Chapter Three

Caught Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- 17:00pm Inside Pizza Galore--

Today has been unexpectedly busy. There had been 3 birthday parties earlier with around 10 guests per party and because I was so focused on getting everyones orders and serving them, now had I only felt the weakness in my legs. 

'Hmph' I sighed, bending my knees slightly

'Boss said you can finish up and go' Ah Young communicates to me as she whizzes past with drinks in either hand

I look to my boss for confirmation and she gives me a thumbs up. Of course she would be in a good mood, she talked to the guests of every party and kept an eye on us making sure we always looked busy. Nonetheless, I take her signal and rush into the staffroom.

Dae Hwan messaged me last night apologising for cancelling on me last minute, he went on about how he could tell something was wrong by the way I replied to him. That was one of the things I liked about him, in a short amount of time we grew really close and he could always sense when something was wrong. This morning before work he told me he had a day off since his only 2 lectures had been cancelled. 

I get my phone out and open the messages between me and Dae Hwan and automatically start texting. Before finishing my sentence, I delete the message and decide that I'm just going to turn up there instead. It has been a while since we've seen each other and I don't wan't to just spend a couple hours in the park then go home. Whenever I visit him I normally stay the night anyways.

After getting changed, I put my bag on and head out of the staffroom, texting at the same time.

'Oh, Yeri!' A voice shouts when I knock into him

'Wow, it's only been a day and you've already forgotten my name' I snigger

'It's a nickname. I don't like calling you Hye Rin 'cause I'm pretty sure that's what everyone calls you' Bobby says crossing his arms 'You see, I put together the 'ye' in your first name and the 'ri' in your second name' he continues.

'Well, I guess I can give you some credit 'cause nobody's called me that before' I mention before pulling the hair tie out of my hair

He inspects the phone I have in my hand, 'You seemed a bit distracted, where you off to? A party?' 

I raise an eyebrow at him 'What. No. You think I'm gonna go to a party looking like this?' he shrugs at my question 'I finished early so I'm gonna go see someone' 

'Well, have fun. I'm sure your boyfriend's gonna be excited to see you' he says as his lips curve into a smile

'Yeah yeah' I end up smiling back.

 

-- 19:30pm In Dae Hwan's flat--

I manage to get in the building as one of Dae Hwan's roommates, who recognises me from the times I used to come over when I went to this college, opens the door for me as he's about to leave. 

I put my bag down on the sofa and watch him walk out of the door. I look at mysef in the large, wooden framed mirror placed above the dining table and fix my hair once more before walking to his room. 

I turn the door handle slowly and push the door forward. 

I felt my body freeze. My eyes begin to water at the sight of Dae Hwan's arm around a half girl's body. Clothes were thrown all over the room. Shoes dumped across the floor and even the books on the desk look like they had been forcibly pushed to one side.

I feel m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter