3/4

Texting the Scammer

Eyes locked on her target—aka Taeyeon, Tiffany slipped her phone back into her purse, ignoring its constant burst of pings.

 

(Taeyeon) Unread: Okay, so what should I do to impress her?

 

(Taeyeon) Unread: Oh me, she’s heading over here! Help me!

 

(Taeyeon) Unread: HEY! WHERE YOU AT?

 

(Taeyeon) Unread: omg I can seriously kill you right now! You promised me you’d help?!

 

(Taeyeon) Unread: DAMMIT TIFFANY

 

Being just a couple feet apart, Tiffany decided to stop dead in her tracks, prolonging Taeyeon’s internal panicking as she decided to greet a couple of her acquaintances with ‘how are you’s’ and ‘it’s so nice to meet you again’s’ as she passed them by. As the ultimate troll, Tiffany was enjoying every second of it, knowing that Taeyeon’s eyes were fixated on her the entire time. When she finally turned back to Taeyeon, her smirk fell the instant she caught Taeyeon’s attention on another female.

 

Yoona. Tiffany inwardly growled, feeling a possessiveness so strong it shocked even her. She always knew her friend, Yoona was a flirty social butterfly whose type was someone who oozed iness and innocence, which unfortunately, Taeyeon definitely fitted to a T, and normally she never really concerned herself over Yoona’s flings until now, since those familiar and effective seductive smiles and flirty eyes were currently being thrown at Taeyeon.

 

There was no way Tiffany was going to sit back and let Yoona, well, be Yoona.

 

“Kiss me if I’m wrong, but don’t I know you from somewhere?” Yoona asked with a playful smile as Taeyeon’s cheeks suddenly turned hot and pink.

 

“No, I don’t think so, sorry.”

 

“Hmm, then I guess I was wrong.” And with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle, Yoona added, “But the upside is I believe a kiss is in order-”

 

“Yoona, wow, is that really you?! Gosh, it’s been too long!” Tiffany immediately got in between the two as she roughly yanked Yoona’s arm a good reasonable distance away from Taeyeon.

 

“What? But we hung out yester—“

 

“So, how are the kids?” Tiffany quickly interrupted her confused friend as she placed her finger thoughtfully on her chin, waiting for an answer.

 

Yoona further arched her brows. “What kids? I don’t have any—“

 

“Oh, stop with the jokes, Yoona! I just can’t with you.” Tiffany laughed, slapping Yoona’s back a bit too roughly and making Yoona wince from it. “How does one forget adopting nine children?”

 

“Nine children?! Yah, Fany, are you high?!”

 

“Yuri, Yessica, Yaeyeon, Yunny, Yippany, Yeohyun, Yooyoung, Yoyeon, and baby Yuna with a ‘U.’ C’mon… as if I can make that up.” Tiffany chuckled.

 

Yoona gasped, horrified at the mental image--nine tiny, stinky babies suffocating her with droolly babbles and neediness. “Dafuq! You literally just made that—“

 

“Anyways, tell Seunggi and the kids I said hi.” Tiffany said.

 

“You must be on crack! I dumped his four years ago!”

 

“Sure, Yoona, whatever you say. Even though I can clearly see Seunggi calling for you right now, so why don’t you go see what he needs. By the way, it was really nice chatting with you again, you jokester, you!” Faking a laugh, Tiffany brushed away the piercing eye daggers being thrown at her as she flicked her hands in a dismissive manner.

 

But thankfully, Yoona got the message as she huffed and stormed away but not before flashing the middle finger at Tiffany, which she completely ignored with an innocent smile towards Taeyeon, who was looking just as confused and unsure of the odd exchange between the two females.

 

(Yoona): A simple dibs on the girl would have been enough for me to back off. Or even shooting me in the ing face a hundred times is okay. But making me a mother is where I draw the goddamn line, Fany! Unacceptable! Me with nine little spawns?! That just tells me you really like this chick if you’re willing to risk our friendship like this! I expect you to pay for my daily alcohol intake for the next NINE days, betch.

 

(Tiffany): Fine. btw ily too :)

 

After quickly sending off that text message, Tiffany had returned her attention back to a fidgeting Taeyeon whose own eyes were locked on the cell in her hand, possibly—no, definitely—waiting for a message from a particular someone.

 

Unfortunately for the unsuspectingly Taeyeon, Tiffany liked to deliver her messages in person, so here she was, flashing the flustered woman a knowing smile.

 

“So…”

 

Taeyeon’s head jerked up as her pupils dilated. She was clearly freaking out, and Tiffany suddenly wanted to reach for her and comfort her.

 

“Taeyeon,” Tiffany had meant to keep her voice calm and polite, but instead, she had purred out the girl’s name, simply because it was so purr-able. Oh, well. At least it led to a satisfying response from Taeyeon: a cute, subtle shiver. “are you ready for the ceremony? Quite frankly, I think I might bawl my eyes out before the music even starts playing.”

 

Instead of agreeing wholeheartedly as Tiffany had expected her to since Taeyeon had already voiced out her thoughts about it through text, Taeyeon had put on this fake confidence as she leaned against the bar table and nonchalantly sipped her drink. “Yes, I am so ready for it. For me, it usually takes a lot to make me cry. But there’s honestly no shame in it if you do cry. Today’s a happy day. Our friends are getting married. Happy tears are a good thing.” Clearing and avoiding Tiffany’s eyes, Taeyeon shyly added, “And if you need a shoulder to cry on…” She dusted her shoulder, silently offering hers. So smooth.

 

Tiffany had wanted to burst out laughing, because she knew Taeyeon and it made it all the more tempting to call out Taeyeon’s bluff, which of course she wouldn’t for obvious trolling reasons. Firstly, Tiffany was almost tempted to out the girl for her shy, refined manner when they both knew Taeyeon spoke a language with words that rhymed with duck, ditch, and motherducker in almost every other message exchanged between them. Secondly, Taeyeon’s body language didn’t match her expressive eyes. Just the mention of the ceremony had already left a thin trail of water in Taeyeon’s eyes. And lastly, Taeyeon had mentioned plenty of times that she was the ultimate crybaby. She cried over every little thing: puppies, movies, the freaking sunset, you name it.

 

But still, it was adorable to see her try to act tough though.

 

“Well, then I’ll gladly take you up on your offer.” Without questioning her next move, Tiffany had boldly slipped her fingers into Taeyeon’s and led the both of them to where the ceremony would take place.

 

Tingles. Those sensational zaps had traveled from their fingertips to their matching blushing cheeks.