Sunday Morning

Trapped In Paradise

 

09:30am

Sunggyu laid Young Mi down on the bed, as he went to get the first aid kit.

 

He walked back into the room and Young Mi was ready to sleep soon.

 

"Princess, I have to treat your wounds first." He whispered to her.

 

Young Mi nodded her head and slowly sat up. "Ummm... Do you have clothes to loan me? It'll be easier to treat the bruises on my stomach if I'm not wearing a dress." She murmured softly.

 

Sunggyu flinched at her words, but recovered and went to grab her some clothes they had saved in this place. He handed them to her and pointed to the bathroom.

 

Young Mi changed quickly and discarded the dress, trudging back out in Sunggyu's shirt and boxers.

 

When she approached the bed to sit in front of him, he could really take in all the changes that she went through.

 

He could see firsthand, how skinny she had gotten, how her curves shrank, and how frail she looked. Guilt crossed his features as she sat in front of him waiting.

 

"Mianhae. Jeongmal Mianhae." He whispered as he cleaned some scratches from her mother's nails.

 

"Aniyo, Gwenchana. At least you're here now." She whispered back to him.

 

He continued to clean up the wounds and bandaged them up. He rubbed ointment on the bruises on her arms as gently as he could.

 

She looked so fragile, like she would break if he so much as hugged her too tightly.

 

She closed her eyes, embarrassed when she had to lift up her shirt partly for him to put ointment on her stomach to treat the bruises there. Both of their faces grew red but Sunggyu treated those ones quickly so Young Mi could lower her shirt faster.

 

It didn't escape Sunggyu that her ribs were showing through. He put the first aid kit away and sat next to her as she lied on the bed.

 

"Rest, princess. I promise I'll be here when you wake up." Sunggyu assured her, brushing his fingers against her cheek.

 

Young Mi responded by nodding her head and curling up into a ball, hugging her pillow.

 

She fell into a deep sleep, finally able to rest peacefully.

 

"I'm sorry, love. Truly sorry. I don't deserve your forgiveness so easily. I let someone come between us, when I could have been with you sooner.." Sunggyu murmured to her sleeping body.

 

"Hyung, don't beat yourself up about it. Any of us would have listened to Woollim, we were made to be obedient." Myungsoo walked into the room.

 

"She's safe now, and that's what matters. You're here with her now. Take advantage of the time of peace. Because soon we will need to come up with a plan to make sure she can stay here forever." He said, placing a hand on Sunggyu's shoulder.

 

"I know, but Myungsoo, look at her, look how frail she has become. And how fragile. It's all because we left..." Sunggyu's voice breaking.

 

"So we will just have to cook good food for her everyday. And help her get fat on her body again." Myungsoo said optimistically.

 

"Hyung, please just take this opportunity to be happy with Young Mi, you know you love her. And she never forgot about you, she's still wearing the feather you gave her." Myungsoo pointed at the necklace.

 

Sunggyu let out a sigh, "Okay, I'll try. But guilt eats at me..." 

 

"And that's the price we pay for leaving her. There is still a consequence, just remember when she looked like this, and never let it happen again." Myungsoo told him.

 

"Arasseo, Myungsoo. Sometimes when you're so wise, it seems like you're the older one." Sunggyu said chuckling.

 

"I know Hyung, but it's only because I can watch people." Myungsoo said dismissively before leaving the room.

 

05:40pm

Young Mi's eyes scrunched together right before she opened them. The first thing she saw was Sunggyu waiting for her to wake up.

 

"Sleep well, princess?" Sunggyu asked her.

 

Forgetting where she was for a second, Young Mi sat up and stretched her arms high above her head, the shirt lifting up a little.

Sunggyu looked away as to not be rude.

 

"Yes, I had a nice sleep." She said, putting her arms down.

 

She opened her fully awake eyes and looked at Sunggyu, "Omo!" realizing what she just did, she threw the blanket over her head and hid her embarrassment.

 

Sunggyu just chuckled as he moved the blanket away and had her stand his feet, one arm around her waist, his other hand intertwined with hers.

 

"Sunday morning, rain is falling,

Steal some covers, shed some skin,

Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable

You twist to fit the mold that I am in.." Sunggyu sings softly as he dances with Young Mi.

 

Her head resting on his chest, she can hear his heart beat, it's irregular since he's a fallen angel, but it's beating fast.

 

"But things just get crazy, living life gets hard to do

And I would gladly the road, get up and go if I knew

That someday it would lead me back to you

That someday it would lead me back to you."

 

Sunggyu continued to spin Young Mi around the room slowly, while he sang.

 

"Oppa," She called quietly.

 

"Hmm, yes, love?" He answered.

 

Young Mi turned her head to face him, "I love you." She said.

 

"As I love you. More so than you do in fact." Sunggyu said, completely serious.

 

Young Mi giggled, "Arasseo, think whatever you want." 

 

"I will. For now, let's stay like this." Sunggyu said, moving around the room slowly again.

 

"This may be all I need

In darkness, she is all I see

Come and rest your bones with me

Driving slow on sunday morning

And I never want to leave."

 

Author's Note:
See... @VelAngela.. SUPER IRONIC.
LIKE I JUST FINISHED THIS CHAPTER.
And then, i got on and saw your comment :O
Anyway, this is the song, sunday morning by maroon 5 ;D
I prefer the acoustic because it's even more relaxing than the original :D
don't expect this to be the last time Sunggyu sings to her~ <3
hehe :3 I want to see use his voice :D

 

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVED<3