CHAPTER 2

SACRED LOVE

(NOTE:  WRITING BOUNDED IN "*** " is.. What happened Three days back!) 

As Abhi,  indicated him to begin... 
Dev started  - .." THREE Days... Back.. I got a phone call from ATHIYA ,  Meera's Best Friend....."

****.... "Hello Dev? "
"Who 's it? "
"Hey,  it's Me.. Athiya!.. Meera's Best friend?! "
"Oh.. Yeah!  Sorry.. Athiya,  I didn't recognized you! "
"Oh.. It's completely fine! "
"So?.. Any particular reason for waking me up in the middle of thr night? "
"Oh.. I'm so sorry about that... I thought you must be awake! "

" Hey!  It's fine!.. It's just I'm not doing medical.. So I don't have any goid reason to be awake like you all! " -Dev joked on which.. Athiya tried to laugh.

"Not.. In a mood to laugh?  Okay.. Tell me what is it? " - He asked casually.. Definitely not imagining how serious  her talk would come out to be! 

"Ah.. I don't know exactly what to say!  But it's about Meera! "

"About Meera?.. Is everything okay? "- He questioned with seriousness in his voice . 

"Umm.. Although everything is good!..  But She is kind a different nowadays! "-  She Finished.
"Different like what? Is she.. Not answering your calls?.. "
"No!.. I mean she behaves different! "

"Behaves?.. How could you say that?! "
        
"What do you mean how?...Like Always.. Like when I met her in the morning.. She was so quiet and weird! "
"You met her in the morning?.. Does that mean you are in Banglore? "

"Why would I be in Bangalore?! "

".. Because Meera is There!  She is there to visit her family right!.  So if you met her in the morning.. This means you are in banglore!. "

"No!!.. Neither Me!  Nor Meera  is in Bangalore!!   We both are here... In Pune!  For our studies!  ...Exams are going... You don't expect us to bunk the semester exams! "

"ATHIYA!! "

"DEV!!! " . Both Yelled at each other! 

"DEV!  SHUT IT!! "- She declared!  Obviously.. Being a Delhi girl she is great at Shutting people! 

"Okay!!.. But as far as I know.. Meera is in Bangalore since last five days !  With her family for some marriage !  Therefore she asked me not to call her for two weeks as she would be busy And want to give some time to her family!" - DEV completed . 

"What rubbish!!. Who told you that? "

"MEERA.. offcourse! "

"NOOOOO!!!.  She isn't in Bangalore.. 
Although she went there last weekend but was back on Monday!  We had our exams afterall!.  And since then She is behaving.. As if Some ALIEN has Bite her! That's why I called you Dumbo! 
As I thought you might know what's with her!  But here I have to tell you" -  She completed.. With emotions.. Mix of anger,  care, concern and a bit of 'EXCUSE ME! '-  type of girly thing!.

Dev,  didn't responded for minutes.  He was trying to absorb what all his girlfriend's friend had just blurted out!.  Athiya understanding the delicacy of the situation..waited for his response patiently.

Meera lied to him!  But she never does that!  So what was the reason?  Plus,  Her friend is Complaining to him.. About her changed behaviour.  
What was it with his Girlfriend!? Thousands of thoughts  were going in his mind.

"I.. I don't know!  But I will find out soon!.  Wioo call you later.  Anyway thanks for informing! "

"Oh.. That's nothing.  Call me when you feel like! " -   She ended the call without speaking much.  She knew he was currently in more bad condition than her.  More concerned and worried about her best friend.  Therefore she kept the phone aside.. And went to bed.. Wishing for everything to get well soon with her Best friend!. *****

  ( PRESENT)  

".... Then I TRIED TO call MEERA!.. BUT HER phone wasn't reachable.  I tried whole night but no response.
I thought to call Athiya and make Meera talk.. But that would be useless.  I knew her,  that she would definitely come with some story and will avoid the truth.   So I decided to go Pune next day..  and find out myself what was it With Her!!...... " - Dev CHOKED. 
His eyes were wet by now.  Abhishek got up to bring a glass of water for his brother..... 

"So.. What happened when you reached? " -  Abhi enquire.  Dev took a deep sigh and continued...

*****
  Dev reached the Pune station late afternoon.  One more time ,He tried to call before tooking a cab and leaving for AVA ENCLAVE.... In which Meera's Uncle apartment was.  His Uncle,  got a job abroad and migrated to London two years back with his family,  leaving Meera to live there alone.  As,  she was living with thier family for two years when she came to Pune for studying medicines at the "NATIONAL COLLEGE,  Pune ".
Therefore she decided to remain there for one more year and not opting for hostel until she complete her studies.
Honesty,  at first her family including Dev protested her decision to live alone in an apartment.  But were convinced afterwards when her neighbours and the other members of the Enclave assured them.  Dev,  has met some of her friends that live with their families in there.. Therefore He wasn't from then actually worried about her girlfriend much!.  ( ACCORDING TO HIM.. which is a complete lie!. He use to call her friends alternately to assure her safety! ) 

SO...  After reaching the enclave.  He rushed towards her apartment. 
It was 5:00pm,  so he knew she would be home...  He informed her neighbouring friends about his visit so didn't care to look for more permission before visiting her girlfriend's apartment. 

                    *************
   
WORD COUNT :  911. 

((( LIKING??  LEAVE YOUR VIEWS... BEFORE GOING!. ))))