one.

In Love, I Believe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin wonders how long more she has to wait until her very own Prince Charming appears right in front of her doorstep with a bouquet of her favourite flowers. It sounds cliche and unreal that such a person would do so but Yerin thinks her life can be an exception. Having watched many romance movies, she finds it a possibility that it may happen in real life. Besides, what usually happens in a romance movie is based on a real life situation, right? Unless it is a fairytale, Yerin doubts it will ever occur. If fairytales were real, she would have long went on a search to find a magical lamp so that she could claim her three wishes from the genie. Her first wish would definitely be to get her the Prince Charming she has always dreamed of.

 

Yerin finds herself losing focus on the book she is reading when she hears someone pulling the chair right beside her. Using her thumb as a temporary bookmark, she turns to see who had just interrupted her and chuckles silently, smiling slightly when she realises it’s only her co-worker, Eunbi.

 

“I thought you hated the library?” she asks softly before reopening her book to continue reading.

 

“My school library. You’re lucky you’ve graduated from university already,” Eunbi huffs and rests her head on the table once she settles down. “Anyway, was I interrupting you?”

 

“Not really,” Yerin hums. “How did you know I’ll be here?”

 

“Where else would a bookworm like Jung Yerin go to if she isn’t at work? Of course it would be the library near the café we work at,” Eunbi answers with a proud smile. “You told me once that this place is like your second home so I tried my luck.”

 

“You are smart after all,” Yerin snickers.

 

“Yah, what are you trying to imply?” Eunbi glares at her.

 

“Nothing,” Yerin smiles behind her book.

 

Yerin has known Eunbi for approximately six months now. They first met when Yerin had just applied for a job at the café where Eunbi has been working at for almost a year to help her with her rent and daily necessities. The latter was on shift when she was filling up the application form. When Yerin got accepted, she was able to get along well with all the staff members except Eunbi. She found it the hardest to start a conversation with the younger girl because the latter would always be focused on her job and rarely talked unless she was assigned as the cashier for the day. However, with lots of determination, she was finally able to break Eunbi’s walls and be friends with her after two months of trying.

 

“What are you reading?” Eunbi asks curiously and leans forward slightly to take a peek at the cover of the book Yerin is holding onto. “The Notebook. Really?” She gives the older girl a judging look and the latter only rolls her eyes in response. “I think this is the third time I’ve seen you reading this book. Don’t you ever get tired of it?”

 

“Don’t you ever get tired of rewatching your Harry Potter series over and over again?” Yerin retorts.

 

“I—” Eunbi slumps in defeat and Yerin sniggers at her instant victory.

 

“Be quiet, girls. Please be reminded that you’re in a library.”

 

“I’m sorry, ma’am,” Yerin apologises to the librarian with an embarrassed smile before going back to reading.

 

Grumbling to herself, Eunbi cushions her head using her arms and fixates her eyes at Yerin who is engrossed in reading again to notice that her friend is staring at her. “This is why I hate libraries,” she mutters under her breath before letting her eyelids flutter close, only to fall asleep a few seconds after.

 

Yerin hears it and smiles to herself. She’s glad that she didn’t give up on trying to be friends with Eunbi. She gets to see other sides of her that no one else has ever seen.

 

Δ

 

If no Prince Charming is going to turn up right in front of her doorstep, Yerin hopes that she would be able to find one while she is working. Just the thought of seeing a handsome looking guy entering the café and calling out her name is enough to make her heart flutter. It’ll be even better if the guy confesses to her while she is on shift.

 

“Earth to Jung Yerin, are you still here with us?”

 

The said girl snaps from her imagination and emits a soft groan when she feels someone’s knuckle knocking onto the side of her head. Turning to see who the attacker was, a sheepish smile forms on her lips when she notices that it is none other than Eunbi.

 

“You're not paid to daydream, you know.”

 

“I know.”

 

“The next time I find you spacing out again, I won't hesitate to tell our boss,” Eunbi warns the older girl before returning to the coffee machine to prepare a drink for the customer that has just placed an order.

 

Yerin is amazed at how Eunbi’s personality changes once they're at work. It’s like seeing a whole new side of Eunbi. She admires how hardworking the younger girl is when it comes to work. Eunbi never once slacked during working hours and she is always complimented by their boss for being an exemplary worker. However, outside of work, Eunbi is more of playful than serious. That is why Yerin never gets bored whenever she hangs out with the younger girl. If the latter was a guy, Yerin would definitely be attracted to her because unexpectedly, Hwang Eunbi is extremely close to her ideal type.

 

--

 

Yerin’s shift ends in another disappointment. No customers were outstanding enough to capture her attention. Heading to the locker room, she changes out of her attire. Yerin is exhausted and she wants nothing more than to take a long hot shower once she reaches home. After showering, she’s going to get comfortable on bed and start reading a new book she borrowed from the library earlier.

 

“Yerin!” one of the workers, Sooyoung, jogs over to her and drapes an arm around her shoulder. “The crew minus Eunbi, as usual, plans to go drinking tonight. Want to join us?”

 

Yerin’s eyes automatically search for Eunbi. The latter is always missing when it comes to such gatherings. She has been hoping that Eunbi can join them at least once instead of being a lone wolf amongst them all because somehow, it feels incomplete without Eunbi around. Yerin knows that none of the workers actually cared whether their youngest staff member joins them or not since they are already used to Eunbi being absent whenever they plan a meet up but Yerin isn’t like them. She wants Eunbi around to keep her entertained.

 

“So?” Sooyoung looks at Yerin with hopeful eyes.

 

“I think I’ll pass this time round,” Yerin shows her colleague an apologetic smile after she couldn’t find Eunbi anywhere in the enclosed area. ‘Did she leave already?’

 

“Aww, come on, Yerin. You’ve never missed out on any of our gatherings since you joined us,” Sooyoung pouts and lightly tugs on the said girl’s arm.

 

“I— I have plans t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter