halt the mothership, and its surroundings

Paralysis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything and everyone had suddenly stopped, and there was no sign of noise – not even the singing of the birds, nor the movement of their own feathers.

The car crash on 5th Avenue that was about to end the lives of the people involved remained like a front page worthy picture. The rubber wheels of CEO Wu Yifan’s luxury car were making pressure to try not to collide against the SUV containing five children and their desperate father Kim Junmyeon, who had done her best to dodge the businessman in the other car. Both vehicles had certainly stopped, just as the other thousand million of the entire continent did.

In that peculiar halt is how the half-demolished old hotel building across Central Park stood. The government had commanded its demolition under the charge engineer Kim Minseok, because of the danger that the building implied and the trustworthy of the man’s work – so it froze with the activated explosives on the ground floor already doing their job, and the building remained with its bent structures as if it were a slightly smashed paperboard model with some debris surrounding it like ornamental chips.

In several points of all the cities, the public transports stood still as well. There was no mishap in any of the motors, but not a single vehicle could move at all. The air conditioning also had stopped, making every single soul feel suffocated inside, because in the middle of that quiet and steady disaster, every healthy heart kept beating and every brain kept working, all of them aware of the terrible circumstances.

Bus driver Park Chanyeol had been listening to students Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin chatting with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter