Shingeki No Kyojin part 1- Unfair

JinKook Anime


Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan

Unfair



It’s unfair, Jungkook thought.

As he looked at the people gathered around, watching him is disdain as if he had done something so wrong. By moral standards, he did do wrong. He stole bread from a bakery, ran away with it clutched in his arms as if it was his lifeline, fought with the Garrisons that caught up with him and got himself beaten by those useless so-called soldiers that patrol and protect the citizens. Jungkook knew that they were good-for-nothing drunkards that pranced within the walls for naught.

By moral standards, Jungkook was wrong. But to Jungkook, all he did was survive.

Clutching the dirtied loaf of bread in his arms, Jungkook took all the beating. He could fight back. But if he did, he might end up ruining the already beaten bread. It was his only food left. He was starving and he needed to eat. All he did was try to survive. Why was everyone condemning him for that?

It’s not his fault that his father was a faceless man who only thought with his and his mother was a e who left him to fend for himself. It was not his fault that he was born under these circumstances. But it seemed like the world was cruel to him. It hated him.

It’s unfair, Jungkook decided. The world is unfair.

But as soon as Jungkook made that conclusion, fate suddenly seemed to pity him. As if it wanted to change his mind about the way he viewed life. Because at that exact moment, an angel came to save him.

Jungkook couldn’t remember what happened back then or how it all stopped. All he knew was that the beating halted, the accusing words thrown at him were silenced, and then there was a voice of an angel asking him if he was alright if he could still stand if he could hear him.

All that he could remember then was that he weakly raised his head, took a peak in between his sweaty bangs and swollen eyes. With his blurry vision, all that he could make out was a silhouette of a broad-shouldered teenager who towered over his battered body. All he could remember was the voice of an angel promising to him that everything would be okay.

And then it all faded to black. Jungkook lost his consciousness.

The next time he had awoken, he heard hushed voices. He could hear a woman speaking incoherent words. Words that failed to register in Jungkook’s muddled brain. But as his senses start to return, Jungkook became more and more aware of the soft feeling of the bed, the pleasant scent of being in a clean room than in a polluted street, and the fuzzy feeling of medicine in his system.

“—Seokjin wants to keep the little boy.” He could finally make out the words from the woman’s mouth, “But I’m worried. This boy has no background and worst of all, he had taken him after getting beaten for stealing! My precious son has taken in a criminal!”

It took a while for Jungkook to realize that the woman was talking about him. He felt anger rising once again—the nerve of these strangers to judge him. But the thought morphed into confusion as he wondered; who was Seokjin? How did Jungkook get in here? Seokjin wants to keep him? Why?

Then Jungkook recalled the silhouette of a boy and the voice of an angel. It left him to wonder if Seokjin was that angel. If so, where is he? Why did he save Jungkook? Why is Jungkook here? Does he want something from Jungkook, aside from tormenting and accusing him? Or is he no different from the rest?

“I don’t know, Lady Kim. But I do know that Young Master Seokjin wanted to save the little kid.” He heard an older man’s voice, soft with compassion, “You know your own son. He could not bear to see someone hurt—even if that someone was a criminal as you claim. But from what I could see, and what the young master sees, the boy is all but one. He is just a child in need of a home.”

At those words, Jungkook’s heart and mind were sent on a turmoil. A part of him felt the anger rise at the thought of someone he barely knew pitying him. Another part of him felt like laughing at how ridiculous this Seokjin was for naively thinking that Jungkook was a child.

But a part of him, the bigger part, felt like crying. Crying because he really is a child of age thirteen, without a home, fending for himself and facing death every day. Crying because he’s so lonely and sad and it made him sadder hearing from someone else just how sad his life is as if he hadn’t known already.

Jungkook hadn’t realized that he had shed wet hot tears until there was a soft cloth pressed against his damp cheeks. He looked up and was surprised to see someone else in the room. He hadn’t even noticed the other. Had he always been there or did he enter the room while Jungkook was deep in his thoughts?

“Don’t mind what they’re saying. You’re safe here. My mother won’t be sending you away.” The stranger spoke in the softest voice Jungkook has ever heard. There was a sense of familiarity with it and before long, Jungkook has come to realize that this stranger was the angel that saved him before. He must be Seokjin then.

As if the other could hear his thoughts, he sent him a blinding smile, so bright and warm that Jungkook had to shift his gaze downwards in fear that he’ll be more captivated to it than he already was. “My name is Seokjin. Kim Seokjin. And you are?”

Jungkook was quiet. He didn’t offer a reply yet Seokjin didn’t seem like he minded. He waited patiently for the younger. Jungkook was nervous. Jungkook was sad. Jungkook was afraid. And Seokjin understood that. He understood that very well. So he kept his smile on, patiently waiting for the younger and already accepting the chances that the other may not be comfortable to speak yet. So he waited patiently.

He waited for days.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months. Seokjin waited for Jungkook. But the other still refused to speak to him. Even if Jungkook was fully healed and was given another chance at life.

With Seokjin’s persistence, his mother caved in and allowed Jungkook to live with them. But under the condition that Jungkook would work for the family. At first, she had been skeptical with the idea. After all, the boy was picked from the streets, what would he know about serving first-class nobles like her and her son?

But Jungkook had surprised her when he had flawlessly done his tasks around the house. He was a fast learner and he adapted well to the new environment. After all the hell he’d been through at a young age, survival was a part of Jungkook’s system. And if he had to work here to survive, to live a better life, then Jungkook would learn and perform at his best.

He rarely saw Seokjin from where he worked in the Kim’s fields. The older boy was always in his study room or away on a trip across the walls. But when they do see each other though, the older tried to talk to him. In which Jungkook only responds with a simple nod, a bow if necessary or with a simple greeting. But never does he respond the answer to Seokjin’s question. He has yet given his name.

Jungkook was contented with his life by now. It may be dull and boring and repetitive. But at the very least, he had a bed to sleep on, a roof over his head, warm food to eat and the sense of safety. He no longer had to shiver at night, worry over food and pray at the end of every day that tomorrow would be better.

However, that dull, boring and repetitive life had to change at some point. That point came when he was called by the head butler of the family and informed that he was to be appointed to accompany the young master Seokjin.

This confused Jungkook because why would a mere field boy like him accompany someone like Seokjin—whom Jungkook still hardly believed was human with the way he almost glowed with a halo on his head. Jungkook wondered if Seokjin had hidden his wings so well that he couldn’t find them.

But instead of questioning the order, Jungkook accepted it as it is. He was led to Seokjin’s room and found the boy sitting in front his desk, reading a book.  The other seemed to not have noticed him so Jungkook opted not to say anything. It took a few minutes later for Seokjin to take a break from his reading to stretch his limbs. As he turned around, he yelped in surprise upon seeing someone else inside.

“H-How long were you there?” Seokjin asked, eyes wide in surprise as his hand laid on his chest. “Why didn’t you tell me you were there?”

Jungkook blinked at him, not knowing what to say. It didn’t seem like he needed to say anything else as Seokjin had stood and picked a satchel laid beside him. The other boy then flashed him a kind smile that Jungkook’s left eye twitched as he held back the urge to look away again.

There was a foreign feeling in Jungkook’s chest that thumped at the simple movement of the lips. But he tried to block it out as he wordlessly followed the other, who was now running his mouth at the speed of light.

It baffled Jungkook because his impression of Seokjin had always been that the other was a kind and reserved person. But right now, all he could see was a boy speaking so fast Jungkook couldn’t even catch what he was saying. And it was all so fast, Jungkook caught himself smiling without even realizing it until Seokjin pointed out.

“Your smile is so beautiful,” Seokjin said, almost cooing at him. The other had a twinkle in his already sparkling eyes as he said, “You should smile more often. It suits you.”

At those words, Jungkook forced himself to drop the smile and bit his inner cheek to prevent himself from breaking out into another as Seokjin laughed at him. But that proved to be hard because Seokjin had one of the most infectious laughter. It was squeaky and weird but it was also endearing that once again, Jungkook laughed along with the charming sound before he could even think about it.

Seokjin seemed to have loved the rare sound of Jungkook’s laughter that sounded like the chimes of bells that Seokjin always hated but now, he thinks that he’ll probably learn to love it. With the goal of keeping that laughter alive, Seokjin kept spouting out hilarious and non-hilarious jokes that still had Jungkook laughing despite his attempt not to. Jungkook laughed because some of the jokes were really funny, but he laughed mostly because Seokjin’s laugh was funnier than the joke itself.

Months have passed since then, Jungkook is sometimes pulled out of his work from the fields to accompany Seokjin in his study room or in his trip across the walls. Apparently, despite living within Wall Sina, Seokjin liked to venture to other walls. Which was why he found Jungkook beaten up when he visited Wall Maria on that fateful day.

Jungkook can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened to him if Seokjin hadn’t come that day. Would he be as happy and contented as he is right now? Or would he still be struggling with the scraps of food he could find? Or would he have actually died?

On some days, when Jungkook worked on the field, Seokjin would sneak out of his room and watch the younger in doing his chores. Sometimes, he would start picking out flowers and make crowns, bracelets, and rings out of them. Mostly Seokjin would wear them, and sometimes he liked to place them on Jungkook who would begrudgingly allow the elder.

As time passed, the two became closer and one day, Jungkook deemed that he was ready. When Seokjin was sitting on the soft grass, making another pair of flower crowns, Jungkook sat in front of him after finishing his work. He watched as the elder furrowed his eyebrows in concertation as he carefully crafted his work of art. Jungkook can’t help but think that Seokjin is more artful than his work.

“Jungkook.” He whispered. Seokjin looked up from his work, confused at the unfamiliar word before realization crosses his features. The younger repeated again, “Jungkook. That’s my name.”

Seokjin broke into a huge smile as he exclaimed, “Finally!” He then placed the flower crown on Jungkook’s head and beamed at how happy he was when the younger trusted him with his name at last. He also expressed how exasperated he had felt these months for having nothing else to call him other than ‘kid.’

Maybe the world is fair after all, Jungkook thought. The world is fair for making him meet Seokjin after all the years of suffering.

But maybe Jungkook had thought too fast.

Two years later, Jungkook had turned fifteen while Seokjin was at the ripe age of twenty when the worst came. Mankind’s nightmare has emerged after a hundred years of peace and safety. The gate of Wall Maria was broken down by a Colossal Titan at a height even taller than the 50-meter wall that had protected them for a century.

It led to so many casualties that pushed back the rest of humanity behind another wall. It had caused so much chaos not only for the outer wall but the inner walls as well. Humanity’s greatest defense was easily broken by an abomination that was never seen before.

Politics were going messy, the King was all but careless and idle and the Military Police were pointing fingers at each other. Civilians were dying, the food stock was at an all-time low, the course of everyone’s lives had changed for the worse, economy has dropped and so has people’s morality.

The world is unfair. Jungkook took his words back from two years ago. The world is always unfair.

But not for the reason that one may think. Jungkook hadn’t thought that the world was unfair for destroying the gate of Wall Maria. Call him cruel but when the news broke out, it was Seokjin who cried at the thought of many that had perished while Jungkook hadn’t even had an ounce of sympathy. All his memories of Wall Maria was nothing but pain and suffering. He couldn’t bring himself to sympathize with the people that stepped over him.

But the world is still unfair. It was unfair not only to Jungkook who had suffered since he was a child for a fault that was not his, to begin with. It was unfair to someone as kind and compassionate as Seokjin.

Seokjin who should have been happy for the rest of his life—who deserved all the happiness of the world. Seokjin who was kind and compassionate and would never hurt anyone else. Seokjin who enjoyed his idle time reading books, crafting those beautifully made flower crowns and liked to talk Jungkook’s ears off. Seokjin who was crying and broken after the betrayal that was done to him. Seokjin who still forgave the person who betrayed him even if that person hadn’t asked for forgiveness. Simply because Seokjin was Seokjin.

Seokjin was Seokjin who deserved to be treated fairly but ended up getting the worst, unequal treatment he could ever get. And it broke Jungkook’s fifteen-year-old heart as he held his crying hyung.

The world is unfair, Jungkook decided. Curse this cruel and unfair world.

Seokjin was placed to serve as a cadet. Seokjin was going to be sent to his death. By whom? By his very own mother. His very own mother who followed her greed and accepted the proposal of the King. She jumped at the chance, selling her own son away to the military while she accepted the embrace of luxury as the New Queen. Even if being a Queen meant abandoning her only son so she could give birth to the Prince.

Why can’t she just marry the King but still keep Seokjin? Does she have to be childless to give birth to a Prince? Why does she have to abandon Seokjin? Why did she have to leave Seokjin behind? Didn’t she love him? Why did everything change?

“It’s okay, hyung,” Jungkook whispered to Seokjin’s broken form. Even if he knew that nothing will ever be okay. He still embraced Seokjin with white lies, hoping that it would lift the other up even for a short while. “It’s okay. I’m here with you. It’s okay.”

But Seokjin wept as he was stripped away of his nobility and thrown into a carriage full of other heart-broken cadets. Jungkook held him tight, followed him into the military without any hesitation, even if he knew that it meant nothing more than becoming a Titan’s food. It will be worth it. It will be worth it if he could be with Seokjin.

And make sure he’s safe as long as Jungkook is there with him.

The world is unfair. But Jungkook will try with all his might, to make it less unfair for Seokjin. It will never be fair, but Jungkook will try to weaken the damage. Only for Seokjin.

And so they find themselves standing in an organized formation with other cadets. They were standing straight, back stiff and hearts beating so hard it felt like it would thump itself out of their chests. Seokjin was visibly nervous and scared. His eyes held the innocence that was lost in most of the other cadets. Jungkook wanted to protect that, wanted to preserve that.

Jungkook was less innocent. He had seen hell before, he will see hell today once again. But this hell won’t be as bitter as the last, Jungkook thought. Because he was here with Seokjin. He was here with his angel.

With that thought in mind, Jungkook’s heartbeat steadied its pace. His heart and mind were now calm. His steely eyes were as cold as ice yet as dangerous as a blazing fire. One would know not to mess with him at a glance. Good. Jungkook wanted that impression. If he could strike fear to others, it would be more effective when protecting Seokjin.

“We are now commencing the enlistment ceremony for the 104th Trainee Corps!” his thoughts were disturbed at the announcement of a tall and intimidating man. He is bald, with a slightly tan complexion and prominent wrinkles on his forehead. His most notable features are dark circles around his eyes which make him appear more imposing and frightening.

Jungkook immediately picked up that this guy would probably be their head instructor. The man continued with a harsh authoritative voice, “I am Keith Shadis, and I had the misfortune to be assigned to train you bastards.”

From Jungkook’s peripheral view, he could see some cadets flinch at the man’s words—Seokjin being one of them. He was unaffected by the man’s harsh way of speaking as people had spoken to him in even harsher tones back when he was living in the streets. The same could not be said to Seokjin who lived with a golden spoon. Jungkook could only hope that Seokjin could handle what was about to come.

“And I am not here to welcome you at all!” The head instructor yelled as he gazed down at all the trainees, “Right now, you’re mere cattle fit for nothing but Titan food! No, less than a cattle.” He concluded after seeing a lot of the candidates wearing frightened expressions.

“In three years, we’ll take you worthless pieces of crap and train you! Give you the means to fight the Titans.” He continued as the cadets listened and watched in anticipation, “In three years, when you stand before of a Titan, will you still be food? Or will you be a noble wall, shielding the King?”

At the mention of the King, Seokjin’s heart broke even more. Those words just solidified the idea that his own mother had abandoned him for the King. Whereas Jungkook clenched his hands tighter as his eyes grew dark with anger. No, he will not be training to shield the King. He will be training to shield Seokjin. Seokjin will be his King.

“Or perhaps, one of humanity’s glorious soldiers that slay Titans? You will decide!” Keith Shadis concluded his speech then as the words sunk into the cadets’ minds. Some filled with fear, some field with anger, some field with determination. And Jungkook—he was filled with sheer will to grow stronger to protect.

As he zoned in his thoughts, Keith Shadis descended from the little stage he had stood on. Even on even grounds, he still towered over the cadets with his tall stature. By then, he started scanning on every cadet he passed, passing by the ones who he deemed had seen enough hell and calling out to those that still held fear in their eyes.

Keith called this ritual as the Rite of Passage. With this, he is able to determine the ones ready for the battle.  Jungkook listened as the man passed through different people and called out different names. One of the names called had been Park Jimin who stuttered out with his name. But when asked for his purpose to joining the Military, he had a noble goal to offer his loyalty to the King.

Jungkook almost wanted to laugh at his dream. There was nothing noble about it. He saw nothing but stupidity for wanting to offer their life to someone so unworthy. Jungkook wanted to scoff at him but he maintained a steady posture. There were other names with different purposes—some sugarcoating their goals and other being brutally honest with their selfishness.

Jungkook would applaud those people. If things had been different and he wasn’t with Seokjin, he probably would be one of those people. Joining the military for his own benefit—to become part of the Military Police and live a comfortable life within Wall Sina.

Keith Shadis passed by Jungkook’s lane. He took a quick glance at Jungkook’s calm and steady composure, at his eyes that shone no fear. The boy oozed with an aura that had the impression of danger and the head instructor almost nodded his head in approval.

As he moved on, he took a once-over at Seokjin who stood beside Jungkook. The other had an innocent look in his eyes, soft features and exuding with nervousness if his shaking hands were anything to go by. Despite his broad shoulders and tall stature, he looked so small with fear clouding his mind.

It didn’t take long for Keith to realize that this was the boy. He almost felt pity for him. Prior to the enlistment, he was informed of Kim Seokjin’s situation. Selfish mother married the King and threw away her son to become a Titan’s food.  It was pitiful but the child had nowhere else to go. He had no more relatives and his father had already died when he was ten.

“You,” he called out to the man who looked more like a boy to Keith. He visibly flinched at being called out before he nervously looked up. From the sides, Keith heard Jungkook took a sharp intake of breath for a split second, and he wondered if these two were related. He spoke in a voice less harsh than he intended, “Who the hell are you?”

The man—no, boy—hesitated for a second before he brought up his clenched hand over his heart and mustered all the courage he could gather, ”Kim Seokjin from—from Trost, sir!” he lied and Keith could see through it but he pretended that he didn’t.

“What did you came here for?” He asked this time his tone as harsh as he wanted it to be. Seokjin looked scared and looked like he wanted to back out. Keith could feel the disappointment rising in him but to his surprise, Seokjin swallowed his fear and yelled, “To devote myself to mankind, sir!”

“That’s a noble goal.” He spoke softly after a while. He scanned Seokjin from his shaking hands to his determined expression and he deemed that things will be okay. As long as he had the will to fight.

From where Jungkook stood, he felt relief wash over him as soon as the interrogation was over. A part of him also swelled with pride because Seokjin handled it well albeit that he was scared. Listening to Seokjin’s purpose, Jungkook would’ve scorned at his words. But this was Seokjin. Jungkook knew by heart that those words weren’t sugarcoated or spat out at the spur of the moment.

Jungkook knew by heart how good Seokjin was. Even after the betrayal, only Seokjin had the kindness to still be selfless about it. To opt to offer himself to mankind. Jungkook was warmed by the thought. Seokjin’s words were noble. And maybe, Jungkook is a little bit of a hypocrite. Because he found that those words were words that made him glad.

Glad because after everything, Seokjin won’t change.

divider-5.png

That night, they were assigned to different cabins. To Jungkook’s joy, he was roomed with Seokjin. He wouldn’t have it any other way. If things had been different and they were separated, Jungkook was sure that he would have to go through giving threats just so he could move in with Seokjin. Aside from the two of them, there were four other cadets who shared the cabin with them.

There were three bunk beds in one cabin, and Jungkook and Seokjin had agreed to share one with Jungkook on top and Seokjin at the bottom. The two of them piled their stuff at the bottom of the bed, with Jungkook mostly helping Seokjin who was flushed with embarrassment.

“I’m sorry, Jungkook.” Seokjin apologized, “I’m not that really good with chores. You’re doing more work than I am.”

“It’s okay,” Jungkook assured, understanding where Seokjin was coming from. This was another reason why Jungkook can’t leave him alone. After being pampered and getting used to things done for him, he knew that Seokjin would be dependent when it comes to things like organizing his clothes.

Jungkook also knew that since they were in the military, surely, they would be the ones to wash their own clothes. And Jungkook is well aware that Seokjin’s soft fingers aren’t used to doing these tasks. Still, Seokjin looked so guilty at his apparent uselessness—even though Jungkook never thought of him that way—that Jungkook couldn’t help but feel bad.

So he took one of Seokjin’s shirts and gave to the confused elder. “Here, I’ll teach you how to fold your clothes so you can do them on your own if you’d like.”

Seokjin beamed at the younger as he attentively listened to how it’s done. After a few trial and errors, the elder finally got the hang of it and started folding his clothes on his own. Though he worked at a snail’s pace, Jungkook didn’t bother him. At the very least, this task would help occupy his mind and distract him from thinking about their current predicament.

Later that night, when Seokjin finally finished folding his clothes, they were able to socialize a bit by getting to know their cabin mates. The guy with the bright smile on his face was called Jung Hoseok. He lived in Trost and he called out to Seokjin as to why he never saw him when someone with his face was something Hoseok was sure he’d remember.

Jungkook came to his aid by saying that Seokjin was not fond of leaving the house and they left it at that. The next to introduce himself was a man with adorable dimples that made the eldest almost coo at him. His name was Kim Namjoon and apparently, he was there to witness the Colossal Titan when it broke down the gate. The room was silenced by the gravity of his words.  Though not wanting his backstory to dampen everyone’s moods, Namjoon shifted his words towards Park Jimin, who was also their cabin mate.

He complimented Jimin on his noble words from earlier which left the younger flustered from his flattery. It also didn’t help that Seokjin cooed at him and Hoseok reached out to pinch his “chubby baby cheeks” as the bright man had stated. When they were over with teasing the boy, they turned to the quietest in the room. The man took long to speak but when he spoke, his voice sent chills to almost everyone in the room.

The man was named Min Yoongi and from the look on his face, everyone knew that he saw something terrifying during the attack. Their thoughts were confirmed when Yoongi stated that all of his family were wiped out and he was the only survivor. Once again, silence settled in the room as they were once again reminded of the cruel position they were in.

Jungkook suddenly thought that he was cruel to think this again—that maybe the world was a little fair. Jungkook’s life had been unfair, so was Seokjin’s. But after hearing the others, maybe it had been fair. Not that he was comparing problems, but knowing that everyone had it rough made him realize that all of them suffered.

And that’s what made this cruel and harsh world fair. Because they were all pained.

He was broken out of his reverie when the silence between all of them was broken by the door opening. Keith Shadis peeked in before he fully opened the door and threw a person’s tired body inside.

Everyone stood in shock as they saw the figure huffing and standing up, sweating from head to toe. He looked up at all of them and offered a rectangular smile before falling asleep right there—on the floor.

Jungkook vaguely recognized the guy from earlier, during the Rite of Passage, the guy had the nerve to eat potatoes. This had greatly angered Keith that he send him on a run for miles. If Jungkook’s memory served him right, the idiot’s name would be Kim Taehyung.

“This is Kim Taehyung as you already know.” Keith stated as he stared back at everyone’s confused faces, “It seems that all the other cabins are full. He will be staying with you. I won’t hear any complains. And also, lights off in a few minutes go to your beds.”

At the command, everyone went back to the beds they picked and ignored the exhausted Taehyung on the floor. The guy didn’t seem like he minded as he was too tired to even find a place to sleep.

Seokjin watched the scene, perplexed as to why nobody was helping the boy. He turned to Jungkook who was about to climb up his place at the top bunk. The younger noticed the elder’s gaze on him and he raised an eyebrow as Seokjin gestured at Taehyung’s slump form. He turned back to Seokjin, about to turn him down but the elder was looking at him with expectation swimming in those innocent, kind and beautifu—

“Fine,” Jungkook grumbled as he went down. He walked towards Kim Taehyung’s unconscious body and effortlessly carried the man. He turned to Seokjin in confusion, “Where do you plan to place him? All the beds are taken and he’s an extra.”

Seokjin looked at him as if he was asking something ridiculous, “In my bed, of course.”

Jungkook almost dropped Taehyung right there. “What? Where do you plan to sleep? Beside him?”

 “Sure, why not?” Seokjin shrugged as he urged Jungkook to put Taehyung on the bed. But the younger stood unmoving. Because for various reasons, the thought of Seokjin and Taehyung sharing one bed unnerved him.

So Jungkook stood his ground, “No. He’s not sleeping with you.” And at his wording, Jungkook couldn’t help but get flustered at the double meaning. Seokjin seemed to have the same dirty thought as he blushed and shook his head, “No, not that! I mean—“

“If it bothers you so much, “Seokjin proposed, “I can sleep beside you instead.”

And Jungkook didn’t think he’d turn redder than he was at the moment. He spluttered at Seokjin’s words because—he and Seokjin? In one bed? Holy Maria.

Before Jungkook could utter any excuses because why are they even having this conversation? Why can’t he just drop Taehyung and leave him be on the floor so that he and Seokjin wouldn’t have problems? Seokjin seemed to have loved his suggestion and Jungkook, who was never immune to Seokjin’s charms, had no choice but cave in eventually.

And that’s how Jungkook ended up not sleeping on his first night. And if this is how it’s going to go for the rest of the training, God Bless him.

divider-5.png

The world is unfair, Jungkook is once again reminded three years later. He’s eighteen years old while Seokjin had turned twenty-three. They spent the past years in training for this day. Along with their journey, many cadets had been dropped out. But he and Seokjin pushed through.

There were many instances where Seokjin would’ve been dropped, but Jungkook did his best to help him. Because for others, if they get dropped out, they had families, friends, lives to go back to. Seokjin had none. And if the news of Seokjin getting dropped outreached his selfish mother, who knew what other ideas she might have in order to get rid of him. And Jungkook won’t be there for him.

So three agonizing years and here they are. Reminded that the world is harsh and cruel. Jungkook graduated at the top, which did not come as a surprise to anyone. He had always been the best, good at everything he does.

But unlike Jungkook, Seokjin hadn’t made it in the top ten. But still, the elder was happy for his achievement. Only those in the top ten had the chance to become a part of the Military Police, which was ironic for Jungkook as they had come to train themselves to fight Titans and would just end up hiding behind the walls.

Still, Jungkook opted not to choose the luxury of living within Wall Sina once again. If Seokjin can’t be there then Jungkook couldn’t even see the purpose of being one.

Over the years, Jungkook harbored deeper feelings for Seokjin. The admiration he felt for his savior, and his need to protect him grew stronger and formed into something so big that even Jungkook himself was amazed by it. Jungkook is convinced that without these feelings of his, he wouldn’t have become the best.

It was his drive to become the best to protect Seokjin that had brought him here—stronger than anyone else.

He had strived so hard. So hard to protect him.

And yet he failed.

Five years, exactly five years and the Colossal Titan was back to terrorize them again. The Walls were breached and as if fate wanted to torment Jungkook, the Colossal Titan had to appear where Seokjin was patrolled.

Where Seokjin had patrolled and Jungkook hadn’t. Jungkook wasn’t there.

At the moment, Jungkook was maneuvering about, moving so fast that he could feel the wind cutting through his skin but he didn’t care. He felt his blades sink in deep on the nape of those Titans. Jungkook moved into action, his mind reeling with a thousand thoughts and all of them were Seokjin, Seokjin, Seokjin, Seokjin—

The world is unfair. Jungkook decided. As he abandoned his position and rushed his way to where Seokjin was supposed to be. He could feel his tears, his heart wishing, his whole being praying for Seokjin to be okay.

This world is unfair. But Jungkook wished, hoped, prayed that Seokjin would be alright. Jungkook will protect him. Jungkook will be there.

The world is unfair. But Jungkook will try with all his might, to make it less unfair for Seokjin. It will never be fair, but Jungkook will try to weaken the damage.

Only for Seokjin.

To be continued

 



Some stories will be long and some will be short depending on the plot I have set for them. Like this one for example with have different parts. While some anime based stories would have drabbles only. It depends. J

 

Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

-Chrysallion