-chapter three-

The rain will always remind us.

-chapter three-

 

After getting home that evening your thoughts would not give you a break.
Yugyeom really had some nerves to show up with his new girl literally one day after breaking up with you; after telling you, that he had cheated on you. And he didn't even look guilty or sorry. It almost seemed as if he wanted to provoke you 'look at me and my new babe, and you? All alone!' Grinding your teeth you you walked up and down in your flat. Luckily this stranger -Jimin- was there and saved you from too much humiliation.

Since you got all heated up in your angry thoughts you had clunched your fingers to a fist, just now realizing, that you were still holding the slip of paper he had given you before leaving in a hurry. Carefully you unfolded it and tried to smooth out the wrinkles again. “Pretty handwriting..” you whispered, before spontaneously grabbing your phone. With quick fingers you entered the numbers on the paper and saved them under the name he had written down.

Hesitantly you looked at the phone in your hand for a few seconds before pulling yourself together and opening Kakaotalk.
But again you hesitated. What if he had given you a wrong number? You couldn't take another humiliation. Not today. Slowly you wanted to put your phone away, as you suddenly got a message.

“Sohin-ah, you're online! It's been two days since I last heared from you, I was so worried! Are you okay?”

It was your best friend Eunji who must've seen you online for the few seconds. Unsure if you wanted to reply or put the phone away you stared at her profile picture for a few seonds.
 

“Sojiiiiin! I know that you read my message! REPLY!”
“I'm sorry, Eonnie. I had a few rough days, a lot has happened. Let's talk in a few days, I don't want to katalk about all this.”
“Are you home?”
“Yes, I'm home. Why?”
“I'll be there in 20 minutes.”

 

With that she went offline. You just starred at your phone and sighed. That was so Eunji. But at least this made you forget about the stranger and Yugyeom for a while because your apartment was a complete mess.

Just barely you managed to clean it up as the doorbell went off and just seconds later your best friend knocked at the door, not stopping until you finally opened it. Just a look at your face and Eunji seemed to know what had happened. She sighed and immediately pulled you into her arms.
“That jerk!” she growled, petting your hair. Fighting back your tears you tried to get out of her hug, laughing awkwardly.

“How did you..”

“ Sojin-ah, how long have we two been best friends now? 12 years? 13? I know you better than you know yourself sometimes. I just need to look at your eyes to see your soul.” She closed the door behind herself, took your hand and pulled you onto the sofa in your small but cozy living room. Just now you noticed, that she had a plastic bag in her free hand, that she now opened.
Two containers of ice-cream and two bottles of sparkling wine came to light. You perked your eyebrows and looked at your best friend. She squirmed on the sofa.
“Well, I kinda had a.. hunch. I saw Yugyeom yesterday. We didn't talk or anything but he seemed really weird, I don't even know how to explain it.” She got up again to search for two glasses and two spoons in your kitchen before sitting down next to you again.

“And now tell me what happened.” She said, while filling your glass and handing you one of the spoons. You kept quiet for a while and Eunji waited patiently and quietly. After finishing your first glass of the sparkling wine you finally took a deep breath and started to explain the whole story.

How he suddenly told you he loved someone else, that he even cheated on you with her. That at first he tried to hide the real reason but ended up being a complete over it. Then you told her about yesterday, how you met him and his new girl on the coffee shop. With every word, you could watch Eunji getting angrier. When you finally ended she was already on her feet walking up and down, furiously gesticulating with the spoon in her hand.

“What a.. a...” she was too angry to find proper words.

“What an ?” you helped, making both of u grin for a second as she nodded vigorously. Then she emptied her own glass and filled both of them again, before sitting down next to you again.

“He will never find someone as amazing as you, Sojin. You know that, right? He's the dumbest piece of trash that lives on this planet if he is willing to give you up.” she looked at you fiercely, making you smile. God, you loved this eonnie. Why didn't you contact her earlier? Why did you hide? You should've known that she'd always take your side.

 

Like this the two of you spend a fun evening badmouthing Yugyeom more and more, the emptier the two bottles got. By the end of both of them you two were obviously not sober anymore.

“Okay, tell me again, who was that hot blond superhero who came to your rescue twice now? How do you know him again? And why do I not know him?”

“I told you.. I don't know him. All I know is, that his name is Jimin and that he has the voice of an angel.” You sighed, emptying your glass, making it officially the end of the two bottles.

“But you have his number, right? He gave it to you today? Did you save it already?”

“Yes.. Why?” Your brain was slow due to the alcohol so you really didn't see it coming as Eunji grabbed your phone with surprising speed, opened Kakaotalk and searched for his name. With quick movements she typed a message.

“Eonnie! What are you doing, stooop!” but it was too late. As you still tried to fetch your phone she pressed send and you watched as the message immediately reached his -or at least someones- phone. You starred at your phone, then at Eunji.
“Why?! I really don't need another humili-..” but the beep of your phone interrupted you. He had replied. Immediately you snatched your phone out of her hands to check what Eunji had written.


“Hello handsome! This is Sojin, I just thought I'd message you real quick.”
“Handsome? You're cute, haha. Why are you still awake at this time?”

Hello Handsome? You glared at Eunji but she just smiled at you innocently, still eating her almost melted ice cream. You frowned as you leaned back, starring at your phone.

“I'm so sorry, my friend stole my phone!”
“So you don't think I'm handsome?”

You could feel yourself blushing. What was he saying?

“I'm just kidding, I'm sorry. Are you not feeling well? Is your friend still with you?”

You could feel Eunjis eyes burning into your skin, as she tried to position herself without ostentation to get a glimps at your phone. You leaned back even further.

“Yes, my friend is still here. I am doing okay.. Thank you for everything. I am sorry if I interrupted you in something or even woke you up.”
“You didn't. To be honest I just thought of you, it must be fate, haha.”

Again you felt your face heating up.

“You did? Why?”
“I'm not sure.. I'm sorry if I come off as weird, I promise I'm not! I don't want to interrupt your girls night (your friend is female, right?) have fun! I'd be happy if you messaged me again, tho!”

You couldn't help yourself but grin. Was he trying to find out if you were with another guy?

“I'm here with my eonnie, yes. Thank you, have a great night!”

With that you put your phone down, again feeling weirdly at ease and even a little sleepy. You looked up again just to see your best friend with a huge smile on her face.
“Do you like that Jimin guy?”

“Eonnie.. Yugyeom just left me. I'm too heartbroken to even think of something like that.” You wanted to stop here, but the alcohol made you say your thoughts out loud. “I just feel weirdly at ease when I talk to him.. Even when I just sat next to him.. I don't know.”

You shrugged helplessly and Eunji smiled.

“Just give it some time.” she whispered mysteriously and then checked her watch. It was already a few minutes past 1am. “Are you okay, Sojin? I can stay over night if you want.”

“It's fine, really. Just go home, I know you don't like sleeping over at someone elses house. I promise I'll message you tomorrow first thing I wake up, okay?” She looked at you for a few minutes but ended up nodding. Slowly she got up, packed all her things to then pull you into a long, warm hug.

“I'll always be here for you. You know that, right?” You nodded and this time you could feel tears rolling down your cheeks. Eunji seemed to notice them too, because she hugged you even tighter for a few seconds, before ruffling your hair.

“Call me if anything happens. Even if you just need someone to talk you to sleep, okay?” You nodded, smiling thankfully as you guided her to your entrance. One last time the two of you hugged, before you closed the door behind her, standing in the small, empty corridor, gazing into your empty flat. Suddenly you felt incredibly lonely.
Without really thinking about it, you took your phone and found yourself back in the chat with Jimin.

“My friend just left. Are you still awake?”

The answer came almost immediately.

“I'm here. I just got into bed, but I'm not that tired yet. I'm glad you messaged me.”

Smiling at your phone you slowly walked into your bed room, quickly getting ready for bed. As you snuggled under your blankets you quickly picked up your phone again.

“So is it really okay to chat like this? We're still strangers..”
“Do you want to talk to me?”
“Yes..”
“It's okay then. I want to chat, too.”

Like this the two of you talked about this and that. You even managed to actually laugh a couple of times, completely setting your broken heart aside. You learned a few things about him, like that he was currently living in some kind of dorm-situation and that it was really hard for him to not giggle at your conversation because it would wake up his friend that he was currently sharing a room with.
Time just flew by as the two of you talked, until you shockingly realized, that it was almost 3am.

“Oh my god, I kept you awake for so long! You said you had some sort of appointment in the morning! Let's call it a day and go to sleep quickly! I'm so sorry!”
“Haha, don't worry. If it's because of you I'm fine with only sleeping three hours. But you're right, I should get to sleep now. Thank you for the fun chat. Good night, sleep tight, Sojin!”

You smiled at your phone before wishing him a good night yourself. With a good feeling in your stomach you eventually fell asleep that night.

 

———————————————

Author note: I'm looking forward to the next chapter. As a little spoiler: They'll meet again! 
I'm sorry if this was a little boring, I know we all want more Jimin, but sometimes a mainstory needs a little sidestory, too! ♥