Final

Surviving

 

Chaerin headed straight to her bedroom neither waving nor smiling at any of 2NE1 the members she encountered, it seemed like the walk to her bed was a lifetime. She collapsed onto the heavenly softness of her bed, letting every inch of her skin feel the warmth of the covers.

And yet she felt no warmth just the loneliness of a bed that she’ll wake up in, no longer with anyone next to her. She opened her eyes and suddenly she was brought to tears. Tears she's been holding back since that morning. She stretched her arm and with her fingers she felt the soft texture of a pink scarf that looks as though it was worn-out. Chaerin turned to her side and with a trembling hand she slowly pulled the scarf towards her.

She absentmindedly held it close to her. The scarf was still deeply steeped in Jiyong’s pleasant, welcoming scent. As she held it closer to her she felt the hot tears amply trickling from her eyes. Right now, it was her one source of warmth as she held close that piece of cloth that belongs to him.

Jiyong sat at the bottom of his own bed desolate, having lost any hope of having to mend things with Chaerin. He breathed heavily, tears still trickling down his cheeks. Right now he would do anything to have her back.
But he knew he couldn’t, because she won’t comeback.

Ever.

So when the door to his room opened slowly he didn’t dare look up he kept a fixed blank stare onto the ground, he knew whoever it was didn’t matter because it wasn’t Chaerin.

At that moment Jiyong felt a scarf gently drape around his neck, it was the scarf he had put on Chaerin earlier the night before because it had been an awfully chilly night as an ominous sign of what was to happen the following morning. It was last thing he had done before having admitted to her what happened. 

He looked up and there she was; to his surprise her almond colored eyes were for some reason; though he knew he didn’t deserve it, were lovingly staring at him. Tear stains on her cheeks still present just like him. 

“You left that with me last night..”

“Listen..” 
Jiyong began but she stopped him before he could continue his sentence.

Chaerin with a small smile, shook her head & tenderly clasped his hands with hers. She slowly led him, without any hesitation on his part, onto the bed that they had so often shared. Both laid down, in each other’s arms and Jiyong kissed Chaerin on her forehead.

Closing their eyes no more had to be spoken. 
All was forgiven.
The fact is that; knowing what she knew now, she would still love him tomorrow. 
For she too wouldn’t survive letting him go.

– End –