Neighborhood date!

Baekxing One Shots

He shuffled around the bed, a little at the comfort his bed gives on a Sunday morning. He loved these sort of moments, they were simple and basic, even. But they held so much value because they aren’t that recurrent in Baekhyun's busy work life.

But something felt really different about himself today. He felt happier than he would feel any other morning. However he neglected that tingly feeling in his gut, but realized right then. He had promised Yixing, who moved in their apartment just Yesterday, that he’d show him around the neighborhood soon. He couldn't wait to spend more time with his new neighbor. The incident of how they first wasn’t all that funny, but Baekhyun laughed loud when he thought about it.

Yixing had been an absolute mess in moving into his apartment. The man was exhausted thoroughly when he finished getting all his stuff to the apartment. Yet he had decided that he had to unpack as a whole evening was left ahead of him. 

As Yixing had moved around his stuff, Baekhyun was almost deaf by the amount of noise all this had caused. Undeniably, he had been irritated because he didn't deserve to be disturbed during his lazy one and a half day break, and had almost reached his breaking point when he heard a loud thud. However it was followed by Yixing groaning in pain, so Baekhyun had scrunched his face as if he could feel his new neighbor's pain as well. He rushed out to the next door. 

(Un)Fortunately the door was unlocked, so Baekhyun opened it harshly, letting the door free to slightly bang the wall that was attached to it. 

Yixing was face flat on the floor of the centre of the hall, and when he felt Baekhyun’s presence in front of him, he slightly turned his head up with a painful yet incredulously funny face. It took everything Baekhyun had in him to not laugh and topple over the floor.

Later, after Baekhyun helped him up, the duo learnt that Yixing tripped over the bottle of deodorant that had been lying carelessly in the ground. However the Chinese man was perfectly fine and unhurt after taking a while to plop down on his couch. 

Baekhyun convinced him to unpack much later than then, and after that incident he couldn’t do much so he complied. They spent the evening cleaning the basic mess though, and Baekhyun made his little promise. They had exchanged numbers at the end of it, and Baekhyun left early because Yixing wanted to shower. 

He checked his kakaotalk, and predictably he had got a message from Yixing himself. 

Hey Baek, wanna show me around today?

Well, Baekhyun did know it was obviously today that he'd show around, it was the only full day in a week wherein he didn't work. Saturdays consisted of half day shifts usually.

He looked over at his clock. 12 pm. Not to be dramatic but it was still an unholy hour for Baekhyun to venture out anywhere, because he usually didn't move out if his bed unless he needed food and although it was just going around the neighborhood that he was really used to, he usually won’t be in a rush to get ready.

But this time he did. 

Yeah, see you in 30 ;) And lunch at my place okay? 

He wondered why he was so excited to meet someone he barely knew, but he was trying to look his best in a blue and red striped T-shirt, it was perfect for the scorching weather of the last April morning for the year. Baekhyun then set it with simple blue jeans and within twenty minutes. 

He decided to make a quick breakfast for them both because he was running late. Not like it mattered much but he didn't like the idea of directing his attention to things that aren't his guest. 

Baekhyun found himself grinning a little too much. He really liked his new neighbour. 

The doorbell rang. 

When Baekhyun saw Yixing on the other side of the door, he was greeted with a dimpled smile that tingled his insides. 

Baekhyun smiled awkwardly, as he waved his hand shyly. This gesture made Yixing eyes crinkle with genuine fondness and Baekhyun couldn't handle this weird moment. 

So he let Yixing inside his house because the latter hadn't seen it yet, and had insisted that it was only fair that Baekhyun gave him a tour in here too because Yixing had toured him around his place last evening. There wasn't much there though, but Baekhyun liked the balcony, it was much spacious than his. 

Baekhyun let his dramatic self take over, and he was saying stuff like, "This is my kitchen! " as if Yixing wouldn't have guessed from the messed up utensils that Baekhyun hadn't washed yet after making lunch for later. 

When realization hit Baekhyun that he should infact wash those stuff, he scowled because he kinda failed on his earlier mission to finish up everything. 

"Ugh... Wait a minute Yixing, I'll finish washing these and then we can go. "

Baekhyun went on to begin his chore after he said those words, but Yixing went beside him right away. He didn't help washing the dishes like Baekhyun expected because what else could he be beside Baekhyun for... But Yixing just hummed a familiar tune. 

Baekhyun whispered, mostly to himself, "Oh... "

"This feels so nice..." Baekhyun thought as he felt Yixing's presence next to his. And since there weren't too many utensils Baekhyun finished up soon. 

"You have a nice voice, " The shorter said, and Yixing just thanked him, albeit a bit shyly. 

They headed out a little later. 

Yixing initiated the conversation, "Where are we going first? " 

"Wait wait, it's not too far~ And since I only made lunch for later and didn't eat breakfast..." Baekhyun told in a singsong manner as he headed towards the Starbucks joint nearby. 

"Yah! Are you for real... " Yixing exasperatedly said, and even Baekhyun didn't know why he'd bring his new crush here. 

Baekhyun had to literally drag Yixing into the place, the latter was too hesitant. 

"It isn't my fault that this neighborhood hasn't got a better dine-in place than Starbucks. But it's definitely your fault that you moved in here. "

Yixing sighed, "Really... What sort of judgment is that, even? "

"I ACTUALLY like Starbucks, unlike you!" He actually doesn't, just that he doesn't hate it either. He's familiar with the place and it's not that bad. 

Yixing ordered a croissant along with a Caramel Macchiato, and Baekhyun bought his usual Chicken mayo sandwich, paired with a regular Americano. 

"Okay so. Let's begin from scratch, okay, like introductions... I'm Byun Baekhyun, my big day is on May 6th," Yixing laughed, that was an interesting way to reveal one's birthday. 

"And I'm 25. I can sing, I love doing Karaoke ... Oh and I work as a admin in XO publishing. That's it I guess. Your turn!"

Yixing bet his expensive watch that Baekhyun did this whole thing just to let him know that his birthday falls next week. Because they did talk a bit with each other last evening and they already knew the basics of each other. Yixing found this cute. He found a lot of things about Baekhyun to be cute. 

So he smiled and played along, "Hmm, I'm Zhang Yixing but you can call me Lay too.. I work at an MNC but I compose music sometimes. My birthday is on October 7th, and I'm only a year older than you."

Baekhyun almost openly fawned at the dimple that followed Yixing's smile, "Wow.. That's so cool that you compose music! Okay I got this, let me sing one of your compositions one day okay? "


"Sure! I'm excited to hear you singing too. "

Baekhyun pumped his fist in the air, "Yay! "

Yixing laughed at his child-likeness. 

 

"You are weird, but interesting Baekhyun, " 
The Chinese man said after a while while winking at his neighbor. 

Baekhyun blinked. Yixing just WINKED? 

"Uh... Thank you Lay-hyung~"

Flustered, he threw all his concentration on the sandwich and began to eat it, although slowly with hesitance. Yixing laughed but followed right after. 

"Lay-hyung, huh... " 

He definitely liked his new nickname. 

After breakfast, they went to a park nearby. Honestly it was quite disappointing that it wasn't kids style. But the flora around there were wonderful, good for a breather, to be away from city life even for a little while. 

They went for a stroll together as the weather was somewhat better, less sunny for a summer morning at least. 

It was mostly uneventful, except that they both sang some of their own favorite songs. 

They took a few pictures as well, and Baekhyun told himself that he'll keep those pictures in his treasury of memories. Especially the one where he surprised Yixing by poking on his dimple all of a sudden. 

---


"You made this?? " Yixing later asked as he tasted the jajangmyeon back at Baekhyun's apartment. Baekhyun nodded his head, albeit a little shyly. 


"It's so good, wow! "


"I'm great at many things but my cooking the worst you'd ever encounter in your life honestly.. "


"Ah? But I really like this though. "


Baekhyun scoffed. This man was unbelievably nice. 

"Like, if what you're saying is true, then you must've really worked hard to make it taste this good," Yixing smiled. 


Baekhyun might've fell a little harder. 

 

He laughed though, this was the first time someone has ever praised his cooking, and he was in fact proud of himself because he did work harder than usual this morning. 


They both finished their lunch quickly and washed their dishes. 


After that, Baekhyun just went to the hall and lied on the floor, patting the space next to him as if beckoning Yixing to join in. 


And he did. 


"So... " Baekhyun began. 


Yixing turned his head towards him, "Baekhyun-ah, I enjoyed this date, despite you being a poor tour guide. "

Baekhyun jerked up, "Yah! "


Yixing followed, they both were now sitting on the floor facing each other. 

Baekhyun was clearly flustered, he looked at the ground and looked all pouty when he whispered, "It wasn't a date.. "

 

Yixing intertwined his left hand with Baekhyun's right, and smiled at him,"But I considered it to be, though.. And I really, really, enjoyed it!"


Baekhyun reciprocated Yixing's gesture,  and gave him a knowing smile. 


"Then... Do you want to go to the Karaoke tonight? "

 

 

1St January 2018, 2:43am KST

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL. First of all I'm sorry for late updates but I have exams :// and my update after this will be very late too as I'm working on two prompts, one for a long ff and one for a novella. Wish me luck for the next three months tho bc I won't have time to breathe! 

 

And well this one shot was as Cheesy as a cheese burst Dominos pizza, and that's a hella lot trust me. I hope you still liked it though, because we need more Baekxing in this cruel world that seems to separate OT9 :<

 

P. S. I love Baekhyun with my whole heart and soul, I hope he's doing well despite things that are happening rn.