two.

In Love, I Believe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin is restless that afternoon. After the conversation with Sojung, she feels like she still hasn’t fully healed from all the imaginary arrows that had pierced her body all over, especially her heart. Sojung had made a really good point but Yerin was just too prideful to admit. Deep inside, she is extremely determined to prove Sojung wrong that no, she does not have to forget all the fantasies she has and yes, she will be able to find that Prince Charming of hers. She is highly sure that he is out there somewhere trying to search for her like how she is searching for him. Yerin doesn’t want to suddenly stop what she has been trying to achieve since she graduated from university just because of what her best friend had said. She’s not one to give up fast.

 

Her eyes travel to her phone when she sees it light up. Stretching her arm out to retrieve the device on the coffee table, a small smile manages to take its place on Yerin’s lips after being gloomy the whole time since Sojung left her apartment.

 

Eunbi ♡ [3:52 P.M]

You didn’t text me a good morning today.

 

Aww, is someone upset that I had forgotten to send a good morning to her? ; )

 

Yerin is sure Eunbi would be rolling her eyes while reading her reply.

 

Eunbi ♡ [3:53 P.M]

No, I’m not upset. I just got worried because it’s almost 4 and I’m still not receiving any annoying texts from you.

 

Excuse me, my texts are not annoying!!!

 

’Wait,’ Yerin stops herself from pressing the send button and rereads the text. ‘Eunbi’s worried that I didn’t text her?’

 

She deletes the words she has typed and stares blankly at her phone, not knowing how to reply all of a sudden.

 

Eunbi ♡ [3:59 P.M]

Did something happen today?

 

A best friend of mine came over earlier on

 

I overslept and kinda got a nagging from her

 

I’m sorry I didn’t get to send you a morning text : (

 

Somehow, Yerin feels warm but mostly touched,  knowing that Eunbi is worried of her. She knows how hard it is for the younger girl to express herself most of the time so knowing that Eunbi is feeling so, she can't help but grin stupidly at her phone as she reads the message from the barista again.

 

“You never fail to amaze me all the time, Hwang Eunbi,” Yerin mutters to herself and locks her phone when no notification pops up on her screen in the next five minutes.

 

--

 

Yerin didn’t realise she had fallen asleep on the couch until the continuous ringing of her doorbell wakes her up from her deep slumber. She sugglishly sits upright and emits a soft yawn, forgetting for a moment that someone is outside of her apartment as her mind is still slightly hazy. The sound of her doorbell ringing once again brings her out of her dazed state and she quickly fixes her hair and attire before heading to the front door.

 

“I’m coming,” she groans in annoyance when another ring is heard.

 

With her hand on the doorknob, Yerin freezes in her spot when she looks at the monitor right beside her door. Her heart starts to beat rapidly when the stranger looks up directly into the camera.

 

‘Oh my god,’ Yerin pats her cheeks a few times to make sure she is really awake and not dreaming. She looks at the monitor again and squeals internally when she realises that the charming person outside her door is real. Keeping her cool, Yerin fixes herself once again before opening the door.

 

“Ah, finally,” the guy flashes Yerin a wide smile and brings the bouquet of flowers in his hands up slightly. “You’re Jung Yerin, right?”

 

Yerin nods her head slowly. It feels surreal that such a good looking guy exists and is standing right in front of her.

 

“Someone told me to deliver this to you,” the guy hands the flowers to her. “I’m sorry I can’t disclose to you who the sender is because they would like to remain anonymous.”

 

A small part of Yerin is disappointed that the flowers aren’t from him but still, she is awestruck by his facial features and physique. He matches Yerin’s exact ideal type.

 

“I-It’s fine,” Yerin stutters as she takes the bouquet from him. Their fingers accidentally brush and her cheeks heat up at the contact.

 

“Have a nice day, Yerin-ssi,” the guy greets her and tips his hat down slightly with the same grin.

 

“You too,” Yerin smiles shyly as she brings the flowers closer to her chest.

 

--

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:00 P.M]

I’m sorry for the late reply. I had work.

 

Yerin’s expression immediately brightens when she receives a text from Eunbi. She has been wanting to text the girl since her encounter with the delivery guy earlier but she was afraid she would be disturbing the hardworking Eunbi.

 

I know that, silly. We work at the same place remember? It’s alright ♡

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:03 P.M]

Did anything good happen to you after getting nagged by your friend?

 

I received a bouquet of flowers from an anonymous person!!

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:04 P.M]

Really?

 

Really!!! The delivery guy was so handsome. He’s soooooo close to my ideal type. I think I might have a crush on him >_<

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:10 P.M]

Oh.

 

I think I finally found my Prince Charming

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:11 P.M]

Good for you.

 

Oh oh, it’s 11:11 make a wish!!!

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:11 P.M]

I don't have to.

 

… why?

 

Eunbi ♡ [11:12 P.M]

My wish will never be fulfilled.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter