He's an idol?!

Can't Wait To Love You

Jaeeun POV

I headed back towards the soccer field after speaking to Emily on the phone. Despite being on the other side of the world, we still make effort to talk daily and update each other on every little aspect of our lives.

I was telling him about the cute boy I just ran into, and she was teasing me saying I would start attending all of Matt’s games now that I have an ulterior motive.

 

The boys were onto their second half of the game by the time I got back to the field. Heading back to the seat on the benches, my eyes naturally found the boy in the number 10 jersey. “Kikwang” I muttered under my breath, his name is Kikwang.

Before I knew it, my attention was focused on him the whole game. Away from being the drop dead gorgeous cutie with the amazing smile, he was actually a great forward player. He had absolute control of the ball and made quick accurate passes to the players. It was a shame I was on the phone for so long and the match for today was over.

 

My eyes unintentionally continued to follow this boy by the name of Kikwang, when Matt came up to me.

“Hey Ash! Come here, I told you I wanted to let you meet someone” Matt gestured me to walk down to him.

“Doojoonie, this here is Jaeeunie”  Matt says pointing towards me.

“No way! She’s grown up to such a beautiful young lady.” the man in front of me exclaimed.

“I know right! Time flies, doesn’t it?” Matt sighs, followed by laughing at my confused expression. “You have no idea who he is, do you?”

“Not really… Have we met before?” I ask politely, looking at the man who seems to still be in shock.

“Aiii, our Jaeeunie use to run after me telling me she loved me more than her brother and now she doesn’t even remember who I am” the man jokingly teased.

“I did?!” I questioned, more confused than I initially was.

“Hahaha it’s normal for you not to remember, you were like three at the time. Do you remember that oppa you use kept missing when we first moved to Australia? The one who use to always bring you lollies and cookies? The one who would always give you piggy back rides?” Matt explains, trying to clear up my memory.

“Ah, Joonie oppa! Your chubby friend” I said and started to piece the puzzle together in my brain, before I could register, words were blurted out of my mouth “WOAH wait, you’re Joonie oppa?! How’d you get so hot?” I froze when I realized what I just said and both the guys in front of me burst out laughing.

“You know your Joonie oppa is now an idol here in Korea? His in a boyband called Highlight that’s super crazy popular here. He’s been called the national boyfriend, not the same chubby oppa you can run after and would give you snacks anymore” Matt teased.

“Hey hey, who said that? I’m the same guy, changed a little externally, but still our Jaeeunie’s favourite oppa right?!  I’ll take her for coffee any day!” He said with a smile.

 

Despite not seeing him for almost 20 years and would have never recognized him if we met on the streets, everything felt familiar like it was back when I was a kid. He was like another oppa to me. He was almost at our house every day after Matthew finished school. They would let me tag along when they went to play soccer or went to the park! I remember chasing after him for piggy backs after we played and often fell asleep in his arms. He was like a family member I almost forgot about, but now that we’re reunited, everything feels the same.

 

“I still can’t believe how grown up you are! You were a baby when I last saw you and even the last time Minhan showed me a picture, you were still in highschool! Come here, give your Joonie oppa a hug” He said arms wild and I happily walked into his arms.

 

Kikwang POV

I looked around the field to try and find Doojoon and saw a familiar face in his arms. Various thoughts lingered in my head while I stared at the trio. Minhan hyung looked lovingly at the girl, Doojoon had her in his embrace, and all three of them were laughing. I guess Doojoon is quite close to Minhan’s girlfriend.

Curious and rather annoyed, I approached the trio just when Doojoon was breaking out of the hug.

 

“Yah Doojoon-ah” I yelled from afar, causing the trio to all turn towards me. “Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something” I said walking towards them.

“Ah Kikwangie, come join us! Let me introduce you to someone” Doojoon chirped, pulling me into the circle.

“This is my little sister, Kim Jaeeun. She’s recently moved from Australia to stay with me” Minhan introduced.

Without realizing, the weight I was carrying seemed to have disappeared and I happily introduced myself. “Ah, nice to meet you Jaeeun-ssi. I’m Lee Kikwang”

“Kikwang is my fellow member. We’re in the same boyband I was talking about before.” Doojoon explained and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Ahh, so you’re both celebrities. Wow that’s so cool” She exclaimed, and I found the surprised expression on her face very adorable.

 

I didn’t end up saying much while the trio spoke about stories of the present and past. Although I didn’t actively participate in the conversation, I felt like I was learning bits about this girl in front of me. Her outgoing and friendly personality was very refreshing. She also stumped every few sentences trying to figure out how to say something, or would turn straight to Minhan and ask what a specific word would be in Korean causing everyone to laugh at her silly antics.

 

Subconsciously, I drove with a smile all the way home. Even Doojoon noticed the silly smile on my face and questioned what I was smiling at.

“Nothing much. Just happy I beat you in tonight’s match! Lunch is on you tomorrow” I said, slightly embarrassed by how carried away I am.

“You guys were just lucky tonight! Let’s see how we go next match. I’m upping the bet and adding a finger flick next match” Doojoon growled and I laughed at our leader’s immature and competitive nature