ep six

The Way She Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ep six

ROSE.

"What just happened back there?" Jennie said with both eyes so wide still not believing what had occured.

She was panting hard since we basically ran outside.

I couldn't compose a sentence, I was just too nervous to explain why I pretended to be her girlfriend back there. 

I couldn't convince an explanation for myself either. I only remember the irritating feeling I felt when I saw Scott all over Jennie. It worsen when I saw Jennie didn't like it and she was suffocating from his touches.

I couldn't bear to watch any longer, so I wanted to help,I initially had a sane plan sketched out in my head where I'll be pretending to be her drunk friend who needed sober assistance but as I was drinking the last shot from my drink, hoping to unleash my untamed self, I  directly went towards the scene, my mind just flipped and the last thing I knew that I was nervously grabbing her waist and spitted the word babe, which really didn't help the situation we were in.

More or less, I'm just thankful that Jennie is out of the hands of Scott, and thankfully she went to the flow of my acting back there or else I was screwed for life.

"Care for an explanation?" Jennie straightened her stance with arms crossed, wanting some valid explanation of the crazy act I did.

"Well, you see, it wasn't the rescue scenario that I had actually planned." I stammered so hard, not really knowing how will this explanation clean my conscience."I-I'm just sorry if you got offended from what I did. I was just caught up, but I swear I have the full intention to save you from him, since I saw your disgusted face I immediately took it as a signal.I-I'm sorry..." I lowered my head, that explanation was more pointless than I thought it would be.

"Hey" I begin to feel a warm being moving closer, and a hand raised my chin up and I was able to meet Jennie's glowing face under the moonlight. She was glittering, I forgot how she gets even more beautiful up close, I got reminded why I have a crazy crush on her.

She just ruins my entire system everytime we touch. I tried not to give an obvious flushed reaction since we are closely facing each other.

"Thank you for saving me back there. " She said with a gentle but genuine tone. "You have nothing to be sorry about, I know you had a good intention back there." she continued her kind words as she placed her hand in my shoulders patting it slowly.

My armpits started sweating again. 

"Are you not upset or something?" I asked, trying to check if she's really not mad at me. She shook her head so cutely I was going to melt.

"Why would I? You just saved me from a maniac. Let's just forget all the drama that had happened. Okay?" She flashed her gummy smile.

I don't think I don't wanna forget the fact the you became my girlfriend for a few minutes though. I wish I could just freely say that, but you know what they say, some thoughts are better kept hidden.

So I simply just nodded.

"I owe you one." She winked. 

Jennie, your wink should be illegal, I feel like dying from it. I thought.

I kept my cool, and thought of a bright idea.

"You know what, if you're really that grateful, why don't you give me a tour of the city as you promised?" I said with a demanding tone.

She snapped a smile, "A tour? No biggie." she winked again.

She wants me dead, alright.

We didn't waste any second and rushed into her car and drove off. We left a voice mail for Jisoo and Samuel explaining what had happened and telling them that Jennie's gonna give me a tour of the city and they shouldn't be worried since we're just half tipsy from the drinks. 

It was already 6:10 PM when Jennie dropped us off in a harbour-like area.

It was beautiful. A scenery not knowing I've been longing for a long time since I left Melbourne.

"Where are we?" I asked with curiosity. "This is the Darling Harbour, a famous spot to visit here in Sydney."

There are hundreds of yatches arranged in the bay, and the wooden dock was just so aesthetically pleasing.

I felt the warm sea breeze caressing through my skin, it was a breathe of fresh air for me.

"Obviously, you're not enjoying this too much." I noted the sarcasm on her tone, and I left out a giggle.

"I'm always fond of the outdoors. I feel like I can be big as the world can be." I expressed.

"Glad I chose the right spot." I saw her smile satisfyingly and that made blush. "Glad I chose the right tour guide." And I tried winking at her hoping it wouldn't be as awkward everytime I practiced it in the mirror. 

But when I saw her gummy smile again, I knew she felt that wink of mine. 

I wanted to hold her hand so bad but my fantasizing was disturbed when my stomach started growling.

I totally forgot dinner. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter