So Much Trust for a Stranger

Drawn to be Locked

 

"Okay.. Now where to?” Jihoon sighed, his heart starting to race. He’s not used to going to big places where he can actually get lost. It’s not that he’s scared. He just really doesn’t like doing the unusual. He feels like what his routine is always perfect the way it is. Change is inevitable, but it will always feels like garbage. Like the way I’m feeling right now. Where the hell is Soonyoung?

 

An idea came into his mind. Jihoon took his phone out, looking for his best friend’s Instagram account. He’s pretty sure Soonyoung’s already posted plenty of pictures for him to be found. Jihoon, on the other hand, doesn’t like social media that much. Soonyoung just forced him into creating his Instagram. Well, didn’t know this account would actually come out handy.

 

He spotted a few pictures posted by Soonyoung provided with locations on them. Pandemonium, Seoul. The post said.

 

“Soonyoung’s dealing with demons now?” Jihoon slung his bag behind him, inputting the location. He sighed when he read ‘walking distance’. Wth, why can’t I just ride a bus or some ? He started taking quick steps, following the directions his phone was giving him. As he was walking on the sidewalk, he noticed there aren’t that much people in the street for a big city. I guess 8:30’s pretty late for people to still go around places.

 

He crossed the road, following the pedestrian lane his phone kept on repeating to him.

 

“Why the hell am I not there yet? Walking distance my .” He clicked his tongue but almost jumped when he heard a voice behind him.

 

“Having a hard time, gorgeous?” Jihoon tilted his head to the direction of the voice and saw a tall guy; probably in his mid 20’s, on a motorcycle. He realized what the man called him. “G..gorgeous?” Jihoon checked to see if anyone was behind him.

 

“Me?” He asked with a voice almost sounding like a whimper. Who goes around the street calling people names so forwardly like that? Are people in big places always that confident?

 

The tall guy nodded, chuckling. The guy was looking at his features, from head to toe. Is this ert checking me out? Jihoon shook the thought away, proceeding to squint at the man without a helmet.

 

“Do you know a place called Pandemonium? It’s around here somewhere.” Jihoon ignored the way the guy was looking at him — as if he was mesmerized by Jihoon.

 

“Oh the club! I’m on my way there! I’ll give you a ride if you want.” The strange man beamed up, nodding at Jihoon. Cars were already lining up before the traffic light and there were only 5 seconds before they kick accelerate.

 

Jihoon kept staring at the man. “What if you take me somewhere else? Why would I ride someone’s motorcycle when I only met them?” He spoke louder this time as cars started honking at him. He just realized he had a conversation in the middle of a busy road.

 

“Oh God, you could get hurt right where you are. Just hop on! I won’t hurt you or anything, I swear on my life!” The guy started to panic. He went closer to Jihoon as the light was about to flash green.

 

Jihoon feels like he doesn’t have a choice anymore. His situation was literally a ‘Ride or Die’ situation. Jihoon groaned and straddled the back of the seat quickly, just in time the cars started moving. He let out a sigh of relief. Holy , I could’ve died.

 

“Hold on to me!” The guy shouted, slightly turning to Jihoon but keeping his eyes on the road. Jihoon didn’t want to hold on to the guy but he let out a scream. 

 

The bike seemed more of a death than his situation earlier. He could not feel his face anymore and immediately wrapped his arms around the man’s waist. His heart raced faster; which he did not think was still even possible with his current position.

 

“What the are you doing! Are you insane?!” Jihoon screamed into the stranger’s ear.

 

The guy, being so sly, only laughed. “I’m sorry, gorgeous, being slow is for !” Jihoon rolled his eyes as he heard what the man said. 

 

He felt like he was gonna fall off if he moved one bit on the seat. He rested his head against the stranger's back tightly, his fists balling into the cloth of the said stranger's shirt. Jihoon heard an awkward cough. He realized he still has his arms wrapped around the stranger tightly. Feeling so much weirdness, he put his hands away, luckily not tripping at the way he got off the bike. They stopped in front of a place where people are lined up. 

 

“U..um. Sorry. And thank you.” Jihoon paused. “And sorry again. For thinking that you were gonna kidnap me or take me to your place or something.” He continued, mostly mumbling the rest of the statement.

 

The stranger laughed softly. “It’s fine, I totally understand. I’m Mingyu, by the way.” The stranger brought out his hand to shake Jihoon’s. The smaller took the hand and shook it back. “And I actually considered taking you to my place already.” Mingyu winked.

 

Jihoon pulled his hand away and glared at the Mingyu guy. The hell’s wrong with this dude? He scoffed, “Wow, you really are a ert.” He turned around, making his way to the end of the long line.

 

“Wait wait! I’m sorry, I just really think you’re cute.” Mingyu screamed over, making Jihoon stop in his tracks. Nobody’s been this so forward with him. Especially a guy. Who is actually quite hot.

 

“Then maybe you should just say I’m cute and not say it like you’re gonna me or something like it.” Jihoon turned around, his eyes still in a glare. “And how the hell do I get in here?” He was trying to maintain his posture but his foot stomped on the ground, making Mingyu chuckle. Wow. Now that’s adorable.

 

Mingyu walked over to Jihoon, grabbing his arm gently. “Come with me I know a way.” The taller started leading the way, not giving Jihoon a chance to reply. Jihoon ignored the grip and just followed. He walked over to a black door at the side of the building and opened it as two bouncers greeted him. “Welcome back, Mr. Kim.”

 

Mingyu nodded. “Let this guy in. He’s a VIP and he’s with me.” The two huge guys nodded, opened the door for the duo, letting them in freely. Jihoon stared at Mingyu suspiciously, squinting.

 

“What. Are you like the owner of this club?” Jihoon’s jaw dropped, his eyes on the taller as they were still walking fast paced. It has been a weird day for him. They didn't even ask for his ID. “No, cutie. It’s my friend’s. But I get in easily. People know me here.” Mingyu stopped walking as they approaches the horde of people dancing to the beat of the music. The place was actually huge. Not as suffocating as Jihoon expected.

 

“I guess this is you, beautiful. I need to go to my friends. Unless you wanna meet them as well?” Mingyu offered kindly. Jihoon noticed the taller’s hair falling to his forehead. And the buttoned up shirt’s sleeves slightly tight around his toned muscles.

 

Jihoon swallowed dryly. Shaking his head, his eyes still on Mingyu’s biceps. “Oh. Uh. No, thanks. And thank you for taking me here. Would’ve waited in the long line if it weren’t because of your help.” He forced himself to look into Mingyu’s eyes.

 

“Like what you see?” Mingyu smirked as Jihoon’s eyes widened. “No problem, cutie. I’ll see you around here for sure.” He winked at Jihoon. Jihoon on the other hand nodded, walking away. I need to find Soon before I explode.

 

 

 


  orn

 

 

 

Jihoon finally decided to go into battle. Okay. Breathe, Jihoon. Breathe. Those sticky bodies won't be the death of you. He took a deep breath and went for it.

 

He didn't think stepping into the wild dancing bodies was this wild.

 

He was almost pushed against other people. Jihoon thought that the only way to not die on the dance floor is to go along with it. He was starting feel the music, blasting and filling his ears. A weird vibe was beginning to rush along his veins and his feet were making steps, following the beat. He was dancing. His head was bobbing and he started looking around. Hm. It's a long night. I'll find Kwon in a heartbeat. 

 

As the smol bean let himself go, he was raisin his hands, rocking his head from side to side. He has never done this before, nor has he been in any clubs and this is the first time he has felt so free. Some people were already watching him in awe. How could an adorable smol fairy dance that well? Most of them staring were guys and they wanted to get closer to him.

 

He was laughing, mostly smirking, as he watched people watch him.

 

 

 


  orn

 

 

 

Soonyoung and Seokmin were already on the dance floor. Being used to the looks people were giving them for being such godly human beings, they did not mind the eyes as they danced to the beat. Soonyoung was wearing an eyeliner, highlighting his eyes and darkening his image. 

 

"Seokmin, I need a drink! I'll be right back!" He shouted against his dancing partner slash friend's ear. Seokmin nodded, shooing him away as he turned to the other side, mingling with other strangers.

 

Soonyoung went to the bar. " A shot of tequila!" The bartender went into working as Soonyoung turned to the dance floor. He realized there weren't that much people today. Everyone was either dancing against each other or making out with each other. His drink arrived and drank it all as it came in contact with his hand. 

 

Soonyoung made a 'wooh' sound, about to head back to the music but his eyes wandered to a familiar shiny hair.

 

"No, that can't be." He told himself. He then heard guys heading into the bar talking about the guy stealing everyone's attention. "I would totally smash that fairy-looking, cutie." He heard.

 


  Fairy? 

 

Soonyoung headed for the group, not caring how many people he already pushed out of the way. He kept walking until he reached the front of the imaginary stage the guy created.

 

Jihoon

 

His eyes ran over his best friend swaying his hips from side to side, appearing flexible as he was dancing, And it sent shivers done his spine. Jihoon's hair was sticking to his face, sweat already running down. It looked like the liquid was seducing Soonyoung. His jaw was still dropped, watching the guy he's loved for years dancing. And he has never imagined this happening. Except for his daydreams.

 


  This must be a dream.

 

Soonyoung looked around and saw hungry eyes watching his Jihoon. Knowing the people in the club, the looks they were giving him always lead tosomething else. People who will get near his best friend could lead to touching, communication, what more? Jihoon's attention? What the hell is Jihoon here anyway?

 

He got frustrated and walked over the dancer, eyes flaring. He grabbed Jihoon's arm, forcing himself not to pay mind to the feeling his best friend's dance gave him. He gripped the shorter's arms tightly pulling him away from the dance floor. He didn't care that people started screaming at him, complaining because of his actions.

 

Jihoon, yelped, feeling pain around his arm as he was dragged away from the attention.

 

"Ow! What the ?!"Jihoon screamed at the person. Not clearly seeing the guy's face. 

 

"Ji." Jihoon's eyes widened, silencing him. Soonyoung.

 

"Jihoon, what are you doing here?" Jihoon has never seen Soonyoung this way before. Angry, stern. "I asked you. What the hell are you doing here?" Soonyoung was beginning to raise his voice. Jihoon couldn't utter another word. He has never once has apologized to Soonyoung before. This has been the biggest problem they've had so far.

 

"Soon-" Jihoon started but was quickly cut off.

 

"You're a ing minor, for crying out loud! You don't know what other people might do to you if you steal their attention that way!" Soonyoung started to shout, making Jihoon flinch. The way his best friend flinched reminded him of what happened a while ago when they were still at home. He felt pain striking his heart, as the memory flashed through his mind.

 

Soonyoung started dragging Jihoon somewhere, his grip not loosening around the younger's arm. Jihoon kept quiet. People were starting to ook at them. As he was being dragged away, he spotted Mingyu, looking at him. Mingyu was about to approach but Jihoon shook his head no. Soonyoung spotted the nearest door to make their way outside. 

 

Soonyoung already let go of Jihoon, as silence surround them. There are no people to watch them or listen to them.

 

"Is this another way of hurting me, Ji?" Soonyoung's  eyebrows were furrowed, pursing his lips  as the last word left his mouth.

 

"W...what do you mean?" Jihoon was clueless of the accusation.

 

"Is this your way of torturing me, knowing I have been in love with you a long time ago, huh?" Soonyoung's voice was getting louder again.

 

"Soon, what are you talking about?" Jihoon couldn't move. Kwon Soonyoung, his best friend has been in love with him? And he never had a clue? Why is he so angry? Please don't shout. Don't scream at me, Soon. Please.

 

"Don't 'Soon' me. You're doing this to hurt me more and more!" Soonyoung snapped.

 

"NO!" Jihoon finally exploded, startling Soonyoung. "Stop it!" Realizing he raced his voice, tears started welling up his eyes. He could not contain it any longer.

 

"I came here to apologize! And you, among people, dare tell me that I've been hurting you!"  Jihoon started screaming, tears falling. Soonyoung saw this and immediately softened. How could he ever scream at Jihoon? He felt guilt rush through him.

 

"Ji you don't-"

 

"No. I would never do that to you. I never knew anything, okay?!" He continued. "I broke up with Seora. Soon, I'm..." Jihoon could not say the word. 

 

"You're what?" Soonyoung started taking steps closer to the younger, who looked really broken.

 

Jihoon looked up, staring into Soonyoung's eyes. "Soon, I'm gay." Jihoon, broke into a sob, signalling Soonyoung to take him into his arms. 

 

Soonyoung immediately took action, Jihoon started sobbing against his chest, wetting his shirt. He could not believe his ears. Jihoon is gay. That's he responded that way to their kiss. Jihoon is gay. Like him.

 

It hurt that the way Jihoon viewed his own situation was hurting himself. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Ji." Soonyoung kissed the younger at the top of his head, holding him tightly in his arms. Learning about what Jihoon told him sparked up something inside him. This means he has a chance,

 

Jihoon calmed down, looking up as the taller wiped his face gently. He started breathing peacefully, feeling better as Soonyoung gently touches him. He cannot thank him enough for everything.

 

"It's okay, Ji. I won't ever leave you. No matter what you are." Jihoon smiled at Soonyoung, noticing how wet his shirt is because of his tears. "Oh no. Look at your shirt." Jihoon patted on the area he messed up, hoping to help it dry up. Soonyoung, watching him, snickered at him.

 

Jihoon squinted at him. "What are you laughing for? ."

 

Soonyoung, seeing that they are still in the same position, made his heart race. Ah. Why do you have to be so cute every time? 

 

"Do you always think so loud?" Jihoon laughed, face flushed from the comment Soonyoung gave.

 

"W-what? I'm-" Soonyoung stammered. "You're just really adorable, you know. And when you smile... Ahhh. I don't know, Ji. I'm really gay as you know of." He ended with a sigh.

 

Jihoon felt so flattered, his face getting redder along with his ears. Soonyoung is being utterly sweet and he's not so used to this kind of friendship. He is very confused with what his heart is feeling. Why are you like this, Soon? He glanced at the older's face, showing bright red as he is. You're gonna melt me, Kwon Soonyoung.

 

Soonyoung realized his best friend was staring. The way Jihoon was looking at him reminded him of what happened earlier this morning. 

 

"Are you gonna kiss me again?" Soonyoung teased.

 

"Kiss you again?" Jihoon snorted in disbelief. "What did you just say?" Jihoon glared, remaining in position.

 

"Excuse me. You were the one who kissed me this morning." The older smirked at him, annoying Jihoon much more. He doesn't want to admit it, not wanting Soonyoung to  win. Well. Maybe I did kiss him. But that's just because his annoying gay handsome face was in the way.

 

"So you really think I'm handsome, then?" Soonyoung lit up as he heard Jihoon mumble those words. All of this is too much to take. And Jihoon thinks he's handsome.

 

"Shut up." Jihoon's eyes were starting to disappear, glaring harder, followed by his furrowing eyebrows. Soonyoung chuckled at his reaction and swallowing nervously.

 

"So.. Can you kiss me again?" Jihoon wasn't surprised with Soonyoung's request. But it was enough to send chills down his spine. The kiss from this morning flashed back into his mind, remembering how Soonyoung's lips felt; soft and moist. His heart rose once again. He knew he wants to kiss his best friend. But he does not know the reason why yet. 

 

"It wouldn't hurt to kiss you.. right?" Jihoon muttered, barely audible for Soonyoung to hear but enough for him to understand. Soonyoung was not really expecting Jihoon to want it to happen but he was hoping that he would.

 

"Uh.. I guess it will. A bit." Soonyoung was lucky his voice did not broke, for he really wants to get another taste of the younger's lips.

 

Soonyoung his own lips, staring deeply into Jihoon's eyes. He was not sure what's gonna happen between them, but it does not really care right now at all. All he can think about is how Jihoon actually responds to him like this. And that his best friend is happy -- he hopes.

 

Jihoon placed his hands on the taller's face, gently cupping his cheeks. His heart was beating faster and faster, not knowing why. He pulled Soonyoung down to his level, their lips, inches away.

 

Soonyoung let the younger do whatever he wants, leaning down as he was ordered, he pushed the hair falling on Jihoon's face away, smiling softly when his eyes widened slightly. Soonyoung waited for what was next. Jihoon was still staring at him, with his cheeks still held by the smaller.

 

"You know, you're too slow." Soonyoung closed the space between them, finally kissing Jihoon fully. Both of their lips started to move, Soonyoung tracing the back of the younger slowly. 

 

Jihoon let go what his best friend just said, his eyes closing, feeling Soonyoung's lips against his. He felt so nice, freely kissing someone, feeling freedom. He leaned deeper, toes standing on the ground.

 

They were getting really into their session when they heard a loud scream.

 

"Oi! What are you doing with my gorgeous?!" They were both startled, looking to where the voice was coming from. 

 

"Mingyu?" Both of them said in unison.

 

They both looked at each other. "Wait, you know him?!" They said in unison once again.