me. I didn’t want to do it but he bribed with food and I just can’t deny food because come on, food is life. Hey, are you hungry? I could make it up to you for this accident. I know a good restaurant. My treat, come on.”

“No,” Jungkook backed away. ‘I’m not hungry. But I’d like to ask you a question.”

“Okay.” The beautiful stranger said with a smile gracing his face. “Ask away.”

“You said something about guildmate, so you must be in a guild.” The beautiful stranger nodded at his statement and Jungkook cringed when he realized how he just stated the obvious. He could see Yoongi judging him from the corner of his eyes. “Well, if I remember correctly, there’s only one guild in Magnolia town and if you’re from here then that means—“

Jungkook trailed off, watching the beautiful stranger’s anticipating expression as he waited for him to finish. Fingers crossed. The raven held his breath as he finished his assumption, “That means you must be from FairyTail, right?”

Not even a second later, the beautiful stranger nodded at him with a cheerful “Yeah” as if what he had said didn’t make Jungkook’s soul leap in excitement because Holy I’m talking to a FairyTail member—and checking him out and also, Yes, I finally found my way to the guild.

The beautiful stranger looked concerned when Jungkook was frozen for a few minutes. He was about to ask if the other was alright when the raven broke from his trance and almost yelled as he deeply bowed to the ground—hitting his forehead hard that the beautiful stranger and Yoongi had to wince, “I’m Jeon Jungkook. 18 years old. Dragonslayer. I want to become a part of FairyTail. Nice to meet you!”

And the introductory speech Jungkook had practiced every day since he dreamed of joining the guild went out of the window, forgotten as excitement clouded his euphoric mind.

“Uh,” the beautiful stranger—now labeled as the godly FairyTail member in Jungkook’s thoughts—watched in surprise before he smiled, “Oh, you want to join our guild, huh? Why didn’t you say so?”

They both stood up from their position on the ground as the godly FairyTail member held his hand out for a shake. Jungkook’s eyes widened at the sight because a FairyTail member is offering his hand for a handshake. He’s about to touch this member’s hand and get himself blessed—

”My name is Kim Seokjin.” The godly FairyTail member—now identified with an ethereal level-name—said with that out-of-this-world smile of his, “Nice to meet you.”

It felt like the world was moving in slow motion as Jungkook moved his hand—he hoped they were not sweaty with how nervous he was, he should’ve washed them five times earlier—to accept the handshake. The moment their fingertips touched, there was a spark that electrocuted the two of them to pull away in shock.

Once again, Jungkook felt the overwhelming sensation that he tried to subside earlier. This time it was stronger as the inner voice yelled at him to claim the beautiful man in front of him, to make Seokjin his. The demanding voice echoing in his mind made him dizzy as he backed away.

“Jungkook, “he could hear the worry in Yoongi’s voice as the Exceed looked up to him from the ground.

“Hyung, “Jungkook called out before he looked up, “I feel strange.”

He heard a gasp in front of him and turned to look at the source of the sound—which was a bad idea because the sight of Seokjin’s widened eyes and surprised face did no good to his burning temperature. The other suddenly looked a thousand times more beautiful than he was earlier—something that Jungkook didn’t think was possible.

“Jungkook-ssi. Your eyes,” Seokjin said apprehensively. “They’re red.”

The said dragonslayer’s eyes widened in surprise at the statement. He racked in his brains what GDragon had told him about having red eyes and when he finally remembered, he realized that he was in deep .

“When your eyes change color,” G-Dragon had said, looking uncomfortable as he stared at his adopted son’s curious eyes, “It means that you have found your mate. The colors of your eyes change according to what you feel towards your mate. And if they turn red,” his father looked hesitant, “that means you have a desire for your mate.”

“What kind of desire?”

“Maybe I’ll tell you when you’re older.”

Seokjin felt his face heating up as he stared at the blood red eyes that gazed back at him—lust evident in those crimson orbs. He couldn’t help the tingle that ran through his body, hating himself for knowing what those eyes meant. It is at this very moment that he finally understood the meaning of “Ignorance is bliss.”

He partly blamed it on the fact that his favorite dongsaeng Taehyung was a dragonslayer and had kept him knowledgeable about the topic of his kin. Taehyung has yet to find his own mate yet he kept on sulking how he wanted Seokjin to be his but never gets the desired effect when with the man.

The younger would be in for a heartbreak when he’ll discover that his crush was actually some other dragonslayer’s mate.

And as for Jungkook, never did he think that he’ll find his mate in the most eccentric way.

It was only the beginning of his journey to be part of FairyTail. Why does it felt like he already traveled for a thousand miles?

May or May not be continued



There’s a story based on FairyTail. I know that the whole mate thing was not confirmed in FairyTail but I’ve read some assumptions about it—especially between Lucy and Natsu, Gajeel and Levy.

I may or may not write a continuation of the FairyTail adventure. After all, I may get sudden inspirations. It depends.

Chrysallion