New School, New Me

Heaven

Zen's POV

I wonder how my life in this new environment will turn out... Can't believe that I've become a university student already omg!!
Junior High and High School passed too quickly and boringly and embarrassingly...I hope university life would be much better...

Maybe not...I'm all by myself now, Wendy has her own friends, own classes to go to...And I'm just an awkward turtle, it's so hard to make friends...Aish Zen! Why are you such an introvert!

That aside, I need to find my first lecture's venue...This school is so big, I don't even know where is everything and I have to find out on my OWN...in addition to the fact that I really lack the sense of directions. This time round, there is really no one else to save me...

Let me check the school map on my phone...so i just have to walk straight all the way, walk up the stairs and turn left and...

*BUMP*

"Ahhh! I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's okay"

Oh My Gosh, Zen! What are you doing? Banging into a guy's chest on the first day of being a university student? Omg, when will you stop being so careless!

He's quite handsome though hehehe, looks abit like someone I know, can't really remember who is it though...

Oh here it is! The lecture hall!
 

After lecture...

The lecturer didn't even make any sense to me though, he was just rambling on and on and on. I don't even know what did I learn for the past 2 hours. Bless myself though, 2 full hours and I still can't muster up enough courage to say 'hi' and make friends with the people sitting beside me...

Should I meet Wendy for lunch? Okay I shall text her...

YAY SHES FREE!! Omg I mssed her so much! I'm soooo not used to this university life and being on my own... At least, I had my clique of friends with me wherever I went in Junior high and High school... It's so unbearable to not see anyone you know in school and classes at all...I even had to find my way around by myself... Let's go to the cafeteria and wait for Wendy there.

Moments later...

"Wendy! I missed you so much Wendy!"

"Its only been 3 days since we've met dear, haha aren't you exaggerating abit too much?"

"That's because I have been ALL ALONE this whole morning in school... I had to find my own way around too. How many hundreds of buildings does this university has? Gosh! I had to figure out which bus to take to get around the lecture venues as well. Don't you face the same problem?"

"Not really the case for me though, I have a few seniors to follow around, and I have the same major as them so the places I have to go are always around the same area as their's. My dear Zen, you've had it hard this morning. It will get better with time. Too bad though, why didn't you join the orientation camps? You would have met seniors and friends there like me!"

"It's not like you don't know how introverted I am and how bad I am at making friends...If I went for the camp I would have made others feel awkward."

"You can always just dance, everyone will want to be your friend after watching you dance though."

"I can't just be dancing for no reason right, Wendy? And it's not like I'm the only who learnt how to dance."

"But you're hella y when you do.."

"Haha stop flattering me. How was your lecture?"

"It  was okay, I understand the content and made friends with a few.. Yours?"

"Well, the opposite, I didn't understand the lecturer and did not make any friends hahaha it was as expected..."

"Zen, you have to get better at this though, you can't survive without friends at this university, you need friends to depend on and to trust. For example, when you are sick, who would be collecting notes for you or tell the lecturer for you? I can't do it for you anymore, we have different majors. The rest of our clique are in other universities as well..."

"Okay, I'll try then..."

"Have you received your medical report?"

"What medical report?"

"Don't you know about the compulsory university health check up?"

"No..."

"That is why I said friends are important, whether or not the friendships last long, you will still need them for information and connections. Go to the  University's clinic and get one done, then you can do the rest of the registering online."

"Where is the clinic though?"

"Oh my gosh, Zen... I'll send you the directions later, meanwhile please try to make friends okay? I'm really worried for you..."

"Okay I'll try, don't worry about me too much, Wendy."

"Alright. Let's not talk about these stuff then. Have you found any eyecandies around in school yet?"

"This school is so damn big, I've only been to like 1% of the whole area, so I haven't met any of them yet. There was this one handsome guy whom I bumped into though, he looks familiar.."

"Do you know the medicine student famous for his looks? He is really handsome! I heard he has really good grades and he is a nice person as well! Oh! And his family is rich! He is like the perfect one every girl is looking for to marry! Future doctor as well! Most importantly, he is SINGLE!! How lucky his future girlfriend will be! He looks like Exo's KAI as well. My friend sent me a photograph of him just now, let me show you..."

Ahhh... the guy just now looked like KAI too, no wonder I found him so familiar. How can so many people look like KAI though... I mean, not anyone can be so handsome, cute and y at the same time!

"Zen, look here, this is that sunbae. How is it as an EXO-L? You have to admit he looks like KAI right? And the best thing is, you know what? His name is Kai as well, hes also born in the same year as KAI! SO amusing right?"

"Are you sure he didn't name himself after Exo's KAI after seeing Exo's success?"

"They said that his name is reflected as 'Kai' on his student card though."

But he does really look like my 'hubby', KAI and he is the one I bumped into just now...

"I think he is the one I bumped into just now though"

"OMG Zen! How lucky! I see, you are starting school with some good luck yeah!"

"How I wish I really had good luck though..."

 

Kai's POV

-From 2nd storey of the cafeteria-

"How I wish I really had good luck though..."

Good Luck? What kind of wish is this... its not like a luck can be given... Its all based on hardwork and chances, luck doesn't exist...

This voice is familiar though...

*Flashesback* "Ahh! I'm so sorry!"

Ahh... it's that girl who didn't know where to go...Looks like her lecture is over. She must be a freshman since she doesn't know her directions..

Help? Nah, it's not like me if I helped her. I embrace my principle of minding my own business. I mean, just look at the number of girls who I don't even know who got my phone number from my 'friends'... I have to deal with all these and help myself before I can help others...On top of that, I have to do well to keep my GPA high. I can always just hope that she gets to the correct place anyway.

It's scary though, I have such an amazing memory of voices, I know who is wishing, even though the wishes may be personal and secret...It gets so noisy... Sometimes, I wish I didn't had this ability. The saddest thing is I can't even grant my own wishes...sighs...

"Kai! Will you be there tomorrow to showcase your talents for the freshmen?"

"I don't think so, I'm not even an active member of the crew"

"Come on! We need you to bring in the talented fresmen to join us! You are the best among us and you have the best visuals too!"

"But..."

"Hey Kai, you already said you aren't an active member, so please help us this once ya! Just this once! It's the least you can do for the crew!"

"Alright then...But in exchange, I won't be joining the orientation for freshmen of the crew. I won't be there to judge for the auditions as well."

"Okay thanks buddy!"

"No problem."

Day 2 of University life

"Ahh...I wish I can watch Kai sunbae perform later!"

"I wish I can get a proper view of his performance!"

"I wish he would notice me cheering for him!"

"I wish I can get a proper fancam of Kai sunbae!"

"I wish he does fanservice for us later omg!!"

Sorry ladies, I won't be granting your wishes, have fun.

Zen's POV

"Zen! I heard Kai sunbae is performing for the freshmen today! Let's go watch! You wanted to join the dance crew too right?"

"Okay...well...since I'm interested I'll watch it with you. Isn't he very popular though, wouldn't it be crowded?"

''Don't worry, I have a few seniors from the crew, I asked them to save seats for us. Let's go!"

Moments later...

Oh wow... he really does have alot of fans...

Omg, can they stop screaming? He's not even the real KAI! He's not even on the stage yet, and they are already screaming...They're so loud, I think I might go deaf when he's really on the stage.

"Zen! OMG OMG He is coming out!!!"

"Haha... please calm down Wendy, your bias isn't even KAI, it's not even a Kyungsoo look-alike, why are you so excited?"

"Because KAI is Kyungsoo's and Kai sunbae is real hot"

"Hahaha okay, if you say so..."

'KYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH'

Omg they really have very high pitched voices huh, his fans...

OH WOW His stunts! Oh my gosh! He's y! WOWOWOW those quadruple pirouettes! I thought only KAI could do them...OMG his waves!! Did he just do 10 turns and one in the air?! WOW! Omg! He's B-boying! How versatile!! Oh my...Look at that control of energy and strength, that's what I've always wanted to achieve! The accents of his movements are so on point! Now i get why he has so many fans...It's quite hard not to be his fan hahaha

I wouldn't become his fan though, KAI still does these things better...But I admit, this sunbae is really very good...

"How was it?"

"Great!"

"Haven't fell for him yet? That's weird... I heard that usually KAI stans fall for him immediately..."

"Nah, KAI is the the most perfect guy for me hehe, my heart wouldn't change"

"Says who? Your heart changed 4 years ago, from Taemin to your ex-crush and then to KAI"

"SHHHHH! That's in the past!!"

"Don't come crying to me when you fall for this Sunbae okay"

"I won't"

"Are you sure? I heard he stays in the same hostel block as you though. If you see him coming out from the showers you'll probably bleed from your nose."

"Huh? Aren't the hostels separated by gender?"

"Oh my gosh Zen, looks like you've only met those on your storey...it's separated by genders by storeys, not by blocks...So who knows you might just see him around? Lucky girl!"

"I don't think I'll be that lucky though.."

"That's true, even people staying on the same storey as him don't see him often. You are joining his dance crew though!"

"I might not get through the auditions hahaha, it's still too early to say."

"With your skills, it's impossible not to pass the auditions girl! When is it?"

"Later, in the evening!"

"Okay fighting!!!"

Evening...

"Okay freshmen! Now we'll teach you the steps for the choreography for 10 minutes. Then, group A will be judged for the auditions first, then group B and C and so on, okay? The rest of the groups can practice while another group is auditioning!"

10 minutes?! How am I supposed to memorise a choreography in 10 minutes?! Memorising a choreography is the one thing I can't do well! 10 minutes omg? I usually take one full hour at least! And I'm in group A, which means I won't have time to practice at all? This is unfair though...

"Group A can come in for the audition now!"

You can do this, Zen! Just do your best!

"Okay start!"

Omg omg... what's next omg... what's the next step again? Oh no! Why am I in this corner? I have no one to look at to copy from! Let me turn and take a look... WHAT? They all KNOW the steps in 10 minutes? Omg how talented! Looks like I'm lacking quite alot although I've been dancing for 10 years! Okok so left hand, turn, tap, and right leg goes to the back then.... Oh no, why am I blanking out? I cant remember the steps...Omg body can you please move?! Stop standing there so stiffly and spacing out! I can't move! The judge is shaking his head....in my direction....

"A3, you may leave the room."

A3? That's me! Okay...Looks like I've failed....What is this? Dancing is the only thing I'm good in other than fangirling...And now they are telling me that I'm not good at dancing at all? So now, I have nothing I'm actually good at? What is this?

*Flashback*"With your skills its impossible not to pass the auditions girl!"

Looks like my friends thought too highly of me...I was so confident I could get in too...Looks like I thought too highly of myself too...

I feel so empty now...It's not like dancing was my talent to begin with, I just practiced doing it for 10 years and gradually got better at it...I can't even say that the judging was unfair because the rest of my group performed so well at the auditions...I was the only one who couldn't remember the steps.

I can't even say that I'm robbed of my talent, it probably wasn't even mine to begin with...wow..I can literally feel my heart sinking and my self-eseem hitting the ground...

*Flashback*"You can always just dance, everyone will want to be your friend after watching you dance though."

What is this supposed to mean then? The only reason people want to be friends with me doesn't even exist anymore as well? How am I supposed to explain this to Wendy? She must have had high expectations of me...She's been there since I started my dancing journey though...She must be disappointed...

Gosh, I feel like crying now.....

*Text message: Zen! I heard you went for the crew auditions, how was it?*

It's Irene... the one I always danced with...She would be disappointed if she heard that I did not pass too. Oh right! She went for the auditions as well! I didn't see her just now though! Maybe I was just too focused on learning the choreography.

Come to think of it, we wanted to audition together because we have always been together whenever we are dancing... If she got in and I didn't. it'll be the first time shes dancing without me though...

*Text message: Can we meet? I'm just at the table behind you!*

"Irene!"

"Zen! How was it?"

"I failed the audtition... I was the first to leave the room"

"I'm sorry...Zen, I passed the audition...But I feel really bad for you..."

"Why? Congratulations to you!"

"No...Because I think I know how you feel...Zen, I've always been the one dancing with you, and I know how much passion you have for dancing...It's much much more than me...I know you wanted a place in the crew much more than me as well...I'm sorry..."

"Irene, why are you sorry? It's not your fault at all! I just didn't do well!"

"But I know how much getting into the crew means to you, while it doesn't mean that much to me...Moreover, you've been dancing for 10 years, failing this is really ruining your dancing routine and passion...You must be feeling awful right now, looking at me, right?"

"Nah, I don't... I'm just not very lucky and not good enough... that's all"

"Don't think that way, I've always looked up to you, the rest of our high school dance team as well, no one can say that you aren't good...because you are really awesome at dancing...Please don't let this failure hurt you okay? I really don't want to see you give up on dancing... I enjoy watching you dance the most..."

"Irene... why are you tearing up? It's okay, I'm fine... I wont give up!"

"Promise? I really want to dance together with you again! I just can't let go of all our memories of dancing and performing together, I want to make more of those memories..."

"Sure....I'll try..."

"Alright, go rest. This is just a mini setback. Let's try again next year okay? It's obviously their loss for not picking you, They are really blind for not being able to see your talent. It's not because you aren't good enough okay? Don't equate your 10 years of dancing to nothing alright?"

"Okay... I'll see you soon..." It wasn't Irene's fault at all...Still, I don't know why, but I don't really want to see her right now...Let's turn around and go back...

"Hey Zen, I think you might want to consider the dancing interest group, its just an interest group so no auditions are required. We can join that and dance together if you want."

"Won't you be very busy though?"

"The interest group doesn't have fixed practices so we can dance together whenever we are free!"

"Okay, I will consider...Thanks for the talk Irene...I'll really miss dancing with you.."

"Same...see you! Tell me when you decide to join!"

"Okay!"

Ahhh... I feel a little more consoled after talking to Irene though...

Let's hurry and go back to shower and sleep...I need a good night's rest...Today was a little too eventful for me, it's so tiring...

*Lift's doors opens: '6th Storey'*

Aish! What am I thinking? Where is my brain? This is not your home, Zen, you don't live on the 6th storey anymore... you live on the 5th...

"Wait!"

This guy is running towards the lift from the other end of the block...

"I'll hold it for you!"

"Thanks!"

He pressed the button for the ground level... It's Kai sunbaenim...and I'm staring at him...quite intensely...He's gorgeous...