Chapter 4

Pixie Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Jimin tells him his life story after Seokjin gives him a big glass of milk. Of course he doesn’t tell them everything. He just leaves some details, especially his failure at every job, to make himself look more impressive.

He needs to look good in front of his new colleagues okay? Don’t judge!

He tells them about his father, who was very traditional but loving; although he did tend to forget Jimin’s name once in a while. In his defense, he has 197 sons and 1 daughther, Jimin being the 136th. He tells them about pixie colonies. How each pixie was born to do a certain job.. There were rulers, fighters, healers, nurturers, teaches, hunters, collectors and many more.

Yet Jimin didn’t fit in any.

The colony didn’t hate Jimin for it. In fact they all loved the 136th prince with the puffy cheeks. But Jimin couldn’t help but feel that he didn’t belong.

Pixies are social creatures. They lived in large groups. So it is unheard of a pixie ever leaving their colony. That is why everyone was shocked when their beloved 136th prince declared (quite dramatically too) that he was going out to search for his own destiny.

Until this, the story was true. Then Jimin started lying.

“All the jobs in the Light End was too easy you know.” Jimin laughed and tried not to seem too nervous. “I wanted a challenge, an adventure. So I decided to take it one step further and leave the Light End as well.”

They all looked at him with respect and admiration shining in their eyes. Jimin tried not to seem too pleased about it. (His wings uncurled and started fluttering behind him)

“Wow Jimin!” Jungkook said, his doe eyes becoming bigger. “You are so brave!”

Jimin tried not to smile too much.

“Yeah!” Hoseok agreed. “My roommate is so cool!”

His wings fluttered more energetically.

“It’s not that impressive.” Jimin giggles.

“But it is.” Seokjin protested.

“Eh! You guys are flattering.” He laughed, the sound a little higher than usual.

“Then I guess it won’t be much hard for you to work here.” A gruff unimpressed voice said. “May I expect for you to work perfectly then?” Min Yoongi asked from the doorway, still in his black cat printed pajamas, black hair mussed up from sleep.

Jimin gulped and laughed nervously. Yoongi’s sharp narrow eyes looked like they were piercing through his soul, seeing right to his lies.

Whether the witch did or not, he didn’t say. He wordlessly went inside, snatched the milk carton from Jungkook’s hand, ignored the werewolf’s protest and sat down beside Namjoon.

“I see you all are getting friendly.” He said dryly.

“Don’t be a grump!” Seokjin scolded, although Jimin noticed that the harshness and the bite of the words weren’t quite as same as the one’s directed to the other three. “We will be working and living together from now on.”

“For a while.” Yoongi reminded.

“No matter, we should be comfortable around each other.” Then Seokjin reached towards Jimin and pressed his cheeks together. “Plus look at him!” he exclaimed.

They all looked at Jimin; eyes wide, cheeks squashed, lips puckered like a fish. (“Aw…” Hoseok cooed.)

“How can you ever let someone this cute go?”

Jimin’s cuteness didn’t affect the witch like it affected the other four. “How do you know I didn’t mean letting you go?”

Seokjin sputtered. “What! Why? I am a very important asset to this store!” The vampire said, outraged.

“An asset who’s duties can be taken on by either me, Namjoon or even Taehyung. You are expendable.”

The vampire hissed and cursed. Jungkook laughed heartily. Yoongi snapped his cold eyes to the werewolf now. “You I will be getting rid of fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter