Chapter 2-The Man Who Can't Be Moved

Its You, Its Always Been You

She woke up and did her usual routines. As usual she felt empty. Time surely flies that she didn't notice it was already Friday. Tomorrow will be another day again for Dear Ms. Love so she checked her emails for entries. Dear Ms. Love is running for 3months now and it captured the heart of the public. The letter senders grew as the time passed by. Boyoung consulted their director and script writer which letter to be featured tomorrow. "Hello. Yes. Director-nim. Did you see our email? I think we received several interesting story this week. I can't choose," she called her over the phone. "Hmmmm. Yes. I've read all of them but there is one letter that interest me the most. You should check the one from The Man Who Can't Be Moved. His letter was entitled, "She is my first and she will be my last" its about her first love," he answered. "Alright then, I'll check it after my class today. Thank you Director-nim," she then prepared for his class today. 

The day was long but she didn't feel it. She always love teaching. She always feel the classroom is where she really belongs. "And our class ends today. Have a nice weekend everyone," she said. She was cleaning the white board when one of her students approached her. "Teacher, I drew this," while handling a drawing of a house. "Owah. You really did this? You did well," while patting the head of that student. "Teacher when I grew up I want to be an architect," her student said. Upon hearing those words she paused a bit because it reminds her of someone, "You shared the same dream with that guy," she thought. "Right. Be a good architect, okay?," She felt an unexplainable feeling that moment. Her hormones played with her emotions that she suddenly hugged that student. "I hope you are doing good. Eat alot. Don't get sick," she hugged him tightly until she was stopped by her student. "Teacher, I can't breathe," she then let him go and bid him good bye.

She thought she is getting weirder and weirder each and everyday. She felt there are lots of emotions on her heart that even her brain can't explain. She was on her way home when she received a call from her mom. "Oh! Eomma? What Eun Soo is in the hospital? Alright then," Her one and only sister was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Failure since she was 16. She is receiving dialysis twice a month. Her sister's disease is the main reason why she is working hard as a teacher and as a dj.

When she arrived at the hospital. Her mom welcomed her with a hug. "What happened?," she asked. "I was cooking at the kitchen then when I went to the sala I just saw her on the floor. The doctor said she needs to have a kidney transplant soon but you and I are not compatible. What to do?," her mom said while sobbing. "It's okay Mom. We will find a compatible donor for her soon, okay? Don't worry. You can go home now and rest. I'll take good care of her," she said. "But you have a work tomorrow," her mom insisted. "Its okay. I'll just read the letters on the spot. Don't worry about me. Go home now eomma," she kissed her Mom before she finally said goodbye to her. 

She sat on the chair near her sister's bed. She didn't leave her side all night all and she didn't noticed that she already slept. When she woke up, she was surprised that her sister was already awake and already looking at her, "Oh! You are already awake. What do you want to eat?," she offered. "Its Saturday. You need to go to work unnie," her sister uttered. "Its still early. I'll just wait for Mom to arrive," she then prepared the food for her sister. "Unnie, the doctor said we should contact Appa. Maybe, he can donate his kidney to me," her sister said. She then stopped from what she was doing, "We won't ask anything from him. Besides, we don't know where he is." "Unnie, why can't you forgive appa? He is our father after all," her sister explained. She paused again and took a deep breathe. As if her sister can understand what she feels. She's been betrayed and lied to twice in her life, first, her bestfriend and the love of her life, 2nd his dad, and it all happened the same day. It hurts like hell. Her heart is burned by a burning flame that can never be extinguished.

When her mom arrived on the hospital, she then hurriedly went to the radio station and she was thanking she was just in time. "I'm so sorry Director-nim. Did you print the letters for me? Eun Soo was brought to the hospital again yesterday," she apologized. "It's okay. I just picked that letter I said to you yesterday. We will be starting in five minutes so relax now okay?," the director comforted her. "Oh, about that guy who is still in love with his first love right? Okay it get it. We can start in five minutes," she said confidently. She took few sips of water first before she started.

"Good evening to our lovely listeners. As the day is getting colder I hope you are staying warm. Some of you may have a cold heart all throughout the year but believe me you can see the sunshine soon and for those who are in love, stay in love and loyal to your loved ones. True love comes only once in our life so cherish every second that you are with him or her. Our letter today is a heartwarming story from The Man Who Can't Be Moved. Let's all listen as he shared his story about her 1st and last love."

"Dear Ms. Love,

I've been listening to your show since the first day. Your voice is so sweet that is actually warm my cold heart. (Thank you for that compliment, The Man Who Can't Be Moved) I've been thinking of sharing my story to you since then but I'm always hesitating until one day I finally got the courage to write everything down. They said when love is true it will be tatooed in your heart whatever you do and whenever you go. When I was young, I don't believe in such thing until a girl with a sweet smile captured my heart and she changed my life since then. I was 9 years old then when my family decided to move to another town and because of that I was forced to transferred to another school. I was very angry to my parents back then. Why do we have to leave when all of my friends are here, I thought. When we arrived to our new house and my mom told me that I should prepare for my 1st day of school I actually don't know what to feel. The next morning I don't what to wake up but my mom kept on bugging me that I should be early on my first day of school. I didn't like the environment of my new school. Actually, I have the feeling that I'll be an outcast soon. We went to the principal's office 1st to get all my books. After that my mom and dad said good bye to me and reminded me not to cause any trouble. I was carrying all my books. They were so heavy and it felt more irritated. My hand hurts so much and I felt like I wanna escape today's class until someone tapped my back. When I turned my back, it was a girl with ponytails and smiling to me like a fool, "Should I help you carry these stuffs?," she said to me. (When she read those words, she paused as it reminded her of the same praise she said before but she took a deep breathe and continued the letter) At first I was irritated by her smile. Why is she so nice? Is she planning something, I thought but since those books were really heavy I accepted her offer. She asked me if I were a transferee and what class do I belong and to my surprise I belong to her class. She was talkative that I already want to shout to her to stop. Until now, I can't forget that moment. Whenever I think about it, I wonder if she is still talkative until now. Whenever I close my eyes, I still can see that girl with ponytails, she is smiling to me warmly like a fool. She was the president of our class and I noticed that she was extremely kind to everyone that it really annoys me. Even if she is the class president there is no way a person is as warm like her. During the break time she asked me if I wanted to have a lunch with her since she thought I was alone but I don't want to eat back then because the new environment suffocates me. I decided to turn down her offer this time. I didnt't eat and just took a nap on my table. I was awaken by a tap on my shoulder and again it was her, "I know what you feel. Eat this ice cream. When I feel sad, I just eat ice cream and I feel happy again. Eat this. Its my gift for you. Welcome to our class," (She paused again after reading those line. She felt that she can't breathe as her heart beats fastly. "I am sorry we need to reading our letter first. We will go back after few commercials. I will leave you with song.)

She played an upbeat song eventhough it is not appropriate to the letter. She hurriedly went to comfort room to calm down herself. "It can't be him," she thought. How can Mr. The Man Who Can't Be Move be Hyungsik when she saw with her eyes how he betrayed her. How can he still be in love with her when in the first place she didn't feel that she was loved at him at all? Maybe it was just coincidence.....just maybe......