Chapter 1

Pixie Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lightening illuminates the three storied house in the dark, giving Jimin a momentary glimpse of the dark stone walls and the red roof with a chimney. It looked like one of those haunted houses from the show Jimin used to watch as a child. The storm and the thunder adding to the spookiness.

The loud belated sound of the thunder made Jimin jump, the small hairs on the back of his neck standing in fear. He rechecked the address written on the small piece of paper, trying to shield it from the heavy rain as much as he could.

Jimin prayed that he made a mistake. That his lack of navigating skills had brought him to the wrong place once again. That this, whatever it is, is not it!

Sadly, his lack of navigation skill failed him.

Jimin is sure it’s not that he doesn’t have any sense of direction, it’s just that his mind likes to make him suffer. Otherwise he would’ve got the place wrong like he’d done with every other ones.

But this was it.

This haunted house is his new workplace.

Jimin gulped, watching the flickering blue light coming from a window in the third floor.

Was his desperation for employment enough to risk getting mauled by a Wraith? Or a vengeful ghost wanting to taint Jimin’s soul?

Should he turn back? Go back to Café Seelie and beg Taemin to take him in again? Maybe if he could somehow convince him that he wouldn’t break anymore cups. After all he’d worked only five years at the café. He didn’t have enough time to learn how to balance cups on trays.

Or maybe go back to the bookstore? (He ended up burning a whole shelf of books. It was a big shelf.)

Or the kindergarten? (some of the children were allergic to glitter)

Or the magical call center? Or the Seelie Clinic? The Vet? All Stain Clean Team? Anywhere?

So maybe Jimin has a little problem keeping a job.

After getting fired from the last one (and every other offered by the Light End) and getting kicked out from his apartment, his desperation led him to taking a job from Dark End.

Hence, here stands Jimin, contemplating his every decision and mentally calculating the time it’ll take for him to turn around and run for his life.(it’ll take less if he abandons his suitcase but it has all his belongings)

Another thunder gives Jimin another almost heart attack.

It’s either stay here or die by getting hit by thunder or go inside and be mauled by a Wraith.

Jimin makes his decision. If he had to die, he wants to die dry. Wet glitter was very uncomfortable.

So with shaky legs, Jimin advances. The closer he gets, the scarier the house looks. Overhead a signboard rattles.

AgustD.

Jimin gulps again.

He mutters a prayer and steps on the foyer. The wet wooden floorboard creeks under his weight. Jimin wonders if he should knock.

But this is a store. Do Dark End people knock before entering stores?

Jimin decides to knock just in case.

There is no answer. Another loud thunder gives Jimin enough courage to turn the knob and enter with his eyes closed shut.

There’s a twinkling sound of a bell ringing overhead and suddenly warmth engulfs Jimin. The door shuts behind him by itself and all the noise of the storm outside is gone. Jimin opens his eyes with fear, expecting to see and dark and damp ruin with a cloaked figure of a Wraith but instead finds himself in a store that looks…normal.

The walls are lined with shelves full of different plants, colorful potions and jars. There is a freezer at one side, and Jimin can see different drinks and are those cans of Mr. Fuzzy Coco! Another section is dedicated to different kinds of chocolates and small trinkets. Then there is a corner for general groceries. All in all, it just looked like your normal grocery store.

In fact, it looks so normal that Jimin is disappointed. (All those time spent under the rain mentally preparing himself to fight a Wraith, wasted!)

Jimin puts down his suitcase and goes on a little walk around the store. Most of the things is unfamiliar to him, but he’s surprised to see some Light End candies and snacks. It brings a smile to Jimin’s face.

“I don’t think glitter all over the floor is a nice aesthetic for a witch shop.”

Jimin jumps in surprise. He turns around to see the grumpiest expression on the cutest face.

Jimin is disappointed again to see there is no pointy hat. Instead, the witch is wearing pajamas with sma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter