the closest and the godfather

The Interview
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Konjic-Bosnia & Herzegovina

December, 18th 2025

 

“so, I was quiet devastating at that time, being someone whose not good enough to be one of them. I knew the gaze that CEO Yang gave to me. I’m doom. It was such a memorable experience for me because that’s what makes me who I am today. Thanks for that the fire inside my heart fired up and the desperation that I had lead me to be a better person everyday”          

“you feel blessed for it?”

“correct, because that was just the beginning of my journey, the journey behind the reason why  right now you and I are sitting here”

“interesting, ok shall we begin then?”

“right away miss,”

“so, Seungri-shii  from where all of this begin and how you end up here?”

“straight to the point aren’t we? Hmmm… let me think of it…

 

August 19th, 2006

Olympic Gymnastic Arena, Seoul,

South Korea.

 

It was the most nerve wrecking time in my life, yes, my debut date as the member of BIGBANG. I was just a 16 years old boy from a small town who put a thick mask on my face so that I could keep my head held high and practicing like there’s no tomorrow despite all of the rejection that I received from  everyone just like what I told you before I could barely made my position in BIGBANG. I still remember it clearly in my head how my heart beat so fast. five of us were in waiting room, praying, practicing, it just so overwhelming, the feeling I had inside, finally after a long auditioning here and there then just in a minute I will be standing on the stage and makes my dreams come true. At the waiting room I could hear fans scream, it was YG Family concert so there’s a lot of peoples coming, I felt my legs weak but the adrenaline was so high.  

 

“BIGBANG please get ready, you’ll guys will coming up in 5 minute” the staff reminded us and we are hurried to the backstage and get ready, they light up the way because it was too dark for us to see, my hands trembling, I don’t even remember all the choreography, everything just blank but I don’t want to mess up cause this is what I’ve been waiting for, I don’t need anything else, I just need this. And then when the door open I could see the light, it goes straight to us, expose everything and then I hear screaming, a loud screaming, my breath hitched and my eyes got teary. I gulp my saliva, and then we do our formation waiting for the music to start, my eyes change to sharp and here we go…

 

 Short story the performance ended well and lots of people cheering for us, at the backstage CEO Yang, crews, and our seniors are ready to congratulate us. When we go backstage they give us a hug and encouragement well at least to jiyong, youngbae hyung, TOP hyung, and Daesung hyung.

Me? I was right in the corner try to catch my breath and smile awkwardly seeing they had a warm hug. I don’t mind though because I’m very delighted with our debut stage but then someone pat my shoulders and gave me a warm smile,

“good work seungri-ah, you do well” with his small eyes I could see the warmness, so I smile back to him, a sincere smile,

“thank you hyung, you do well too. Good work”  and then he just gone with everyone leaving me alone there, but I’m happy, sincerely happy. I know that I’m not doing well with the members at that time but that smile and encouragement that hyung gave me, makes me believe that one day they could finally see me as one of them.

 

 Konjic-Bosnia & Herzegovina

December, 18th 2025

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter