A Boyfriend?!

Competition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi giggled for the upteenth time in her statistics lecture. Her lecturer didn’t seem to care at all — well why should he? He has more than a hundred students to teach, it’s not like he cares if they fail or anything anyway, he gets paid nonetheless. Seulgi watched as the blonde guy in front of her turned around while making a really loud shushing noise. Seulgi raised an eyebrow, the guy immediately realising who she is and the grave mistake he had just made. He flushed red and apologised profusely before turning back in front, burying his face in his hands, smacking his own head a few times, the guy beside him giving him a weird look before whispering a “are you crazy?” and slapping the back of his head. The blonde guy whispered something to the jet black haired guy, the other guy jerking up in shock before turning around, locking eyes with Seulgi. He quickly cleared his throat and jerked back to the front, now his turn to bury his face in his palms. 

And Seulgi wonders why she has such a huge impact on them. 

But maybe it’s just natural. Irene has that effect on Seulgi too, making her weak and all. Irene makes her self conscious, that said girl was practically a goddess afterall. Irene also makes her brain go mush, making her sound like a blabbering idiot from time to time, and something about Irene’s slightly deep yet smooth voice makes Seulgi’s stomach churn as if she was on a rollercoaster ride. 

And Seulgi curses herself when she realised that Irene has been on her mind twenty-four seven. 


//


Throughout class, both of them seemed to be constantly distracted and during their small pockets of break time, Seulgi and Wendy didn't seem to talk as much as usual. Seulgi seemed more interested in day dreaming and occasionally smiling to herself than talking to Wendy, and Wendy seemed more interested in her phone than Seulgi. So it seemed like the feeling was mutual. 

-

Wendy bit her lip, her mind having an internal war. Logic against jealousy. Wendy knew that she was being irrational and childish by not talking to Seulgi. It wasn’t the monolid girl’s fault for talking to Irene, it seemed like Irene was the one who initiated the conversation. If Wendy was totally honest, the actually reason why Irene even initiated that conversation was all because of Wendy. Wendy thought that it would be a good idea to snatch both caramel frappes and kick Seulgi in the shin. In total honesty, Wendy thought that Seulgi would freak out and start blushing madly, which actually happened, but what Wendy missed was that Irene might actually be a kind hearted person with a beautiful face, which she was. So technically, Irene would ask Seulgi how was her shin and that is how the conversation would start. 

Wendy cursed herself when she realised yet another reason not to bare a grudge on Seulgi. 

“God please help me.” Wendy groaned before resting her head in her palms, trying to focus on what Mr O’keefe was explaining on applied mathematics.

 


From that day onwards, Seulgi made sure to “drag” Wendy to that same coffee shop at the same timing (not like Wendy was resisting anyway), making sure to come 10 to 20 minutes earlier so they seemed normal. Every time they went there, with no fail, one of them would walk out with the brightest smile they ever wore, and the other would be seething mad. It was just how the cycle was. And on the first day, Seulgi had used knowing Irene’s name as an advantage, finding it much easier to call out to the girl. Wendy had noticed how the cute barista seemed closer to Seulgi so she decided to step up her game, the next day, she star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter