Afternoon Break

Family of 5

Author's POV:

 

It's been 2 weeks since they've moved in to their new home. Everything was perfect, their neighbours loved them and truly adores the kids. The three of them even made new friends with some of the neighbours kids, such as Jihoon, Daehwi and Jinyoung. 

Jihoon is 6 years old like Woojin, Jinyoung is 4 years old which is a year younger than Kuanlin and Daehwi who is 3 years old just like Lil Woojin. They all became friends so fast, always wanting to play at the neighbourhood playground, and sometime sleeps over to either houses.

Both the fathers are very happy to see their sons interacting with other kids and to even make friends with them. Its a little bit easier to see how they could get to play with someone who is at the same age as yourself rather than you play with someone 20 years older, like how Daniel and Seongwoo are. It’s not like they don’t know how to play and act like a kid but for their age, most of them would play console games or their handphones or the computer.

Of course none of that matters for the siblings. They don’t give a about those stuff but instead they asked for an attention and begging for their fathers to play with them and they always won.

Today is an exemption, because Jihoon, Jinyoung and Daehwi came to visit. Basically their parents asked Daniel if they could dropped them over and let them stay till dinner time since they had to leave to Jeonju and will only cameback after dinner. Daniel had to say since he had a day off from work so he’ll be home for the rest of the day to look after them.

The parents were very grateful on Daniel, they left him with some foods, toys, change of clothes, and even a book that have all the informations about their children, which is a very helpful thing for Daniel.

Seongwoo was away for his shooting so he won’t be back in another 3 to 4 more days which only leave Daniel with the kids. He knows it’s gonna get ugly with babysitting 6 jumpy, hyper kids on his own so he ended up calling Jisung and Sewoon for help.

”Jisung hyung, I really need your help and it’s an emergency. There is this neighbour who happens to have three same aged kids as Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin and they asked if I could babysits them and I say yes and now I’m in deep .” Daniel slap his mouth after he had just said the ‘S’ word out loud, so he quickly look around him and sigh in relied when he didn’t see any of the kids.

”If you already know that you couldn’t look after them, why did you go and say yes in the first place.” Daniel could hear Jisung sigh on the other side of the line and he also know that Jisung is probably pinching the bridge of his nose.

Daniel smile sheepishly only to realize that Jisung couldn’t see him, “That is because they’ve babysitted my sons before so I’m just returning the favor. And I can’t go and say no because basically my sons are so super extra happy when they heard about their new friends stopping by.”

Again he heard Jisung sigh, "Okay, fine. Give me 15 minutes and I'll be there. Still need to wrapped up some more exam papers and these kids are giving me the headache with all their ridiculous answers."

Daniel couldn't help it but to smile, "Okay hyung. See you later." they ended the call, before Daniel could make another call for Sewoon, he felt a tugged on his leg. He glances down to see Woojin looking at him with a mix of confusion and worries. "Yes, Woojinie?" he gently asks, as he pocketed his phone into his pants.

"Umm, I don't know how to tell you daddy. Umm, but when we we're playing around inside our room..uhh, well.." Woojin is having a hard time trying to explain to Daniel about whatever had happen while they were playing and this made Daniel slightly and slowly going into a panic mode, but he tried to calm down and gave Woojin a pat.

"Don't worry Woojinie, just tell me whatever do you want to say. Is something wrong? Did any of you got hurt?" he gently asked as he starts to crouched down to look into his son's eyes, threading his fingers through his hair.

Woojin play with his shirt and bit his bottom lips while he glanced up to look into his daddy's eyes too. "Yes. Kuanlinie accidentally broke a glass of water in the kitchen while he try to give it to Jinyoungie, and one of the pieces of the glass pierced through his..palm."

Daniel felt like his heart just stop when Woojin finally tell him the whole thing, and he was wondering on why didn't he heard the sound of something broke while he was not that far away from the kids. Oh maybe because he was too immersed with his conversation with Jisung hyung that he didn't heard the sound of glass shattered to the floor.

"Thank you Woojin, for telling me." he gave his son a ruffles to his hair before he quickly ran into the kitchen, now hearing the sound of loud cries coming from his second oldest.

Daniel slide into the kitchen and stop his track when he sees them all standing around the broken glass of water, and Kuanlin sitting on the floor crying in pain as he hold onto his hand up where the pieces of glass stuck in his palm, and Lil Woojin looking like he too was about to start his waterfalls work. He sees Jihoon bending down to take a piece of the glass, but Daniel quickly stopped him.

"Don't touch the glasses Jihoon-ah. As a matter of fact, none of you should touch them. Now, come here and watch out for the broken glasses. Don't want to get them stuck onto your feet." he gesture for the boys to come to him with his hand, slowly they take a step and as they are out of the boundaries of broken glasses and making sure none of them gets hurt, Daniel when to his sons.

He kicked some of the big pieces one to the side and crouches down infront of Kuanlin to inspect the injuries. "There, there Kuanlinie. Daddy's here, let me see your hand." He was devastated to see how his son was crying, tears streaming down like a waterfall. He wiped his tears away, and try his best to calm the younger down with sweet whispers, fingers his son's hair. He glanced to his youngest standing not far from where they are, smiling gently at him trying to make sure he didn't start crying as well.

When he sees Lil Woojin stops sniffling, he asked Woojin to bring him out of the kitchen. He brought his eyes back to Kuanlin, when he sees how his second son starts to calmed down, few tears still slide down his cheeks, a light sniffles coming from him but it's good enough. At least the tear jerking show have slightly stop and Kuanlin calming down.

Daniel took his hand and get a good look on the wound. Thank god the piece of the glass was not that big, and the bleeding was not that much. He swiftly scooped Kuanlin up and walked towards the bathroom.

"Let's wash away the blood okay." Kuanlin only nods as he held onto his father's collar. Daniel quickly run the water tap onto Kuanlin's hand, and told him that he's gonna pull the glass out. Seeing that his son buried his face into the crook of his neck, trying not see him pulling it out. Daniel whispers to his son saying everything gonna be okay, and some reassuring words trying to distract Kuanlin from him pulling out the glass. He did it swiftly without Kuanlin even noticing.

Daniel shows him the glass that was earlier stuck into his palm. "There, it's gone. Come, let's put you on some band aid." 

---

After he's done treating the wound, Daniel told them to be careful about their surroundings. He makes sure that they won't stray from his eyes again, this time while he cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, he would keep checking on the kids that is now enjoying some cartoons playing on the TV.

The bell to his house rang, and Woojin was fast enough to jump down from the couch and check the intercom. There was a click coming from the front door and Daniel know who it was, just by how Woojin reacted. "Daddy! Uncle Jisung is here!" 

Jisung walked into the living room with a bag of what Daniel think, food. "Hi ya kiddo. Did you boys missed me?" he asked, and they quickly gave the older a hug, which is a good enough answer.

He said his hellos towards the neighbours kids before making his way to Daniel. He stop his track and to see the now almost all the pieces gathered in one place to be thrown into the dustbin. He look up to the Daniel. "Dude, did something happen?"

"Yeah, Kuanlinie broke a glass of water by accident and he got himself hurt. But it's fine now. I guess." Daniel answer, not looking at the older as he throws away the glasses and brushed off his hand when he's done. He washed his hand and turned to look at the older.

He sees Jisung stared at him, sometimes blinking before the older placed the bag down on the counter. "Have you told Seongwoo yet." he ask, and Daniel quickly shake his head. Daniel didn't really plan to tell Seongwoo about the accident and he also does not want to disturb the older from his shooting but maybe he have to later before he go to sleep because he knows that Seongwoo will bound to find out about it even if he didn't tell him. So before he gets a long lecture from the older, he better tell him before Seongwoo himself finds out.

"Later. I'll tell him tonight." he concluded. Jisung didn't ask him more and just starts planning on what they should have for lunch. Few minutes later, his door bell rings again indicating the second person he had called after he treat Kuanlin wound arrived.

Sewoon greets them and before he know it, he too was being tackled by Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin. Both Daniel and Jisung laughs at him.

Sewoon too asked Daniel about what happened to Kuanlin when he sees the band aid on the younger palm and Daniel told him about what happened. Then they start with their cooking for lunch, well mostly Jisung's doing all the work since he can't handle seeing Daniel trying his best to peel off the onion, not without him stopping and crying. "Ahh! My eyes! Ahh bwoya! It stings!" Daniel kept on repeating every single time he peeled the onion. "You're being dramatic, Niel. You didn't even starts cutting it yet and you've already have all the tears jerking coming on. Next time, please help your mom in the kitchen more often. Get use to the kitchen." Jisung starts his nagging, snatching away the onion and the knife from Daniel. 

Daniel watched how Jisung was so fast in cutting them into half and then chopped them into smaller pieces, more like dicing them. He was amazed. Daniel still have the tears in his eyes because it still sting but he gave Jisung an applaud. Jisung snorts and told him to start with egg. Sewoon was busy with the meat. Jisung had simply ask him to cut it into smaller pieces of 8 or 10 but he was having a hard time trying to do so.

And again, Jisung had to do all the job. He wish how Minhyun or Seongwoo would be here with him so he could get the job done fast.

---

Once everything had settle and they all starts to enjoy the food. They were lots of groaning and gasping and of delight whenever they took a bite of their lunch that was prepared (1000%) by Jisung. "Ohh yes, this is so good, hyung! I can die in happiness now. So good~" Daniel said in pure bliss. He recalled about one time Seongwoo had cooked him meal and it was also so so good, that it made him reminded of his mother's cooking back in Busan.

Sewoon too was in pure bliss as he downed the food like someone who haven't eaten in days. The three of them watched how the kids was enjoying the food too and Jisung stick his nose up, satisfied with the results. He was being a proud mother hen like he always have, Daniel and Sewoon couldn't say anything. They can't deny Jisung skills in cooking so they had to agree on it.

For them, if they were asked to rank the them between Jisung, Seongwoo and Minhyun on who is better in cooking, Sewoon would have pick Jisung as the first, than Minhyun and Seongwoo, while Daniel will choose Seongwoo, then Jisung and Minhyun.

Okay it's not because he like Seongwoo or something, just that maybe because he had tasted his cooking more often than their friends have ever did and he simply can't deny how good all his food tasted like. Just by thinking about it right now makes his mouth water and misses Seongwoo's cooking. He wished that he would come home this instant and cook for him lunch or better yet dinner.

Daniel accidentally blurted out how he misses Seongwoo's cooking, earning him a teased from Jisung and Sewoon. "Aigoo~ Does our Niel-ie finally realized his feelings for our Seongwoo-ie? Aigoo~" they both cooes and poked Daniel's now puffy and painted with a faint of pink cheeks as he try to deny that he misses Seongwoo. Damn mouth.

"Don't worry, he'll be back before you could even spell Alpaca." Jisung laughed, wiggling his eyebrows at Daniel. He and Sewoon exchanged glance as they watched how Daniel was still blushing with the thought of Seongwoo.

Although, or as Daniel thought that his friends is so dense and slow in catching up on things, he was so wrong about them. Jisung, Sewoon and Jaehwan could easily read him even by just one look at his face to know how he would look like if he have someone he like or if he is interested in that person in more than as friend. In this cases, both Jisung and Sewoon had confirmed it.

Daniel likes Seongwoo more than just a friend, because everytime they talked about Seongwoo, they watched how Daniel would blushed or got all flustered just by his name. They too know that Daniel can't hide his feeling that well even if he try his best to hide it. He can't mask away his feelings if he have taken liking into someone but he will always be grateful when the said person is so dense about his crush.

He wanted to slap himself when they all had done cleaning up the dishes and went to the backyard and have some fresh air, and watched how the kids play around the garden, kicking balls or playing with the remote controlled helicopter or cars, when Jisung and Sewoon both said he should tell Seongwoo about his feelings.

He vigorously denies them, saying he don't have that sort of feelings towards the older but he cursed himself for stammering everytime he denies it, and of course he would blushed again just by thinking of Seongwoo. This . It really , thats what Daniel thought.

'Just tell him.' 

 

------

Okay so I actually said that I'm gonna make this chapter as their friends or family helping OngNiel realize their feelings for each other.....but I'm sorry it turns out the other way around xDDDD. 

I'll start with the next chapter though, on them helping OngNiel. So sorry for this chapter guys but I did gave some of Daniel's hint of having romantic feelings for Seongwoo here ^^

I promise I'll make it up to you guys for the next chapter :DDD

And yeah, I introduced Jihoon , Jinyoung and Daehwi here as kids too hahaha. I might introduce Sungwoon on the next chapter as one of Seongwoo's friend maybe or as Jisung's boyfriend? Dunno yet though.

Comments please :DDD

and as usual, sorry for the typos and errors ;)))