Episode: 6, Bullet of Faith

Legends| An Original Teen Wolf Fanfiction

Episode 6

Bullet of Faith

Previously on Legends Seraphina Argent is visibly distressed after seeing the Hale Manor. Unknowingly she interrupts Kate as she was engaged in a rather enjoyable night time activity to ask her about the Hale House fire and its survivors. Seraphina rebuffs Kate's advances and the latter fails to recognise Seraphina's repugnance towards her. 
Next morning finds Seraphina and Chris alone in the kitchen where she hands him back the Pishach Sutra and expresses her view of letting Allison replace Kate as a hunter. Chris is adamantly against the idea and tells Seraphina that he doesn't want his daughter to lead the same ed up lives they do. Victoria Argent walks in on the pair and misunderstanding the situation, rebuffs Seraphina for taking advantage of their hospitality. 
In school, Seraphina rescues Stiles from being bullied and corners Scott once again and asks him about Derek's sister. Scott truthfully claims to know nothing about her and so Seraphina slyly comments how Derek could be keeping a lot more information from Scott and also mentions an old legend about a cure for Scott to secure a meeting with Derek. Scott is taken in and agrees, much to Stiles' displeasure who sees through Seraphina's manipulation. 
Derek isn't pleased to see Seraphina and tries to leave but she confronts him about his sister. Derek burst out in anger and tells everyone about his sister's murder and tells Scott he's a fool for being taken in by Seraphina and leaves. 
Scott follows and apologises to Derek and promises he'd help Derek find the Alpha.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Excitement coursed through Derek's veins. He leapt across the roof in pursuit of his elusive prey.

It was way past midnight on a moonless night. Half of Beacon Hills, the part with working street lights, shone with the murky hue of street lights. The other half lay cozily tugged into the blanket of sinister darkness.

Attribute it to sheer luck, or intense hard work, Derek Hale had finally managed to catch hold of a pack member. Sure that he, or she, would be able to give him a lead to the Alpha. The chase had taken them right into the sparsely lit street behind the local bar, Drunk 'n' Donuts.

Kate Argent was out for a late night drink. She'd thought the coming of Seraphina was a dream come true; daily hunts, lots of action and werewolf carcasses to clear. So far she'd been disappointed in every part. Seraphina living with them had translated into a surprisingly calm, uneventful and non-violent reality.

She'd decided to walk back to her car after nearly every man in the bar had hit on her. Kate neither found the attention appeasing nor did she find it threatening. She did, however, find it extremely cumbersome.

Kate walked out the back door of the bar for it was closer to the parking spot she'd got. While the street in front of the bar was bathed in the neon light from the sign, the only light that illuminated the back alley received only residual pink light from the sign Drunk 'n' Donuts.

Derek was gaining on the wolf. Now they were racing through the fire exits of the dilapidated fire exits and Derek had to be careful at each step least he slip and fall. He wasn't afraid of injuring himself but he didn't want to lose this lead.

Kate was almost near her car when she saw them. Katherine wasn't alone in the back alley lined with overfilled trash cans. She'd glanced casually around her before getting into the car when something made her look cautiously around. She'd later attribute it to her trained sixth sense.

Derek was almost upon the wolf when a muffled shot rang out and the next second he felt searing sharp pain in his upper arm. Blood spilled out of the wound like a river breaking the dam. The pain was strong enough for Derek to transform back into human. He rolled on his side and off of the side of the roof of the building they were on. His body writhed in pain as he let out a silent scream of pain, tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

There was a hunter nearby, obviously. Derek didn't know who and for the moment, didn't really care. All he cared about was for somehow to make it home still alive.

Katherine smiled as she put the rifle down. She never missed a mark.

......

......

"Where even were you?" Chris Argent said the moment he swung the door open.

Kate, with an expression worthy of one having recently won the lottery, skipped past Chris without answering and over to the living room where Seraphina sat with her feet propped up on Victoria's precious coffee table, idly surfing the channels.

Kate placed her hands on the couch, leaned forwards and said to her, grinning broadly "Guess what I just did?"

"What did you do?" Seraphina asked lazily, paying the most minimal of attention to Kate.

Kate, unperturbed, quickly turned so that instead of leaning forward on the sofa, she was leaning back on to it and placed her head on Seraphina's shoulder. Seraphina quickly swung her legs off the coffee table and stood up.

"What?" she said irritably

"Well I was out at the bar for some drinks and while I was leaving, I'm positive I saw one of these wolves running around and so obviously, I hurried to my car's trunk, whipped out my rifle and shot it."

"You what?!" Seraphina said, astounded.

"Yup! Wolfbane. It just has 48 hours to live now. Poor thing" she added mockingly "It'll die, slowly and painfully" Kate's face was lit with a maniac glint Seraphina had seen before in the eyes of prisoners been hauled up to suffer punishment for violating the Code.

She exchanged a knowing glance with Chris, who'd followed her sister inside and heard the whole thing without saying a word.

Kate looked from Seraphina to Chris, unable to understand the conversation the two were having just by looks.

"What's wrong with you people?" she said, knitting her brows together "No 'Good work, Kate!' or 'that's great, Kate!'? Are we hunters or not?! You're proud of me, aren't you?" she added, turning to Seraphina

Seraphina didn't answer but folded her arms and appeared to be chewing the inside of her cheek while continuing to stare at Chris

"Jesus ing Christ" Kate said "It's like I don't even know you anymore, Seraphina" and with that, she her heels and prepared to storm out when Seraphina piped up.

"Kate, don't ever do that again"

"What?" Kate said turning to look at Seraphina

Seraphina gritted her jaws, puckered her lips, while looking around the room. Then she took a deep breath and said "You can't just go around killing werewolves, not unless you have proof they've harmed humans. Besides, the use of Wolfbane has been outlawed by the Code to be used under special circumstances only."

"You're following the Code now?" Kate said, her face almost contorting into the same expression of disgust Seraphina wore when she looked at Kate.

'I just, I just don't want you to get in trouble with the Council" said Seraphina, hating herself and at the same time continuing her statement "or the pack. It's one of the most vicious ones I've come across"

....

.....

A ray of afternoon sunshine peaking from the boarded up windows pierced through Derek Hale's closed eyelids finally waking him up. He'd collapsed onto the hard floor of his house the moment he'd walked inside. The first feeling his brain registered was of the sharp pain on the side of his arm. If his agony had been any less, Derek perhaps might've registered his growling stomach and his parched throat indicating the fact that he'd been unconscious for over 24 hours.

Derek gaped, crawled and rolled around the floor to finally reach the worn-out couch. With an immense effort, he propped himself up and on to it. He let out an involuntary gasp of pain as he twisted his arm around to look at the wound. Far from being healed, it'd turned an icy shade of blue.

Derek prodded the wound with his finger which as he found out a split second later was a big mistake. He screamed as a burning sensation flared up on the wound and spread all over his arm.

Tears of pain formed in the corner of his eyes as he balled his fist and shoved it into his mouth to stop himself from yelling again. He waited for the flare in pain to subside.

Derek took a few deep breaths. The pain was now giving way to panic. Derek felt hot and feverish. His skin was clammy. His heart was racing. He tried standing up but his knees gave away and he came crashing down back on the couch.

Evidently, Derek Hale had been poisoned. He knew who the shooter had been. He could've sensed her from a mile away.

The  Derek thought.

...

...

"Tell me you won't tap that . Go ahead tell me. I'm waiting. Go on. I said go on!"

"I'll go on if you shut up for a second!"

Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski walked out in the compound, their bags slung over their shoulders. The air around them was thick with mundane chit-chatter. Rivers of student flowed in and out of the school, occasionally colliding and then cussing at each other.

Scott laughed "Okay, I'll give you that. He is pretty good looking"

"Christophino is so damn hot!" Stiles exclaimed

A few girls passed, giggling at Stiles.

"Oh no" said Stiles quickly, turning to look at the group. "We're were just discussing how hot- I mean the latest episode of Utopia-"

"Come on" Scott hissed at Stiles as the girls passed away without stopping.

Stiles' face fell into a frown.

"Okay so tell me what else you-" but Scott abruptly stopped talking mid-way. Across the compound stood Derek.

"Your wolfy senses tingling, are they?" Stiles said following Scott's gaze "See what I did there? Huh? Huh?"

Scott didn't answer

"Is that Derek?" Stiles said squinting

"Stiles I-"

"Yeah I know" said Stiles a little disheartened. "With great power comes great responsibility" He gave a very long, hard and dramatic sigh and walked away towards the parking.

Scott walked towards Derek. Even from a distance, he'd made out that there was something deeply wrong with Derek. His sallow skin, sunken eyes, the way Derek was leaning against the hood of the dark blue truck. He looked more like a sullen vampire than a werewolf.

As Scott grew nearer, he made out that Derek seemed to be trembling. Just enough for Scott's acute sight to make out.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked him, concerned.

Derek shifted carefully, not letting go of the support provided by the truck.

He extended a shaking right hand to his left and rolled his sleeve up to reveal the bullet wound.

"Jesus ing Christ" Scott exclaimed as he raised his hand to touch the wound.

"Don't" snapped Derek, slapping his hand away. The swift movement cause Derek's head to spin. His limbs went slack and if it weren't for Scott catching hold of him, Derek might've collapsed onto the ground again.

"When did this happen?" Scott asked, horrified "Why isn't the wound healing?"

"I don't know" Derek muttered "Saturday night, I was- was"

"Don't speak much" Scott said, tightening his grip on Derek's arms. "You were shot Saturday night?"

Derek nodded slightly

"But it's Monday morning! Where have you been?"

Derek didn't answer but gritted his teeth.

A honking sound interrupted their talk. Stiles had drove his jeep up to the spot where Derek and Scott stood.

Stiles rolled down his window and clearly not fathoming the sheer gravity of the situation said, "Hey, fellas, howdy?"

Scott and Derek gave Stiles The Look. Stiles was used to receiving The Look from people. Especially non-human people. It translated into something like this

'You're a goofy who doesn't understand what's going on so for your own sake please shut the up.'

The Look, however, never exactly deterred Stiles Stilinski.

"Is everything okay?" Stiles asked, pulling the brakes and getting off the jeep. He walked around Scott to stand with his hands on his waist.

"What's up-HOLY !" Stiles cried out "That's a ing bullet wound! You've been shot!"

Derek looked at Scott with a pained expression. Scott understood that this pain didn't stem from the injury.

Stiles leaned his head closer to the blue hole and examined it carefully.

"You're not healing" Stiles noted "The bullet was obviously laced with something. Probably some poison or" Stiles paused to gasp "I know! Wolfbane! It's poison for werewolves! I've seen it in movies! But you'll die!" Stiles sounded quite excited for a man just announcing another man's death.

Despite himself, a spark of fear ignited in Derek's heart and his body went slack again. Scott, who'd let his grip go loose too, hurried to tighten it and help Derek stand up right.

"What do we do now?" He asked

"Well, we obviously need an antidote" said Stiles wisely "for that we need to know what the poison was. So who shot you?"

Scott quickly turned to look at Derek. His silence was the answer.

"Katherine Argent" Scott said out loud.

Stiles gave another huge gasp.

Derek, who despite Scott's best effort couldn't keep his knees straight, grabbed hold of his collar, pulled him close and whispered "Get the bullet."

"What?" Scott cried out

"Go... Argent House... Allison... Sneak...Bullet" Derek spluttered

"We could always ask Seraphina" Stiles interjected

"No!" Said Derek and Scott in unison, making Stiles jump slightly

"Okay, okay!" He said raising his hands in the air "You werewolves just hate doing stuff the easy way"

Scott turned back to look at Derek and said "But how am I supposed to do that? Derek!"

But Derek was losing consciousness. Scott turned to Stiles and said "Take him to Dr. Deaton's Clinic. He's gone for a week. The place should be empty."

"Oh, but, but-" began Stiles in protest

But Scott was already opening the back door of the jeep. With a massive effort and Scott's help, Derek hauled himself in the back seat of the jeep.

Stiles shuffled to the driver's seat, all the while looking at Scott as if he couldn't believe his own best friend's treachery.

Just before starting the vehicle, Stiles said "I must tell you, Scott McCall. I have a weak heart. If I died today, my blood is on your hands."

And with that, Stiles revved up the engine and drove off.

The moment of the car made Derek groan in pain.

"Don't worry, Stiles" Stiles muttered to himself "It's just an old injured animal"

"Watch who you're calling old" Derek snapped from the back seat.

Stiles whimpered slightly but continued to drive.

...

...

"Hey! Come on in!"

Allison Argent had opened the door to find her boyfriend standing there with his gorgeous brown eyes twinkling as they always did at the sight of her, a smile on his lips and his school bag slung over his shoulder.

"So all ready to ace the classes?" Allison asked his coyly as she lead him up to her room to study.

Scott, who was looking around the house a little agitatedly saw no one till they passed the kitchen.

In the doorframe, leaning on her side, with her legs crossed stood Seraphina, biting into an apple and looking even more of an as her eyes followed Scott walk across.

Scott didn't see or meet anyone except Seraphina.

In his defense, Scott really did come to the house to do something important. True, it wasn't studying, but it was important, nonetheless. Also he wasn't the one who kept brushing her hand across his. He didn't grab his collar, push him down on the bed and started hotly making out with him.

The taste of her kiss drove everything from Scott's mind. He didn't know how much time had passed. For all he knew, it could've been eons or merely seconds.

The loud banging of the door startled them into pulling away. Allison quickly scrambled to get off of Scott, who stood up groggily. It took him a second to understand what had happened.

Seraphina Argent had swung the door open with quite some force. She stood in the doorway looking as sinister as ever, her eyes darting from Allison to Scott, her left eyebrow raised and a slightly amused expression on her face.

"Seems like an interesting study session" Seraphina said as Allison pulled the straps of her top back on her shoulder. "Maybe somebody be better on their way."

Scott glanced behind to look at Allison who looked annoyed, but seeing no way out of the situation, he quickly grabbed his bag and jacket and headed out of the room only to almost bump into Kate Argent.

"Ah..." Kate said, glancing behind Scott at Allison, who'd followed him out of the room "So this is...?"

"Scott. Scott McCall" Allison said promptly, walking over to stand next to Kate and throwing a dirty look at Seraphina. "This is my boyfriend."

"He was just leaving" interjected Seraphina

"Oh come on!" Kate said "I'm sure they were just making out like every other teenager! It's okay, you" she pointed at Scott "you're invited for dinner"

"Oh I'm sure he has much more important-" began Seraphina behind Scott's back but he interrupted her and said "I'd like that actually."

Allison gave Kate a wide grin and skipped down the hall to inform her mother. Scott gave Kate a polite smile and glanced swiftly at Seraphina before following Allison down.

"This should be fun, eh?" Kate said to Seraphina, looking down the stairs were Allison and Scott had disappeared.

"Yes, it should be..." Seraphina said.

...

...

"Scott, buddy, where are you? You do realise Derek is dying. Spoiler alert. Derek doesn't make a good death bed person. Hurry!"

"Yes, okay"

"Is Seraphina there? What if she tells everyone you're werewolf right there? I mean, not to scare you or anything and not that I think she will, but just saying, what if-"

"I'll talk to you later, Stiles"

Scott sat on the dining table, in a cruel twist of fate, right opposite Seraphina Argent. Next to her sat Kate, a fact that the latter seemed quite happy about but not the former. Allison sat opposite Kate and right next to Scott, while Chris and Victoria sat at the either ends of the table.

The sky outside was pitch black now and the Stiles' call had added to the urgency of the situation at hand. Food seemed the most uninteresting thing and yet Scott kept his eyes fixed on his plate. He'd glanced up, once only to see Seraphina staring at him like a hawk and so he'd quickly tilted his head down again.

"So, Scott" Victoria said breaking the silence "Can I get you something to drink besides water?"

"Oh no, I'm good, thanks" said Scott

"Scott, what gorgeous brown eyes you have. I'm sure you're very popular" Kate said

Scott's heart skipped a beat again. He glanced quickly at Seraphina who appeared to be biting her lip to keep her from smiling.

"No, not really" said Scott

"Perhaps some beer or tequila?"

"I don't think I'm old enough to drink, sir"

"That doesn't seem to stop many teenagers" Victoria commented.

"No, but it should" Scott answered

"Good answer, Scott" Kate said "Total lie, but you may survive another night it appears."

Scott gave a fake grin.

"Er, may I use the bathroom...?" Scott said getting up from the table

"Straight down the hall towards your left" Allison pipped up.

"Okay, thanks"

Scott hurried out of the dining room. If he the circumstances weren't so tense, he might've stopped to pay attention to the delicately done interiors and perhaps even appreciate them. But Scott was now breaking into a sweat. He sprinted down the hallway, trying to stay as quite as he could and found the door to the bedroom he hoped was Kate's.

He flung himself into the room and hastily left the door halfway open.

Pulling out his mobile phone from his pocket, he dialed Stiles.

"Put it on speaker!" Scott hissed into the phone.

"You're on speaker"

"Okay, I'm in Kate's room. What do I do now? Where do I find the bullet?"

Scott heard faint mumbling on the other side

"He says, and I'm really relying on my ability to understand 'half-dead-werewolf' Kate would keep her weapons close to her"

"Okay..." Scott pulled open the closet doors, and hurriedly rummaged around. He pulled apart the drawers and shuffled around in them

"I can't find it!" Scott hissed back into the phone.

Scott's distraction allowed him to miss the sound of the door opening and a swift movement towards him, for the next thing he knew, he was being pulled straight by the back of his collar.

...

...

"What just happened?" Groaned Derek Hale

"I don't know, the phone got disconnected. I'll try again" said Stiles, dialing the number "He's not picking up... Oh , , , ! Maybe he was caught! They'll kill him!"

Derek whimpered in pain again.

"Oh shut up, you! No, I didn't mean that! I'm so sorry! Don't shut up! Speak, speak your heart out!"

"Jesus, I don't want to die in the company of an idiot" spewed Derek "If...Scott can't get here... Last resort"

"What's the last resort?" Stiles asked

Stiles followed Derek's gaze towards the small mechanical hand saw.

...

...

"What the do you think you're doing" Seraphina Argent hissed into Scott's ear "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"I was just-I was just- looking for the bathroom" Scott finished lamely.

"Cut the crap and get out of here." Seraphina barked "I don't know about the others but I myself am feeling a particularly strong urge to kill you"

Seraphina turned to leave.

In absolute desperation, Scott blurted out.

"Derek's been shot. Stiles says it's Wolfbane or something. He can't heal. He's dying!"

Seraphina stopped dead.

She slowly turned to look at Scott

He saw that her face had gone pale. He saw her glance at the watch on her wrist.

"Where is he?"

"I had Stiles take him to the Vet's clinic. I couldn't think of-"

"Get out of here"

"What?" Said Scott, taken aback

"Get out" repeated Seraphina firmly. "I'll handle this."

...

...

"You're going to have to cut off my arm" Derek said

"No ing way" Stiles replied

"You'll have to. Only way. The poison won't spread that way"

"What if you bleed to death?!"

"I won't if it works"

"Ew, no way I'm doing that!" Stiles said throwing his hands in the air

"Why? You get sick at the sight of blood?"

"No. But I might at the sight of cut flesh, muscles, bone and especially the blood!."

"You can cut off my arm or I'll cut off your neck." Derek said in as threatening a voice as he could manage.

"You know I'm not really buying your threats-"

Derek growled

"Okay, nope. I bought it. You sold it. Totally did."

Stiles walked over gingerly to the saw, picked it up and walked back.

Derek, struggled and managed to take off his sweaty T-shirt.

"Here" he said holding the shirt out to Stiles "Tie this around my arm"

Stiles took the shirt, and with a revolted expression and holding it only by the corners, tied it around Derek's arm.

"Are you sure-" Stiles began but fell silent at a look from Derek.

He flipped the switch on and brought the saw close to Derek's arm.

He lowered it on to the flesh. As the blade cut through the flesh, blood spouted from the slash, staining Stiles' clothes and making Derek yell in pain.

The door to the Vet's clinic swung open and Scott hurried inside

"What the ?"

Stiles quickly turned off the saw, dropped it on the floor and cried out "God bless you, Scott McCall! You just saved me a lifetime of nightmares!"

"You...bullet...?" Moaned Derek, falling off of the chair.

"No" said Scott, hurrying to Derek and helping him up on the chair again "I found Seraphina, she said she-"

"What?" Even through the pain, Derek's anger was evident "I told you not to...You... can't... trust... Seraphina..."

"Someone call my name?"

Seraphina Argent had appeared in through the open door. Her hair were whipped around due to the speed at which she'd run over.

In another flash, she'd pushed Stiles away and was kneeling next to Derek, examining his arm.

"You idiot" she said "Why the didn't you come to me, first? You're probably minutes away from death!"

She put her hand inside her over coat's pocket and drew out a black case. She rolled it open on the floor. Bullets of different shapes and sizes lined the case. She glanced at the wound and then back at the bullet case.

"Well, how do we cure him then?" Scott asked

"There are many cures but the one most readily available to us right now is the ashes of the bullet he was shot with"

"Don't you know which one it is?" Scott asked

"There are different kinds of Wolfbane. They leave different injury wounds"

"How can you not know which one he was shot with?!" Scott's panic was taking over.

"Can you SHUT THE UP, Scott?" Seraphina barked. "Okay" she said "okay... It has to be... One of these" she carefully chose three bullets from the case.

"But which one is it?!" Scott said, so much under panic, that his nails started to elongate.

Seraphina didn't answer. She looked at the bullets then at the almost unconscious Derek, and then back at the bullets.

"Why aren't you doing anything?!" Scott said

For the third time that night, Seraphina Argent snapped "GET OUT!"

"What?" Said Scott, deja vu sweeping over him

"I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK! Get THE out of here!"

Stiles and Scott scrambled to get out of the room.

"Not you!" She barked at Stiles. "You stay here." She pointed at Scott "You, out"

"But-" began Scott in protest

"I can snap your neck in three seconds or you can leave in two"

Scott threw an angry look at Seraphina, walked out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

Seraphina turned to Stiles

"Copper casing, iron casing and zinc casing." She said holding out the bullets for him to see. "Think, Stiles, you're a chemical genius. Is there any way to know which bullet hit him?"

Stiles took deep breathes, his cogs working furiously.

"I suppose if we could... the remnants of the bullet from the wound can be tested with" Stiles muttered under his breath, his eyes darting around the room, without really looking at anything, thinking harder than he had ever before "copper sulphate! If we can just isolate..."

"Can you do that?" Seraphina said urgently as Stiles whipped around to the storage cupboard and rummaged around for the right equipment

"Yes!" Said Stiles, triumphantly withdrawing several bottles and a few sample containers.

He placed them all on the counter, grabbed latex gloves and a scalpel from the side and proceeded towards Derek, pulling the gloves on each hand like an evil scientist.

"What..." Murmured Derek

Seraphina quickly grabbed Derek from behind to stop him from moving.

Stiles crouched down and the scalpel inside the wound making Derek yelp in pain. He moved the scalpel around and managed to draw a decent amount of flesh and blood. He put them in a sample container, took it to the counter and started working furiously with his back to them.

"Stay with me, Derek" Seraphina breathed down his neck, not letting go of the arms despite them being soaked in sweating and providing the support he needed to stay straight.

"Don't lose conscious. Stay awake. Keep your eyes open." She gave him a little jerk, then quickly shifted around so that she was facing him. She pulled the chair behind him so that he was propped up against its leg.

"Look at me, Derek" she said patting his cheek gently and placing her other hand on his chest to feel his heart beat. It was feeble and barely there.

"You're going to be all right"

Derek's eyes flickered, trying to get Seraphina's face back into focus. With difficulty he raised his hand and put it over to her's on his heart, clearly intending to jerk it away from him but instead he found himself gripping it, as if holding on to the last shred of life.

Seraphina slowly lifted his hand from his chest and linked her fingers through his, holding on tight, reassuring him, wordlessly.

Stiles drew back from the counter. He'd poured the chemicals in. Now all they could do was wait for the reaction to occur.

"How much longer?" Snarled Seraphina

"I don't know! The amount I could extract was too less! It will take some time!"

Seraphina whipped her head back to look at Derek. Derek's grip on her hand was going loose. She glanced at the fallen saw to the unhealed cut on his arm over the bullet wound. She looked back into Derek's eyes

"Are you sure about this?" She asked.

Derek tilted his head up once to give his assent and he let go of her hand. Within a couple of seconds, Seraphina was holding the revving saw in her hand, bringing it closer to Derek's arm, lowering it on to the flesh-

"It's clear! It's zinc, its zinc!" Yelled Stiles over the sound of the saw.

The same instant, the door to the clinic burst open. The sound of the saw had drawn Scott back into the room. Seraphina looked at Stiles and then threw the whirling saw across the room, making Stiles duck despite the saw not being aimed anywhere near him. For Stiles it was a quick whirl of colours across the room. As for Scott, he saw everything clearly as if in slow motion. Seraphina dashed to the fallen bullet case, whipped out the bullet from it and sprinted back to Derek, pulling out a lighter from her pocket at the same time. She fell to her knees next to him and lit the bullet on fire, disregarding the flames on her hand. The instance the flame touched the bullet, it burned bright green. Seraphina flinched and drew in a sharp breath as the first burnt her hand but she didn't let go. Both her and Derek's faces were bathed in a green light as the bullet burnt.

It took exactly seven seconds.

Seraphina twisted her hand and slapped it over Derek's arm, the ashes being applied directly on to the wound.

Derek let out his most painful and loudest yelp yet as the ashes worked.

Seraphina kept her hand pressed to his wound for a few moments before withdrawing it. Scott saw that the inside of her hand had burnt to a charcoal black.

The effect on Derek was immediate. The colour began to return to his face and his breathing became steadier. He blinked and Seraphina's face came into clearer focus. He raised his hand, and accidently brushed her burnt hand making her flinch and let out a small squeal. Derek looked down, took hold of her hand and overturned it. Not yet fully healed, it was still burnt black.

Derek looked up from her hand into her eyes.

She looked firmly back and then a second later, jerked her hand away from his. She stood up and let out a deep breath. Stiles was leaning against the counter trying to calm his nerves while Scott just stood there.

"I think this place needs to be tidied up" she said looking around.

Scott didn't move. Seraphina fastened her coat with her other hand. She glanced back at Stiles who still hadn't recovered properly then turned back to Scott.

"Dispose off of Stiles' blood stained clothes properly. It wouldn't bode well for the Sheriff to find blood on his own son's clothes."

Scott didn't answer but a sour look came upon his face.

Seraphina crossed him and reached the door.

She stopped just as she was about to leave and turned back

"Oh and the next time one of you s up. Come to me rather than trying to sort matters out on your own and ing up even more"

Exchanging a last look with Derek, she turned so that her coat swung about her like a cape and walked out of the clinic.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So I don't like the idea of holding chapters hostage for votes because I think that'd really unfair, so here's a humble request, if you liked the chapter, please DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! They are extremely encouraging and motivating!

EACH VOTE AND REVIEW IS IMPORTANT

Please favourite, follow, bookmark and don't forget to rate and review!

Thanks!