Stargaze

Starry Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you know where we are?"

"Yes!" Looking down at the phone and every option available while looking at a big map of all the available roads to take, Irene answers the girl driving.  "Well, I may be a little lost.."

"Mom are we there yet?" The little girl asks her mother, for the tenth time that day.

"Not yet sweetie, just a little more okay?" Irene answers her daughter and turns to look at Wendy driving the three of them on their very first trip as a family.

They have been planning this trip for quite a while, they wanted to bring Yeri to their first real stargazing and camping trip. Irene loved camping and looking at the stars, they used to do this a lot back when they were dating, unfortunately they never went outside from their own gardens while doing so, but now with a new addition to their little date they wanted to level it up more and go for a real experience camping at a new place.

It wasn't that far away from their home, maybe a litte more than 3 hours. Wendy found it online and thought it would be a good idea to have as a family memory, but now thanks to her wife (who really can't understand technology a lot, clicking everything on the map app causing them to get a little lost) they didn't know where they were.

"You know, I thought because you couldn't drive you would at least, I don't know, help me navigate but I guess that's impossible for you too, huh?" Wendy threw a smirk at her wife at the side, going back to watch the road quickly, safety first.

"Now don't get sassy with me Son Seungwan."  Irene gave up on the phone, pouting and leaving it on her lap. 

"Are we lost?" The six year old girl at the back turned to look at her mom, a worried look plastered on her face.

"No, we're not sweetie, don't worry" Irene tried giving her best reasurring smile to her daughter.

"No, we just don't know where we are" Wendy snorted, still having a little fun in teasing Irene (How can someone not know how to use the maps app?).

"Are we?" The little girl opened her eyes to look from her mother to her mommy, waiting for an answer.

"Now stop that Wendy!" Irene slapped her wife's arms, and trying to calm her daughter that looked like she was about to cry.

"I'm joking Yeri, we're okay" Wendy looked from the rearview at her daughter and gave her a smile, then turning to Irene to whisper "But we're stopping to check where we are." 

"I think we can stop by the next restaurant on the road and get some food" Irene looked at the clock on the car, thinking it was time her daughter got hungry.

"Yeri baby, can you lend me my phone?" Wendy said, making a turn and stopping right in front of a restaurant.

"But I'm about to set a new record..." Yeri pouted and kept playing with her mommy's phone, not even sparing a glance at her.

"Yeah but your mommy needs the phone right now Yeri " Irene unfastened her seat belt and began getting everything necessary, like her bag and Yeri's sweater.

"Ugh, you made me lose" Pouting, the girl reluctantly gave the phone back to Wendy, trying to get rid off her seat belt herself and failing to do so.

While Irene got out of the car and opened the door to the back seats to help her daughter and put a sweater on her too, Wendy checked the map app on her phone. "Aha!" The woman exclaimed. "We're not that far if we take the next exit a few miles from here."

“That’s good then.”

“Yeah, don’t think you’re off the hook with that” Wendy got out of the car and circled it, coming at the back where Irene was helping her daughter zip her sweater so she wouldn’t be cold. “I have a lot to tease you with now”.

“Please, it wasn’t that bad.” Irene finished her work on Yeri and held her hand, ready to walk towards the restaurant’s entrance. “You said so yourself, we’re not that far”

“Mom, I need to pee” Yeri held Irene’s shirt to make the older focus on her instead of her mommy.

“Let’s go to the bathroom then” 

“I’ll look for a table meanwhile” Wendy semi-screamed, watching Irene and her daughter run with their hands clasped and hearing a faint ‘Hold it in, we’re close!’.

Wendy entered the restaurant and sat on one of the tables next to the big window. The place seemed kind of lonely, apart from one table where a man was sitting there eating, and some waitresses going around, ‘maybe there’s not a lot of people at this hour on this route’, Wendy thought.

While looking outside by the window in look of her wife and daughter currently at the restroom, a woman appeared seemingly out of no where, making Wendy jump a little.

“Welcome! Here’s the menu and I’ll come back in a few to take your order”

The blonde woman, who seemed to be a waitress by the looks of the uniform she was wearing, went back to the kitchen, leaving Wendy alone to read the menu in front.

While Wendy thought the woman was way too excited and found it kind of weird, she shrugged and started reading the menu and chosing all the plates for her family so they wouldn’t need to wait too much and be back on the road soon, before it got too dark.

The waitress (‘Nayoung’, Wendy read it on the name tag she was currently wearing) came back with a notepad to take her order.

“What will you be having, ma’am?” The girl smiled too big, making Wendy return the smile, even if it felt awkward for her.

“Uh, Can you get me 2 burgers and one chicken salad?” Wendy said, still scanning the menu.

“Wow, hungry are we?” The girl, Nayoung said, moving her eyebrows up and placing a smirk on her face.

That got a blush out of Wendy, who quickly explained it wasn’t all for her. “No, no, I’m not eating all of it!”

“Ah, and here I was thinking you might want company” Nayoung pouted playfully, making Wendy stammer on her words. Was this person really openly flirting with her? “I guess you’re on a trip with friends?”

“Ah, not really, you see I’m on a trip with my family”

“With the pops? I didn’t know there was so much to do around here with the family”

“No, not my parents, I mean-“

Wendy was cut off suddenly by Irene, sitting next to her and planting a kiss on her cheek. “I’m back, babe”

“Gross!” Yeri exclaimed, getting on the chair opposite them. “Mommy you’re all red now”.

A look of realization crossed on Nayoung’s face and she apologized immediately, saying that their orders would be out quickly and excused herself to leave them alone.

“What was that?” Wendy whispered to Irene, once she got her phone out and gave it to Yeri, who wanted to see if s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter