The cute barista

Competition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hey guys!! Limmy2909 here! sorry for the extremely long wait for this first chapter! But i really hope you will enjoy it! Please leave a comment or an upvote! :) 

 

 

Seulgi and Wendy… what would be the first word that comes into your head when those two are around? 

Probably “ugh” because of how competitive they are. Like- really competitive. And the worse thing that came with the competitiveness besides all the noise? The damage. Let’s just say that they might accidentally break a few things along the way. 

From primary school to Secondary school, to Junior College, and finally to University. How did they manage to choose the exact same schools? No one can actually answer that question. Well it was a given fact that both of them were indeed the most talented girls in their school, and it didn't help that both of them were equally smart. They always ended up first and second place, with the second place grumbling for a week because she lost by two marks. There was once where Seulgi won first in the singing competition and Wendy seemed like she was fuming on stage when she received the second place prize. Let’s just say that the results were too close for comfort. With a 27/30 to a 26/30. Wendy almost stormed out of the hall once she heard her name being announced for the second place, but she knew that would be unprofessional and her fans would probably go over to Kang Seul’s fan club, and she couldn’t have that. 

Fast forward to the present, Wendy and Seulgi are studying at SM University, both top scorers in their class (as expected) and once again, both having the largest fan club in their entire school. Even their teachers favour them! No teacher dared to ever be biased to either Seulgi or Wendy because when and if they showed a tad bit of favouritism to Wendy instead of Seulgi, or vice versa, their fan club would practically flip and prank that poor teacher who probably liked Wendy’s handwriting more than Seulgi’s or Seulgi’s drawing more than Wendy’s. And after Mr Sim’s incident, no teacher dared to show a black face in front of the two girls. No one wants their to be spiked by pins or have their hair drop off because of the weird substances the students pour on them. 


//


“Ugh Seul get out of the way.” Wendy grumbled as she reached over the taller girl to grab a napkin, whispering a soft “yes” when she managed to use her fingers as if they were chopsticks and grabbed the napkin, only for Seulgi to jerk up in shock, making her spill part of her drink on the floor and lose her precious napkin. “Ugh Seul! You .” Wendy clicked her tongue in irritation. Seulgi laughed and wheezed, rocking her chair back and forth. Wendy rolled her eyes at the sight of her “bestfriend” laughing so badly because she lost a tissue paper. “Tsk.” Wendy shoved the brunette, not expecting the chair to give way, causing the taller girl to land in an awkward position. Seulgi groaned as she rubbed her head, Wendy’s eyes flickering in shock and worry for her bestfriend. Well… they are best friends after all. “Tsk weak, are- you okay though?” Wendy teased awkwardly before showing her some concern. Seulgi stood up shakily, dusting her in the process. “Yea, you should have seen you face though!” Seulgi laughed, smacking Wendy’s arm jokingly. 

“Shh!” 

Seulgi and Wendy looked over their shoulders and simultaneously raised an eyebrow at the old uncle who is currently glaring at them, reading spectacles siting comfortably at his nose bridge and eyes small and squinting at them. Seulgi clicked her tongue in annoyance but both of them knew better than to make a bigger fuss off something so trivial, so they just got back to their phones and ignored him. 

“Tsk now even my coffee is cold. That uncle’s such a piece of ugh.” Seulgi groaned, slamming her cup down, causing a resounding “tok” sound, gaining her another “shh” from the same old uncle. Seulgi felt her annoyance bubbling up, “Oh my ing god can he be any more annoying?! Ugh half the day is not even over and i feel like the rest of its gonna be .” Wendy shook her head in disapproval before sipping her coffee, eyebrows forming a crease when she realised that her coffee is indeed cold. Just as Wendy was about to ask Seulgi if she wanted a new coffee, the soft ringing sound from the bells indicated that door opened, followed by a chirpy “Taeyeon unnie I'm here!”, gaining both Wendy and Seulgi’s attention. 

 


holy

 


Seulgi and Wendy’s jaw slacked open, eyes seemingly never closing even once to blink, not wanting to miss a sight of the beauty that had just stepped into the Starbucks cafe. The said girl must have felt eyes on her because she looked at their direction, causing both of them to clear their throat and muster a quick smile, which the girl returned back politely. And both of them swears that they almost just died of a heart attack. 


//


Walking to the current barista, Irene waved before extending her hand out, causing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter