Chapter One

Caught Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's almost been 3 months since I dropped out of college. 3 months since I called up my parents crying my eyes out on video call telling them I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life anymore. Obviously, they were wondering what made me change my mind since I had my mind set on being a teacher ever since I was younger. 

But those older family friends at the occassional family reunions were right. Even though they sounded like wannabe philosophers, they made a lot of sense to me now. No matter how certain you are that you've figured out the path you're going to take in life, something or even someone is going to stumble in your way and be like 'what's good ?' and ruin the whole process.

 

So here I am, standing against the salad bar looking out the window, watching the rain as it hit the floor. I raise my arm to check the time on my watch. 8:35.

'Why am I still here?' I whisper to myself as I start feeling my legs begin to weaken. I'm meant to finish work at 8pm today. 

'Don't lean against the table! Customers are going to think you're slacking off' my boss says as she walks past me holding a tray of food in one hand.

I straighten up and start wiping the sides of the salad bar. At least I'm going to see Dae Hwan today, he always knows how to make any ty day I've had into a good one in the space of 2 minutes.

'Hye Rin! Go clock out. You still have that date with Dae Hwan tonight' Ah Young says in her soft, high pitched voice as she prepares drinks behind the counter.

'It's fine I'm not supposed to meet him till 9 anyways' I mumble back to her.

'No just go, I've got this. You haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks' she says as she pats me on the shoulder and takes the cloth I used to clean the salad bar, out of my hands.

I continously thank her as I head into the toilets and start changing out of my work clothes into more comfortable ones. It's been difficult to stay in contact with Dae Hwan since I left college because even though we've tried to see each other as much as we could since I left, he still lived on campus and had to travel 2 hours just to see me. He also studied Business Management and often told me how demanding it was on his time.

We'd only seen each other 4 times since I left but to make things easier, I've travelled to his place to see him and we sometimes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter