The Threat.

A long nightmare

26th March, 2017. 

Namjoon's POV.

The members were lounging around their hotel suite as they ate(or more like inhaled) food. Namjoon could hear the 95 line bickering over something trival, and he smiled inspite of himself. Shaking his head, "Taehyung-ah, Jimin-ah, my head hurts, keep it low" 

"Nae hyung!" Jimin said across the hall and the bickering quieted down to a series of limbs flailing with thuds on the carpeted floor. "Taehyung-ah, you're going to crack your head open." Namjoon heard Jin say as he watched the two from across where he perched on the sofa, a salad bowl balanced on his lap. Hoseok drapped across the other sofa as he went through something on his phone. No doubt watching choreography videos again.

"Let them, hyung. Maybe that'll knock some sense into their thick skulls" Yongi's voice shot out from under the jacket he had draped across his face as he laid on the couch.

"Hyung, how could you!" Tae wailed.

Chuckling, Namjoon returned his gaze to the book he held in his hand and scooped a big bite of yogurt into his mouth. The book, 'The Catcher in the Rye' had recently been occupying all of his free time. The main character was a very interestng one and the book spoke of teenage rebellion and frustrations as they grew up. 

A hand landed on his shoulder.

He looked up to find their manager, Sejin staring back at him with a grim expression, "Namjoon-ah, come with me outside for a minute?" He smiled at the rest of the members before locking eyes with the leader again.

Namjoon dropped his book and his cup of yogurt on the table and got up immediately. "Yeah, hyung." This can't be good.

 

He glanced at Suga who got up hearing their manager's unusually curt voice and threw him a thin lipped smile as he followed their manager out the lounge door and into the corridoor outside. His forehead creased, Sejin hyung seldom sounded so tense. Something had happened, he thought as they halted to a stop in the manager's room. His concerns solidified as he saw Bang PD sitting behind the table. 

He swallowed heavily and strode inside. Their manager closed the door behind them.

"Namjoon-ah, come sit." PDnim called to the leader assuringly, voice tense. Namjoon felt his insides churn. He never sounded nervous- only on ocasssions when the members were involved.  
"PDnim, what happened?" 

Sejin and Bang PD exchanged a quick glance. The concern wedged between them didn't escape Namjoon as his stomach churned uncomfortably and waited for them to speak.

"Listen to me carefully son," Bang shi Hyuk said, looking at the tall leader in front of him, his blonde hair and eyes wide reminding him of when he first debuted. "It's about Jimin." He said through pursed lips.

"Jimin?" Namjoon echoed. His tension kicking up a notch. Had he been having problems with Anorexia wihthout him knowing about it? Had he been taking his medication? He snapped his thoughts back to reality and focused on the matter.

"As you might know, there are some rumors going around twitter lately-" Namjoon nodded, "Nothing that I was bothered about as they were baseless comments from anti fans. But I asked the PR team to keep an eye on things just in case, and something has been bought into my attention." Bang Shi Hyuk continued.

"There have been some threats and it's much more serious than I thought"

"What kind of threats?" Namjoon visibly paled, remembering his past experiences from 2014.

Bang shi Hyuk looked him calmly in the eye, "Death threats. At first, I was only slightly concerned and increased the security detail around the team as you must've noticed-"

Namjoon nodded. Mind foggy.

"But then the security caught a young man and a woman with guns in today's arena. Don't worry, they weren't loaded, they were empty. But you do realize the seriousness of the issue, this has gotten way out of hand. I had them escorted off the arena immediately and handed off to the local polic....."

His PD's words trailed off into nothingness as his palms were calmy against his thighs and he felt a slight shiver pass through his neck and down his spine as the news sunk in. He jerked when he felt a cold hand press into the back of his neck.

"...mjoon-ah, are you still with us?" Bang shi Hyunk's face gazed kindly at the young boy. He shouldn't have been dealing with this, he thought as peered at the leader. "I know it's a lot to take in but I wouldn't have told you had it not been necessary and knowing that you can handle it."

Namjoon willed himself back into the present as he heard his PD speak. "Yes, PDnim, I can hear you.He said and hesitantly added, "Does Jimin know yet?" 

"Not yet," He breathed a sigh of relief. Jimin, least of them all, deserved this. He was an absolute angle, always smiling, always ready to lend an ear to hear out the member's concerns, always a warm comforting presence to the team. "I don't think it's a good idea telling him, especially in the middle of the tour. I need you to make sure that none of the members find out about this, I don't want them to worry. I've already taken the necessay precautions." Bang Shi Hyuk continued as he laid a comforting hand on the leader's shoulder. "I need you to keep the boys off twitter for a while, just until we're done with the next concert, understand?"

Namjoon nodded, taking a shaky breath. "Arasso, PDnim."

"All right, off you go. Don't worry son, everything will be alright. I just needed you to know as the leader. Namjoon stood and smiled grimly. He bowed and walked back to the lounge in a daze.

 

As soon as he was outside the room, he whipped his phone out. Opened twitter and started scrolling through the feed, going through different hashtags and his breath caught. There it was, glaring at him from inside the screen. Two guns, with a sign that said, 'We are ready, are you BTS?' Next to the guns was their wings poster, and Jimin's head marked with a bulls eye and a red cross. He scrolled further down and found another one. This time, a gruesome picture of a dead pig with blood flowing next to it, "The pig will die soon!"

Another one- a bloody hand with the hashtag 'salja'. He regretted clicking on it as soon as he saw the hundreds of retweets and similar photographs with daggered hand, blood dripping from its blade, a coffin with Jimin's photo hanging over it covered with flower wreaths--

"Namjoon-ah! There you are, I've been looking all over for yo-" Jin's voice shot out from his left, clearly startling Namjoon who fumbled and dropped his phone which went tumbling over to their odlest member's feet. "Hyung!" He exclaimed and scrambled to pick it up, but too late. Jin had already chuckled at his clumsiness and bent down to pick it up. 

Jin's grin faded as picked up his awakward dongaeng's phone, the bright screen catching his attention. His face paled as he gawked at the screen and scrolled through. He looked up at his leader with wide eyes and mouth slightly hanging open. "Namjoon-ah, what is this?" He whispered.

The leader could only look at him with a stony expression. "Come with me."