The Platonic Kind (Joy's POV)

Wake Up Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday, 4:30 PM

Jaeguk High

"Waah! Finally! It's Christmas break!" Seulgi exclaims after hearing the dismissal bell of the last period, we all turn to each other.

"Yeah!! I'm pretty excited to go skiing this weekend!" I see Irene's eyes light up at the mention of ski. To be honest, I'm excited too. Our gang planned to go skiing in Pyeongchang atthe Kang Manor.

"It's been so long since I've been to the Kang Manor. I wonder how they decorated it this year..." Wendy reminisced.

"Of course that's what you're looking forward to. Haha" I replied. Wendy was always interested in art and architecture and we can't deny the effort the Kangs put into decorating their manor. It's really a feast for the eyes.

"Of course! What about you? What are you looking forward to, Joy? And please don't say your books..." She teased back.

"I can't wait to see the snow and play in it!!!" I said and it's true. While I'm not the best at skiing, I do love snow so much.

We were in the middle of gushing about the weekend at the Kang Manor with the boys when we were distracted by female squeals at the classroom's entrance. I didn't need to stand nor turn around to know who arrived. The high pitched cries of women like this is undoubtedly meant just for the one and only...

"Wow, Daniel, really..." Irene calls out to him as he continued to walk in our direction. He stops as soon as he reaches us and rests his arm on top of my head, it didn't even last a second there because I swatted his arm away. The five of us look up at him from where we were sitting expecting him to say something.

"Hey girls, so tomorrow, my parents said we can go there early, I also arranged the plane for us already. The drivers will pick you up at 6AM. Please pack for a two-day trip." He spoke the instructions so well, we all just nodded in agreement. It amazes me how he can actually be quite responsible when it's about fun and trips, but so irresponsible when it comes to school. He was about to leave the classroom when he halts as if remembering something. "Hey kid, go home and pack already, you know it takes you forever to pack. And girls, don't forget my Christmas gifts!" And then he goes out sniggering. Aish, really, this Kang Choding. Nevertheless, the girls and I left and went home to pack our stuff. He was right though, took me forever to pack for a 2-day getaway, I mean, how can you easily choose which to bring? After finishing packing my luggage, I readily got to bed, thoughts of snow in mind, I slept with a smile on my face.

 

Saturday, 6:00 AM

Park's Residence

"As expected, Kang Euigeon is so early when it comes to outings" I teased as I saw him come out from the backseat of his stretched Cadillac Escalade. He doesn't respond, and instead just takes my luggage and puts it in the back along with his. He fixes the collar of my coat pulling it closer together so that I'm warmer and motions me to enter the car first. Once we were both inside, he closes the door and goes back to sleep, but I had other plans. I kept on te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter