"let's talk when you're not creeping me out."

photograph | cam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why.."
My voice was cut off as a tear trickled down my cheek. My attention was solely focused on the girl in the photograph I was holding in one hand.
Many times I contemplated burning this only picture of her that I had, but just as the number of times I've attempted, that was how many times I failed.

I threw the photograph away with the only strength I have left, sending it straight to the trashbin. I was too tired to think about her.

No.

I was too tired at myself for worrying about someone who has already moved on.

Beep.

Beep.

I buried my head under the pillow and closed my eyes. My phone that was on the other side of the bed rang, indicating that there was a new message.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

After minutes of having to hear that continuous beeping, I gave it a rest and sat up straight. The bed sheet was all wrinkled, and the set of pillows I just bought a few weeks ago were all over the place.
"Who the heck sends a message in the middle of the night?!" I cursed, my voice echoing through the room.

"Seriously.."
I looked for my phone through the sheets, and when I finally found it, another message was delivered.

Beep.

I unlocked my phone, and the notifications directed me to the app where the messages were. I swore that if all the messages were spam, I'd hunt the guy who kept senting it to my number.

UNKNOWN wants to start a conversation with you

1:01
Seen: 1:29

UNKNOWN: ... Hi!!~ Is this Taehyung? Kim Taehyung?
UNKNOWN: ...
UNKNOWN: Oh wait, that's rude.. let me start again.

1:02
Seen: 1:29

UNKNOWN: HELLO! I'm Jeongyeon. A fellow student from F.I.S. Is this Taehyung?

1:10
Seen: 1:29

UNKNOWN: Uhm you seem to not be replying.. You probably dislike me aha I don't care tho..

1:18
Seen: 1:29

UNKNOWN: HI ARE YOY ALICE THERE?
UNKNOWN: you*
UNKNOWN: a lice*
UNKNOWN: alive*
UNKNOWN: oops sorry about that

1:26
Seen: 1:29

UNKNOWN: sorry, I'll stop bothering you now. You must be busy....I'm sorry ^~^

1:30
TAEHYUNG has accepted your conversation

1:31
Seen: 1:32

KIM TAEHYUNG: you know, normally no one is expected to reply to someone at 1am.. in the morning...
KIM TAEHYUNG: anyway

1:32
Seen: 1:32

KIM TAEHYUNG: yes this is Taehyung
KIM TAEHYUNG: what do you want

1:33
Seen: 1:34

UNKNOWN: oof that's cold
UNKNOWN: (= ̄ω ̄=)
UNKNOWN: I just want to ask you one thing

1:36
Seen: 1:37

KIM TAEHYUNG: huh  
KIM TAEHYUNG: what is it 

1:38

UNKNOWN: ..typing..

1:40

UNKNOWN: ..typing..

1:45

UNKNOWN: ..typing..

1:50

UNKNOWN is now offline

I tilted my head to one side as a notif appeared, saying that the person was suddenly offline. And just then, a new message popped up.

1:53 
Seen: 1:53

UNKNOWN: I'm at your doorstep
UNKNOWN: Open the door :)))))

In less than 5 minutes, my expression has changed from confused to shocked to lost. 
When I say, that that was the most I have expressed myself these past weeks, you got to believe me when I say I'm not exaggerating. 

I contemplated if opening the door was a really good choice. After all, it could be a kidnapper or a pro prankster waiting on me outside. There were several possibilities as to what can happen, especially because no one really comes to your doorstep at 2 IN THE MORNING.

And this is why I hate chatting with people.
I thought.

The only thing I could do was to sigh repeatedly as I just gave it a benefit of the doubt and hope for the best. 
I bit my lip and stood up, taking with me a pair of jacket and wearing it as I walked to the door.

Right after I unlocked it, I was pleasantly shocked to see a silver-haired girl in front of me. The first thing that entered my mind was: Wow. Second: Wow. Third: Wait, how did she get my address again?

Her face couldn't be seen as she was facing the floor, her hands placed on her knees. It was obvious she was out of breath, but before I can take in her presence a bit more, she looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter