Snowflakes

Snowflakes

"Try not to put too many baubles of the same colour in one place."

"Sure."

"And you set the timer for the cookies in the oven?"

"Uh huh."

Taekwoon sat back on his haunches and looked around the sitting room, eyes scanning over the fairy lights on the wall and ornaments above the fireplace. "We posted all the cards, right? Our friends and our parents..."

"Yes, babe, calm down." Wonshik huffed and turned slightly, dropping the bauble into his lap as he knelt before the Christmas tree. He'd never seen his boyfriend so stressed before- and over things of such little importance too. It was beginning to set him on edge if he was honest. The point of this Christmas was just so they could spend time alone in their apartment, after all. They had even put and Siwol, their puppies, in the spare room in an effort to keep either of the small animals from interfering with Taekwoon's whirlwind organisation. He seemed hellbent on making it flawless.

Suddenly, his lover sprung to his feet and rushed into the kitchen to check on his batch, leaving Wonshik in the living room all on his own, pouting indignantly. In a small act of rebellion, he shuffled closer to the tree and moved around some of the baubles Taekwoon had carefully hung, mixing them up. He just wanted to get this done as soon as possible so he could move on to what he had planned for his boyfriend. 

"Oh !"

A loud cry made him jump and he spun around, wide-eyed "What's up?"

His only reply came in the form of another string of loud profanities and he bit his lip, deciding to go and check on Taekwoon in case something serious had happened. But before he could reach the swinging door, a loud beeping from above forced him to stop, covering his ears "What the hell?!" He stumbled backwards as Taekwoon burst back into the room, waving a teatowel around wildly.

After a moment, the noise stopped and he whirled around, face red "I thought you said you'd put the timer on!"

"I did!" Wonshik yelled back, jumping to his own defence "For forty minutes!"

His boyfriend's face got redder, lip curling back "I said twenty, you idiot! Who bakes little cookies for forty minutes?"

"I don't know!"

They stood scowling at each other for a few long moments before Taekwoon sighed and walked past him back into the kitchen. "Idiot," he muttered, just loud enough for his boyfriend to hear him. Wonshik tipped his head back and groaned "Oh, because you're perfect!"

"Just shut up and help me make a new batch."

Knowing this was not an argument he would win and that deep down he was in the wrong, Wonshik sighed and retreated carefully into the kitchen after Taekwoon. He was stood at the counter with his back to the door, tipping the ingredients into the mixing bowl while mumbling incoherent things under his breath and shaking his head. Wonshik approached him and wrapped his arms around his lover's waist tentatively, fully aware that Taekwoon would not hesitate to give him a swift kick in the shin if any unwanted physical contact was made. 

"Daegunie~!"

He rested his chin on his boyfriend's broad shoulder, enjoying the fuzzy texture of his cream jumper on his skin. Taekwoon scoffed and gave a half-hearted attempt at shaking him off "Don't you 'Daegunie' me. I'm still mad at you." Wonshik pouted and lowered his head, beginning to nuzzle his nose into his neck, knowing that he was especially ticklish there. He felt his lover begin to writhe in his arms but he held him tight, preventing him from moving. 

Taekwoon let out a loud laugh and set down the bag of flour he was holding, raising his hands to Wonshik's and trying to stretch his neck away from the attack. "Stop!" He whined in between giggles "This isn't fair!" 

"Say you love me," Wonshik grinned, not ceasing for even a second "Say you love me now~" He began to run his fingers up and down his boyfriend's ribs, earning a small yelp as Taekwoon jumped in his arms. "Never!" He shouted breathlessly, continuing his struggles as Wonshik wrestled him to the floor. He pinned him down with his arms held above his head while they both lay panting on the cold, tiled surface. "Say it," he demanded once more, leaning down to nibble at Taekwoon's earlobe, biting around the numerous piercings. "No!"

Pouting, Wonshik pulled away "Well then..." his lips quirked into a devious smirk "You leave me no choice." Suddenly, he shifted both of Taekwoon's slim wrists into one large palm, using the other hand to lift up his shirt. His lover hesitated and looked down, eyes wide "Wha- What are you doing?" He squirmed helplessly as Wonshik lowered his lips to his bare stomach and blew, causing a loud, uneven vibration across the pale skin there.

Taekwoon screamed "Okay! Okay! I love you! I love you!" Tears were beginning to collect at the corners of his eyes as he choked on his laughter.

Wonshik raised his head for a second, looking around thoughtfully "How much?"

He leaned down once more and his boyfriend let out a shriek, legs flailing. "A lot," he started to cough lightly, shaking his head "I love you loads!"

His lover released him immediately, pecking him on the lips with a broad grin "Just what I wanted to hear before I gave you your early present." He tapped Taekwoon on the nose and got off him, leaving his boyfriend lying, confused, on the kitchen floor. "Early?" He asked, "Did we say we were doing that this year?"

He sat up as Wonshik came up behind him, tying a length of red ribbon around his face and covering his eyes, sealing it in a small bow. Taekwoon gasped and raised his hands; only to have them gently pushed away and grasped in front of him. "We didn't," his lover told him, beginning to lead him from the room.

They shuffled slowly across the floor, Wonshik shouldering the door open and guiding him into the sitting room. 

"Ow!" Taekwoon winced as his knee made contact with something hard, eliciting a loud bang. "Crap, sorry," his boyfriend muttered, eyeing the coffee table. He scoffed "You did that on purpose."

"I would never," Wonshik chuckled. He rolled his eyes and continued leading him to the sofa, setting him down before turning around and taking off down the hall to retrieve his surprise. "Don't take the blindfold off!" Taekwoon sighed at the warning and crossed his legs, cupping his cheek in his palm. He tapped his foot impatiently as he listened to the muffled sounds of his boyfriend's struggles from the bedroom. The dogs were yapping too- they were agitated from being left in one room for too long. They scuttled along the laminate floor and into the sitting room, dancing around his legs. 

"I've got it!" Wonshik yelled as he sprinted back to his lover with a small, blue box with a white ribbon cradled in his hands. Carefully opening it, he set the lid on the arm of the sofa as he ushered their pets away for the moment, Siwol taking his place curled up at his master's side while picked up one of his toys lying in the corner of the room and began chewing on it as he rolled it along the floor.  "Okay, you can take it off now." 

Taekwoon's lips stretched into a wide smile and he shook his head "Finally." He reached behind him to untangle the ribbon and peel it from over his eyes, allowing the fabric to fall into his lap for his puppy to begin pawing at. "Oh, it's gorgeous!"

"You think so?"

"It's perfect- I love it!" 

Wonshik grinned and slipped the plaited leather bracelet from it's soft cushioning within the box, being careful not to get his fingerprints on the polished silver clasp. "I got it engraved for you and everything," he said proudly, showing his boyfriend the T and W etched into the shining metal before opening it and slipping it onto his wrist.  

Taekwoon admired it for a few moments before jumping forward and throwing his arms around his lover's neck. "Thank you," he whispered, pulling back to plant a long, firm kiss on his lips. Wonshik held him close, sinking to the floor with his boyfriend in his lap. "You're welcome."

Suddenly, a loud yap caused them to twist in each other's embrace, looking to where Siwol and were beginning to circle the tree curiously. The French bulldog raised his paw, knocking one of the ornaments on the bottom branch onto the ground and causing it to shatter. This seemed to amuse Siwol, who imitated the action, barking and wagging his tail happily at the noise and sight of the broken baubles. Taekwoon let out a long groan and buried his head into Wonshik's shoulder.

His boyfriend held him and laughed, watching helplessly as their dogs began their assault on the Christmas tree. 

 

Early Christmas present from me to youuuuuuu!!

Because I feel that's what we all need with all the stuff going on at the moment, am I right? A little Christmas cheer  :)

Subscriptions and comments are LOOOOOOVE and would really make me smile <3

Thank you for reading! xoxo