CHAPTER -1

SACRED LOVE

I finally collected the courage to look at her as she laid her head on my shoulder. The moment my eyes fall at her, some unwanted tears escaped from them. 
My girl was at last sleeping peacefully by my side. As my vision cleared, I could find traces of water on her cheeks, which like her nose were still showing the slightest shade of red after sobbing for eternity. 
Her tousled hairs started disturbing her, when they flew with the wind passing the taxi. Slowly I tucked them behind her ear, making sure that my touch does not make her awake. 
Slowing down of her heavy sighs, assured me that my love, was finally at peace for some time. 
The red powder spread over spread all over her partition, was now the evidence of my love for her.  The sacred necklace on her neck that wasn’t clearly in view as her fallen red veil, (which I somehow managed to give her in place of the traditional dress) was on her shoulder, covering her necklace.  
The taxi took a sharp turn and our hands made contact barely for a second. But , even in this condition it was magical to witness! As far as I remember, it was suppose to be our third or fourth contact in the past three years.  Out of which none of them was intentional. Yes, I love her! I love her till eternity. Even though I hadn’t touched her for once (excluding yesterday’s condition), even though I hadn’t hold her hand but I had touched her soul like no one could. Love is always far more than all that. I never find need to hold her whatever would be the condition. 
It was all her eyes and that curve of her lips that were very much enough to fix everything inside me, that were enough to make my heart skip a beat thousands of times. 
I never wanted it all like this. No one would. I had always dreamt of taking her with me, but not like this.  Even in my wildest of dreams I never imagined, that I will see her like this. 
MEERA..With whom one would have define what living life is like! Who was a living evidence for a  perfect smile! Her shining eyes were deeper than the ocean, as a whole she was an epitome of beauty by god! 
We were in the last year of school, when I first met her. I was unexpectedly transferred to NAVY SCHOOL of MUMBAI, after my father’s sudden transfer to the metro city. She was really the charm of the class. Always into some mischief, laughing, giggling, with each person of the class. I was new, to that environment. I remember , How dumbly I reacted, when I founded her sitting beside me in the middle of class. Well, that’s not good to disclose.  What is important to tell is that we fell in love, true love, the deepest ever possible! 

My daydreaming thoughts were interrupted badly, when my phone vibrated. It was a message from Abhi. OR Abhishek , if to be specific.  

“Bro. where are you? Mom said you went to pune! She called but your phone was’nt reachable since last night. She is worried man! Although I know, where you have been but please call her, else she would eat me up ! 
Anyway, I am home now. Came back soon and yes…Call me as soon as possible!” 
                                                 
Abhi, who is 26 right now is currently working in one of the MNC as a managing director. He is handsome, cute and popular among his companions.  He is someone whom no one in our family likes to questions. And I must mention , he deserves that. Having no bad habits, obedient towards family members, being successful at such a young age and obviously an awesome brother, Abhi is just - “an Idol man type material.” 
NOT THINKING MUCH , I IMMEDIATELY CALLED HIM UP. HE NEEDS TO KNOWEVERYTHING! Everything that has happened. I need him. 

“ABHI?” 
“DEV! Where the hell are you man! I know you have a girlfriend with you but that doesn’t mean that you will not answer calls. Mom is screraming since yesterday!!she is sure I know why are you in Pune! And believe me , She will weat me up if you did not contact her soon! Wait, let me call her!-“ 

“No. no . Abhi wait! I need to talk to you!” 

“What happened? Is everything fine?”- he asked concerned 
“NO. Abhi , there is nothing fine! …I, I am in MUMBAI -”- I BREATHED. 

“WHAT? You are here? But where? I mean-“ 
“Hey, stop! Let me speak. ….I am here abhi! With Meera. I.. married her!!!” 
“WHAT!!!!!!! YOU DID WHAT?..BUT HOW! I MEAN WHY! YOU ARE NOT an ADULT Yet ! YOU are Just 19... Under aged!!... HOW COULDYOU! DEV WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? TELL ME!”- HE SHRIEKED. 
“ABHI... Calm down!” 
“What calm down? Are you mad! And how could you? Dev, I need to know everything right now!”- He demanded. 

“That’s why I have called you. Meet me at ‘THE GRAND HOTEL’ in an hour. I am heading there. Come soon!” 
“Okay!”- He hanged up, with panic evident in his his voice. 
I kept my phone inside and rested my head above her!  Future is hard! 
    
                   ****************                 

I was managing the luggage in my room as a voice from the door called.  I headed to open the door and  as expected , founded Abhi outside. 
“Dev. I need to know the everything now! How could you not tell me this before!!”- He rushed inside with screaming and demanding to know the whole thing. 
“hush!!”-I stopped him  making him aware of the young girl sleeping inside the bedroom. 
Finally, We both sat at the edge of the bed, beside her. As she was sleeping deeply, unaware of her surrounding, Abhi glared at her with seriousness. 

I decided,  not to interrupt him, while he was inspecting the whole scene.  He had met her last year on her birthday, when I took him to pune for a tour. I could make out , concern in his eyes as he looked at the deep wounds on her forehead and hands. With heavy sighs,  he finally indicated me to start. 

       ***************************

WORD COUNT:  1043

( Hey!.. COMMENT... VOTE!... AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.. READ IF YOU LIKE!)
       :  LOVE!.  - RIMJHIM