Evil

Hana's Stories about Hoseok

Title : Evil
Characters : Park Yuri X Jung Hoseo (J-Hope)
Genre : Horror
Based on : Bot Meets Evil by J-Hope of BTS

(Bloody scenes included)

"It's too evil..."


Hoseok’s POV

I brushed the blanket off my face. I can’t sleep, thinking about what happened few hours ago. Why? How? How she appeared in there? She dead, I’m sure about that.

(Few hours ago)

            “Hyung, come on. Let’s watch the MV together!”

“Sure~” I replied before I stood up from my lying and sauntered outside along with Taehyung.

The other members were already at the living room, facing Jungkook’s laptop. The screen showed a paused video on Youtube. Each one of them turned to me when I shut the door.

“Here,” Namjoon shifted his position closer towards Jin to give me some space. I grinned and took a sit.

“Ready, guys? Play,” Jin played the video and Big Hit’s famous intro filled up the screen. Company’s legendary intro faded and all the members appeared one by one. This time the concept was dark and quite spooky to be honest.

The atmosphere in the video was totally dim and the song started all of sudden. All the members focused like there’s no one in the same room. The scene changed one by one as member’s parts changed along.

Everything’s normal except for one thing. I didn’t notice it but Jungkook did.

“Wait,” Jungkook paused the video. The members gazed to him curiously.

Ahhhh, whyy?” Jimin whined since his part was going to come up after that stopped scene.

“Did company casted a woman without any notice?” He asked. I tilted my head to the side. What?

“What nonsense are you spouting?” Yoongi complained. Jungkook took out his pointer and pointed at one particular direction in the video. Everyone glanced back, following his pointer.

Each one of us gasped at the sight as we confirmed the appearance of an unknown woman. She can’t be spotted right away but she’s there, standing sideways. She have long straight hair with pale face, wearing a soft pink blouse and white skirt, stared with unexplainable gaze straight into the camera from behind one of the window at the set.

“Who’s that?” Namjoon said. Taehyung and Jimin move their face towards the screen to have a closer look.

“Oh my god, her left eye is bleeding…” Jimin added.

“Her lips too!” Taehyung continued.

“She looks like just got hit right into her face,” Jin commented. Yoongi just kept quiet, leaning back while crossing his arms.

Jungkook pressed ‘play’ again. In a blink of an eye, she’s missing.

“What? That fast?” Jimin exclaimed. Taehyung’s lips gaped apart in amusement. Namjoon furrowed his eyebrow, rubbing his chin.

Everyone was curious who she is but I didn’t. Why? Because I knew her. I recognized her. A dead girl from few years aback appeared in the current year music video.

XXXXX

“Hoseok-ah…. Why…. Why did you do that…..?”

“I’ll stay with you, Hoseok-ah…. Wait for me, okay….? I’ll come for you…..”

“Hoseok-ah…..”

………

“Hoseok-ah!” I pushed my body up instantly. After gulping real hard, I touched my aching head. Damn, I’m sweating like I just danced 3 hours straight. My plain white t-shirt became visible because of those overflowing sweats.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” My gaze inverted to Jin who’s standing beside me with worries showed clearly on his face. I shook while breathing heavily. I felt suffocated somehow.

I pushed away the blanket and try to walk properly. My legs became very weak and they gave up on me. I can’t support myself and sunk onto the floor. Jin reacted fast as he grabbed me with his strong arms. I grasped one of his arms to help myself from falling down.

“Sorry, hyung…” I blurted it out forcedly. My voice was shaking. I stood with my two feet and headed towards the door.

“Are you sure you wanna come along to the fan signing event? You can just rest, you know,” I forced a smile and smacked his broad shoulder.

“I miss ARMYs too. Don’t try to leave me out,” Jin’s worried face faded and he carved a small smile.

“Okay then. But drink some energy tonic. It’s in the fridge. It’ll help a lot,” He patted my head softly and walked out of the room. My fake smile faded. My pupils turned to the mirror across the room.

‘After all these years… Why did you come back, Park Yuri?’

XXXXX

“I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!” My voice shrieked throughout the middle sized auditorium before welcomed warmly by all the fans. It’s the same sight every time with those cameras lining up to catch every single moment that pass while the fan signing event happens.

The event went through as the routine. The fans calmly waited for their turn to meet us. Some of them wore a really nervous expression while the others just stay casual since it’s not their fist time. I even recognized their faces already.

“Hope to meet you again~” I said while interlocking my ten fingers between the fan who were kneeling across the table. She smiled brightly and nodded. Then she moved to the next member.

I put down the marker and stretched my finger to my front, making some cracking sounds. I scanned all the fans from right to left, from bottom to the top. There was nothing unusual though.

I done scanning and sets my eyes back onto the table. At that particular moment, my mind clicked. Wait.

I turned my gaze back to the top of auditorium and my eyes couldn’t get any bigger. She’s here. With the exact same blouse and skirt that she wore when we noticed her in the MV, she just stood there, locking her gaze with me. Her mysterious gaze suffocated me somehow. I gulped hard while goose bumps covering my entire body. I can felt my neck hair standing up straight.

Her lips were bleeding and her face was full with bruises. She seemed like doesn’t bother to wipe those blood off her face and fix her messy hair.

‘Why? Why are you here?!’ My mind shouted. As if she can read my mind, she cracked a small smile which raises my fear even more. Silently, she headed toward the exit and vanished as soon she entered a small crowd near the door.

“Hoseok hyung!” I jolted at the call along with the touch on my shoulder. I flinched to the side and quickly turned towards Jungkook. He looked at me curiously and pointed the fan in front of me.

She stared at me with worries. Sure, my shocked face should have scared her a little.

I glanced again at the door, hoping she won’t appear again. Thank goodness, she’s gone. I used my palm to wipe my cold sweat at my forehead before grabbing the marker again.

“Sorry~ What is your name?” I started a conversation. The fan replied me lively. Good, she didn’t ask anything about my troubled face just now. I may be signing calmly with a smile but deep down inside, I’m trembling in fear. I can’t get her out of my mind.

XXXXX

I can’t sleep again. I mean, who can sleep after a dead girl just randomly popped out everywhere? Her gaze... I can’t forget. It’s the same as back then.

Before I left her to death.

I stopped my deep thoughts. The thoughts all gone when my ears caught weird sounds.  Quickly I leave my bed and grabbed the door knob.

I turned the knob slowly to avoid Namjoon waking up. I stepped out the room, walking along the short hallway. It was pitch black without any source of light. I rubbed my eyes few times to get a clearer vision. As soon I put down my hand, I caught a shadow walked passed before my eyes. Instantly, my eyes widened.

I froze there.

What if it’s her?

Cold sweat broke once again along my hairlines. I shook my head hard. No, it could be my imaginations.

I headed to the living room. There’s no one there. I exhaled a relief breath. Maybe it is my imaginations. I didn’t get enough sleep after all.

My thought was completely wrong when I heard chuckles sound. Right behind me.

One step at a time, I spun around. She’s here. Standing there, looking straight into my eyes. But her face was clean, without any bruises. She wore different outfit too. I noticed the main door’s security lock broken.

 I was going to scream but my voice stuck at my throat.  My face turned red since the struggled to let out a sound really torturing me.

 “They won’t wake up,” I gasped at her words. Did she.. killed them?

“Don’t worry, I didn’t kill them. Just some sleeping pills in their food,” I refreshed on how the other members said they’re tired and exhausted as soon as they finished the take out we ordered before.

“Why did you leave my sister like that?” I gasped. It’s not Yuri. It’s Yura, her twin sister. But who… who’s the one at the event? In the MV?

“She saw you, Hoseok. She saw you through the cracks from the door.  How can you just let my brother her in front of your eyes?! ” She saw me?! I shook my head hard.

“No! I don’t know anything!!” My eyes started to tear up. My fear can’t be explained anymore.

“I know you can’t see any light from your future, Hoseok. I know you need money, you need some chances. But does that means you’ll let anything just control you? You’re too much!!”  She started crying while spitting out her anger to me.

“Does the temptation of my brother’s deal was too sweet for you?” I can’t answer. That question is too hard. She pulled out something out of her jacket. My heart almost stopped at the sight of a knife in her hold. I backed up further from her.

“She came to me, Hoseok. She came to me crying every night. I can’t stand it. She’s my sister, my own blood. I need to relieve her grudge, don’t you think? The grudge of her being killed unfairly. You saw it, right? You saw how my brother her, how my brother beat her with his own hands, with sticks, with… knife…”

“You should feel it too... YOU MUST FEEL HOW SHE FELT!” She drastically changed to Yuri’s body, bleeding everywhere. I chocked at the sight of a knife sticking out her stomach. Her blouse absorbed all the blood but it still flowing down to her knees. Her crying red eyes were filled with fear, anger, as if she’ll swallow me whole.

 “Why did you leave me?” A voice echoed. Now this was Yuri. Yuri possessed Yura.

“You must be dumbfounded how I appeared at the event. Thanks to Yura, people didn’t found me weird. Only you can see my real self. About the MV, I noticed how other ghosts captured in videos, so I gave it a shot, to warn you,” I blinked few times and my breath became unstable. I was having a real hard time to process everything she said. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

“Does money means everything for you? What about our friendship?”

Yuri stepped towards me. I can hear sound of bones cracking each time she moves. Her brother really went harsh on her. But I just left her be.

I closed my eyes every night in a twisted reality after that incident.  The horrendous scene kept playing like a music box. Since her brother already gave me a big chance to achieve my dream as an idol, I just can’t give up.  I was completely drunk by this love called greed. My future was abandoned. I dreamt about it with those harsh stares that Yuri’s gave to me at the moment.

“Yuri…” I finally spoke. She stopped on her track. The blood dripped on the floor before it pooling under her feet.

“I’m.. I’m sorry… I should have saved you. I should have rescued you. I was a fool, addicted to the sweetness of the greed. Yes, a fool. But what can I do?! I… I want to achieve my dreams so bad! I don’t want to let go of that chance. I know it’s the touch of the devil but too bad… It’s too sweet,”

“But it’s too evil, Hoseok-ah… And you should receive the consequences…  You deserve it…” She continued her steps. The knife was clear to my vision now.

I lost of words.

I didn’t know this greed would become the horn that would call forth hell.

“It’s too sweet… It’s too evil… I’m sorry, Yuri…”

XXXXX

Author’s POV

Jin woke up early as always. He slipped into his pullover and sweat pants. He just let Yoongi sleep soundly on the bed. It’s still early.

He sauntered out the room without expecting anything out of ordinary. But to his surprise, he did.

Hoseok’s body.

Bruised badly.

Bleeding everywhere.

With a knife sticking out his stomach.

A girl’s body was lying beside him with a slit on her wrist. Her hand was full of blood stains. The living room became a blood pool.

“Hoseok….?”

 

[END]