Tensed.

A long nightmare

A week later.

It was a total chaos backstage as coordi noonas, managers, stage managers and event managers ran around them in a haze to make sure last minute precautions were taken. Jimin quickly slipped into his stage costume and shoes. He ran his mind through all of the details and stage performances to make sure he remembered everything. But honestly, he was just trying to keep his mind busy from panicking. The conversation he had with Bang PDnim echoed in his mind as he struggled to get his coat on.

Jiminah, dont worry, he had said, We'll take care of everything. We've already notified all the security and updated them and taken the necessary safety precautions. You just focus on your stage.

And that's exactly what he was gonna do. He closed his eyes and pushed everything to the back of his mind and took a shaky breath as is fingers continued to nervously struggle to get his in ear around his neck.

"Here, let me help." He opened his eyes to find Namjoon take his in ear from his fumbling hands and quietly arranged it in place and pulled the cord around him. "Jimin, look at me." 

He couldn't look up from where he had been staring holes into the floor, afraid to look up and give his fear away. He flinched slightly as felt his leader's steady hands cup his face and willed him to look at him. He found calm brown eyes looking back at him. 

He just simply looked. Looked as if he was trying to pour his strength and comfort into the younger boy. "You'll be okay." He said. 

And the next thing he knew, he was being ushered to take their places backstage as the prologue VR began to play on the stage. He heard defeaning applause. For the first time since their debut, Jimin couldn't bring himself to smile as he heard ARMY's cheering for them.

Taehyung slipped a comforting hand across his shoulders and pulled him into a side hug. Eyes speaking volumes. 

"Go! Go!" Their in-ears crackled with instructions. Jimin took a deep breath and ran onto the stage to greet their fans, Taehyung and Jungkook beside him providing him comfort. 

 

 

Everyone was panting heavily as they hurried down the stairs and backstage to prepare for their next set. Jimin felt better, ARMY like always had made him happier and he felt his anxiousness fade away halfway through their first song. Now it was time for their solo stages. 

They all collapsed into chairs, grabbing water bottles as makeup artists crowded around them with hair dryers and tissues. Everyone relaxed for a minute, except Jungkook who would be opening their solo stages with Begin. 

"Jungkook-ssi, remember to stand at least 3 meters away from the fireworsks, all right? We have installed new ones near th....." The rest of the instructions faded into incoherent chatter as the stage technician kept on reminded Jungkook about the new installments. Jimin glanced at the boy who was now struggling to get into his new stage costume, sweat dripping from his forehead. Jimin quickly got up and dabbed a tissue, wiping away the sweat from his face. Jungkook smiled gratefully at him and darted through the changing room. 

Two minutes later, they heard Begin streaming from the speakers and the crowd roaring. "Our magnaee! Look at that footwork, isn't he good!" Jhope yelled appreciatively as they all monitored his stage through the small screen backstage. Jimin felt a hand slip around his waist, he turned to find Taehyung peering at him with a concerned gaze. 

"Are you okay?" He asked as he searched Jimin's face for signs of discomfort.

Jimin smiled at his friend and nodded. Truthfully, everything was numb. He wasn't nervous but yet there was a feeling of great discomfort deep in his stomach that he quite couldn't settle. 

"You're doing great, it'll all be over very soon all right?" Taehyung muttered against his ear as he pulled him into a half hug. Jimin allowed himself to sink into his warm embrace for a second and then pulled apart to prepare for his next solo stage. 

He quickly changed into his next stage costume for Lie, a deep V neck silk shirt with ribbons attatched at it's sleeves. As he slipped into it, he caught a sight of himself in the mirror. He brushed his hair back and stared at his reflexion. He frowned as the V cut was deeper than usual, almost extending all the way to his midriff, exposing most of his chest ending right above his neck. Suddenly an image of a pig bleeding from it's mouth flashed in front of his eyes. He stiffened. 

"Yaaaaahh! When did our Jiminie turn all y!?" Jin's voice cut through his tortured mind and he pulled himself out of a daze and turned around to see Jin looking at him appreciatively. Jhope joined them and whistled appreciatively, "When did our Jiminie turn into a man?" He asked gapimg at him in mock surprise, a smile tugging at his mouth. 

Jimin chuckled and pushed him slightly, "Stop hyuuung!" He brushed aside the gruesome images in his head and felt a blush creep up his neck. 

"Jimin-ssi, you're up next. Please hurry to the stage." A voice cackled in his in ear. Jimin nodded at his hyungs and ran towards the stage just as the last verse of Jungkook's begin ended. He hurried into his position and watched as Jungkook finished a series of complicated quick footwork and ended the performance and the lights dimmed. He saw the younger duck and run backstage and clapped his shoulder as he ran past him.

Jimin grinned at him and ran out, eager to perform. 

He was using a microphone stand today instead of a microphone as usual. He quickly sent a quick thanks to Bang PD who made the switch to lessen the pressure on Jimin as he had to dance and sing, along with the whole twitter issue. 

He launched himself into the song and twisted and turned and dropped down low as began immersing himself into the music. With the first verse coming up, Jimin hurried forward and grabbed the mic. 

A burning, twisting kind of pain shot across his arm through his fingertips and he gasped out loud, hundreds of needles stabbing into his skin as he felt the tremor travel across his neck and through his body and felt himself fall. He Skkkrrtt….tink The last thing he registered were fluctuating bright lights as his eyelids fluttered close and a warm darkness enveloped him.