-chapter five-

The rain will always remind us.

-chapter five-

 

Still holding your best friend the two of you stood in the hallway. She wasn't really crying but she sniffled every now and then. No one said a word, but that wasn't really necessary. The both of you had been friends for so long, that even just the presence of the other made every situation better. After a few minutes though, Eunji carefully freed herself out of your hug and looked at you with swollen, red eyes, smiling slightly.

“I'm sorry that I called you. I know you're not happy either these days..”

Immediately you shook your head, giving her a gentle smack against her forehead while smiling warmly.

“I'll be always here, I already told you. Stop talking nonsense!”

With that you linked arms with her and gently pulled her into the living room. Since Eunji lived alone with her mother, the relatively big house seemed quiet and lonely, you understood, that she called you. Quickly you pressed her onto the sofa before leaving for the kitchen, getting glasses and something to drink, before sitting down next to her.

“I'm sorry I didn't bring anything.. I was actually on the go when you called and there was no convenience store on my way to you..” you mumbled while filling your glasses up and handing one over. She smiled at you.

“You're here, that's all I need!” Her smile turned into a grin as she noticed how cheesy she sounded.

 

“But.. you were on the go? I thought you had a self-pity day. You usually never leave the flat then. Where'd you go?”

Uncomfortably you squirmed on your place, taking a few small sips out of your glass and looking everywhere but into her face. For some reason you felt embarrassed about the whole situation with Jimin. He was a stranger. You just lost the -as you thought- love of your life. It wasn't possible to fall for someone so fast, right? Not like this at least. But still.. you almost kissed him and you were definitely all over that idea.

“Sojin? Why are you blushing? Don't tell me..”

She wiggled her eyebrows, scooting closer to you.

“You met that hot stranger, right? Right?!”

There was no use in denying it, so you nodded while drawing little circles onto the seating area of the sofa. You thought Eunji would scold you, tell you that this is not how a food girl would behave, but again she surprised you; happily she hugged you for a short moment.

“I'm so glad. I was scared that Yugyeom this little...” she cleared “I was so scared, that he scarred you, leaving you bitter by the thought of love. But I can just see, that you like him. Jimin, right?”

You nodded and looked up, a smile on your lips that you couldn't suppress. That's why you loved this girl so much. But instead of talking more about him you cleared your throat.

“So.. your mother.. What happened? Is she okay right now?”

 

Eunji told you, that her mother had some kind of sudden feeling of faintness and dizzyness as she walked down the stairs and that she fell because of this. She had a broken leg and a few sprained ribs, but that she'd be well very soon and even joked again before Eunji left the hospital.
After this the two of you talked about this and that. Everytime she tried to bring Jimin up you immediately changed the subject. For some reason you didn't want to talk about him, as if he was your little secret, and eventually she stopped bringing him up.
At around 2am Eunji had fallen asleep on the couch next to you. Pretty tired and yawning yourself you searched for a few blankets in her room -you basically knew where everything was in this household- covered your best friend with one of them and snuggled under the other one yourself. Then you pulled out your phone.
Two new messages.

“I hope your friend and her mother are okay. I don't even know them and I'm worried, but I'm sure you're able to calm her down and support her, there's something about you that makes everyone feel relaxed and calm.”

Was the first one, making you smile brighter than you should've. The other one was by Jimin as well, send just a few minutes ago.

“I have a busy day tomorrow so I will go to sleep. Please msg me if something comes up and I'll be there and help. Other then that.. sleep tight.”

“Everything is okay so far over here. I'm about to go to sleep now, too. I hope your day won't be too stressful tomorrow. Sleep well!”

You were about to put your phone aside, as you saw, that Jimin was typing. With a weird tingling sensation in your tummy you waited.

“I'll just think of you if it gets too much. ♥”

Then he went offline. Smiling to yourself, you hid under the blanket and fell asleep shortly after. It was an exciting, nerve wrecking day.

 

.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:*

 

The next day went by in kind of a blur. You left Eunjis place in the morning when she went to the hospital to see her mother and then just kind off lingered around in your apartment. It was a beautiful day outside but you didn't feel like being out and about.
You checked your phone quite a few times but Jimin didn't text you; actually he hadn't been online since his last message. His day must've been really busy.
Eventually you ended up turning on the TV. You literally never watched TV, if anything you used it to watch some Netflix or old movies you already owned on dvd or even vhs but you just didn't know what to do with yourself.

All your friends used to tease you for your social media absence, even calling you "grandma". You didn't have Twitter, Facebook or a Tumblr. For some reason you never felt the need to get any of those, which also meant that you were basically never up to date with anything; neither music, nor movies nor anything, so it came as a shock when you saw it on the news.

The TV had been playing in the background as you where lingering on the sofa, starring at the ceiling and just -more or less- listening to the news, as the report about this band named “BTS” came up. It was of no surprise to you, that you didn't know them. You probably heard a few of their songs but you really weren't any good with all these idol groups these days. But suddenly you pricked up your ears, as you heard a melody -and especially a voice- that was pretty darn familiar.

Immediately you set up, starring at the TV.
“What the..”

You whispered, as you starred at a really pretty boy with blonde hair singing his heart out on stage. This couldn't be true. This couldn't be your Jimin. Slowly you got up, moving closer to the TV screen. The report was talking about a big concert they'd hold today and how they'd probably be preparing the whole day.

“You got to be kidding me right now..”

How was this possible? How could you have almost kissed this guy that seemed to be one of the hottest idols out there right now without even knowing who he actually was? Why did he not tell you?
By now you felt sick to your stomach. Was that the reason why he always behaved that weirdly, hiding his face and only coming out when the weather was terrible?
And what did he think of you?

“He probably thinks I'm stupid for not knowing him, not recognizing him at all..” you cried out.

As if he knew what was going on you suddenly got a text.

“Hey, beautiful. I'm on a break right now and just wanted to check on you. I hope you're okay.”

You starred at your phone for a long time, not being able to reply. What was the best answer anyway? 'Hey Jimin, just found out you're freaking famous, haha sorry for not knowing.' ? Or should you just pretend you still didn't know? Or even pretend, that you knew all the time but didn't wanna make a big thing out of it?

“Sojin? Is everything alright? You're not replying.. Can we meet tonight? At the tree house? I'd love to see you after this day..”

With shaking hands you started answering without thinking about it.

“Yes. Let's meet tonight. There is something I'd like to talk about.”

His answer came almost immediately.

“Oh? Sure, let's talk! I'll be there at around 10pm. I'm looking forward to seeing you.”

 

.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:*

 

It was pitch black out when you arrived quite a bit early at the tree house. Without even thinking of your fear of heights you climbed the rope ladder. Your head was full of thoughts about the upcoming conversation.
Even in the last few hours between finding out about him and and coming here you couldn't make up your mind about this whole situation.

You really liked him, but wasn't liking an idol -or any celebrity- just another call for a broken heart? Or what if everything was just a fling for him anyway, something new and exciting because you clearly didn't know him, the naive, stupid thing you were? And now that you knew he'd lose interest?

Still in your thoughts like this you hadn't noticed how you entered the tree house but now that you stood there in the complete darkness you let out a little curse. Where were these darn lights? Carefully fumbling around the edges you finally found the switch for the power outlet, letting the room glow up in the warm, soft light of the fairy lights.
“What now..”

You whispered with a gaze on your phone. It was still around twenty minutes until Jimin would be here. You could leave for the convenience store and get some chocolate for your nerves, but eventually you just sat down on the pillows, nervously kneading your hands in your lap.

Just about five minutes after you sat down you could hear someone come up the ladder.

“Oh? The lights are on?”

Jimin sounded surprised on the porch outside and just seconds after that the door opened and he entered. For a second you forgot about your nervousness and everything you learned about him today and just held your breath. He looked absolutely stunning, dressed in all black, his hair styled so you could see his forehead, apparently even a bit of eye make-up on.
As soon as he saw you, a bright smile lightened up his confused expression.

“Ahw, you're already here? I wanted to be early to get everything nice and pretty before..” he suddenly stopped, as he saw your facial expression. The smile fell of his face.

“You found out.” was all he said, his hand still on the doorknob off the door he had just closed. For a second it seemed as if he wanted to run away but slowly he let his hand fall to his side, looking at you, waiting for a reaction, so you nodded.

Quickly he made a few steps into your direction, dropping the bag he was carrying on his way.

“Sojin, I'm so sorry..” he started, but you shook your head, not being able to answer at all.

You saw the distress in his eyes. His pretty, soft eyes..

“I.. it's just..” he stumbled over his words, stopped walking just an arm length away from where you were sitting. For a second he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, before finally closing the rest of the distance between the two of you, sitting down right in front of you.

“It was so refreshing to meet someone who genuinely didn't know how I was. Who didn't up to me because of who I am, who didn't treat me awkwardly or differently because I'm 'that Park Jimin'.. “

He stopped for a moment, watching you carefully but since you didn't react at all he continued.

“I know I should've told you, but I was so afraid, Sojin, you can't imagine how afraid I was..” he ended, his voice so silent that you could almost not understand him, even though he was sitting right in front of you. He looked so agitated that you wanted to reach out to him, touch his face, hold him, but you didn't.

“Scared..?” you asked instead, whispering just as silently as he was. Quickly he nodded, apparently a little relived, that you finally said something, that you finally replied.

“Yes. I feel so good around you. I told you yesterday, the effect you have on me. I didn't want to ruin any of that. What if you didn't like me when you found out? What if you thought I was pathetic? Look, Sojin, there are a lot of people that don't like idols just because we are what we are. I couldn't stop thinking about this, what if you'd dislike me?”

Slowly and carefully he lifted his hand, caressing your cheek with oh so gentle touches that you almost couldn't feel his fingers on your skin.

“But I really should've told you. Please, let me make this up.. I promise I didn't have any bad intentions..”

 

And you believed him. Just looking into his eyes you could tell, that he was completely honest with you, that he didn't tell a single lie. Tears were forming in your eyes as you closed them, leaning your face against his hand. You could hear a gasp of relief and as you opened your eyes again, you saw, that he actually teared up as well.

“I was so confused when I found out, Jimin..” You started and he quickly nodded, his hand now running through your hair, tucking it behind your ear, waiting for you to continue.

“But I still feel so drawn to you.. Nothing has changed even though basically everything changed..” While talking your hands instinctively searched for his free one that was resting in his lap. Immediately your fingers interlocked. Both of you stayed quiet for a while, just looking at each other. You must be crazy to do this. There was no other explanation. Even though you knew basically nothing about the idol movement, something that everyone knows is, that fans are scary.

 

“How.. are we going to.. do this?” you finally whispered after a while. You didn't have to be more specific, he knew what you meant. Again he kept silent for a while, still playing with a strand of your hair.

“We.. need to stay low for a while.. I'm afraid.. I will come up with something. I'll keep you save. While I figure everything out we'll get to know each other. Properly, this time. You will meet everyone.” He started to smile a little.

“The members know that something's up.. I've been 'too happy' the last few days.” he giggled. God how you loved this sound. “But only Taehyung knows. He's my best friend, you know?” His eyes lit up as he spoke about his band members.. his friend.. so openly.

You couldn't help but smile along. This was all you wanted, to see him happy.

“If you still like me after actually getting to know me, my hectic life, my ups and downs then I will promise you, that I'll manage to get this to work.”

By now his thumb was brushing along your jawline, making the butterflies in your stomach flap their wings really hard.

“I'm sure I will still like you, I can't see how I could ever not..” you whispered under your breath. For a moment your eyes locked, before your lips finally did.

Jimins plump lips where soft and warm and they tasted a little bit like cherry.

 

It was a short, sweet kiss that left you breathless none the less after your lips separated again. Slowly you opened your eyes, seeing a slightly blushing Jimin in front of you, his mouth a little bit open, his eyes full of warmth and.. happiness as he looked at you.

“Thank you for not running away..” he whispered, but instead of replying you leaned in for a kiss. This time he cupped your face, intensifying the kiss, oh so gently pulling you even closer. Your heart was beating hard against your chest by now, making you forget all the stress and trouble that would probably come with this, only enjoying the moment for now. All that mattered right now were his lips on yours, his hands holding you.

The kiss lasted for something what felt like forever and way too short at the same time, as he set you free so both of you could catch your breath.

“I won't run away.” you finally whispered, leaving him to smile.