The Clueless Jerk (Joy's POV)

Wake Up Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday, 10 AM

Kang Manor

Everyone was finally outside enjoying the snow. Seulgi, Wendy, Jisung, Sungwoon, Minhyun and I were trying to build a snowman, while Daniel, Irene, Yerin, Woojin, Guanlin, Jihoon and Baejin were skiing. Jaehwan, Daehwi and Ong on the other hand were also making something incorrigible out of snow.

I was busy impersonating Olaf when I felt something cold hit me from behind. I turn around quickly to see who dared throw a snowball at me, but there was no one there. I returned to the snowman we were trying to build and feigned ignorance at the sniggering behind me. Two can play this game. I planned my revenge- to pretend I didn't care and then right when the person plans to throw another ball at me, I’ll make a surprise attack and throw first. When I felt like that person was about to throw a snowball at me again, I turned around to catch the culprit red-handed, but it was I who was surprised when I felt a snowball hit my face. The cold sensation made my entire body shiver. I can tell he was equally surprised that the snow hit me on the face, the next thing I knew, he was already beside me asking if I was okay.

It was my chance for revenge. I held the snowball I wasn’t able to throw earlier and threw it right to his face. I was laughing at his snow-laden face. He was stunned at my action, but quickly recovered and laughed along with me. He then contorted his face into an exaggerated crying expression and I laughed harder. That was his expertise and I loved it! He then gathered snow in his hand again and that was signal for me to stand up and run-- so I did. I couldn’t stop laughing as I hid behind the snowman we just made. It was always a fun time with Ong around.

Soon, some others came to join us and it became a snowball fight. It seemed as if Ong was always targeting me so I ran fast and far away from the battle zone to avoid getting knocked down. But to no avail, I was hit in the face again, this time by Sungwoon. That sneaky fairy is really something, he even got some snow in my eye causing my vision to blur. I was rubbing it with cloth to remove the water and when I finally got it off, I hear voices calling out my name as if warning me of something while pointing behind me. I was about to turn to look at what they were pointing at when I felt a strong arms wrapping around me and pushing us to the side causing me to fall on top of him as we crashed against below zero snow. That’s when I saw what was supposed to hit me—a person skiing at high speed just passed us, barely hitting us. Did I actually ran all the way to the ski zone? I was stuck in my thoughts when I heard a voice beneath me.

“Sooyoung-ah, you’re pretty heavy, can you get off me now?”

It was Daniel.

All of a sudden, thoughts about this morning’s encounter rushed in my head and I immediately got off him. We both stood up and before I could thank him, he spoke again.

“You should really consider going on a diet, my arms hurt trying to save you.” He commented harshly as his left hand tried to massage his right shoulder where I fell on top of.

“Well, nobody told you to save me! So piss off!” I forgot any trace of thanking him and embarrassment. Instead, I was filled with annoyance.

“I don’t even get a thank you?” He asked as if clueless to what he did wrong.

“Wow, the nerve! You know what, don’t do it next time, you jerk.” We found ourselves in a fight again. Thank goodness the others rushed over to us before it even got bigger.

“How are you Joy?” Ong said, concern evident in his voice.

“Yah, Ong, I’m the one who fell hard, you should be asking me how I am.” Daniel whined pointing to his right arm.

“How’s your arm, Dan?” It was Irene instead who came to Daniel’s side.

“Bad, Sooyoung was pretty heavy.”

“Yah! You want your other arm to get hit too?” I shouted at him. He immediately formed an ‘X’ with his arms putting it up in defense.

“Alright, enough bickering you two, let’s go inside to take a look at that arm.” Minhyun said, motioning for Daniel to follow him.

“Yeah, it’s also almost lunch time, why don’t we all head inside?” Wendy suggested.

While we were all walking, Daniel sneaked in another question, whispering so that others won’t hear.

“Who told you to even go inside the ski zone when you can’t even ski well.” Ugh, that does it, I hit his left arm and walked faster ahead of him, hearing only a faint cry o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter