Everyone Has Secrets

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's go to movie," 

Taehyung pauses, his brows arch at the sudden invitation from the boy who hates going to movies. Never in their decade of friendship has Taehyung never been to a movie with Jungkook. The other one always complained that it's a waste of money while you can just watch it at home through some streaming sites, or he'd say that movie theaters are lame and only made for couples to make out in the dark.

In times, Taehyung gives up inviting his best friend to come along.

He wonders if his best friend had a flu today.

"What do you like? Fluff?" Jungkook asks while scrolling through his phone.

When peeking at the screen, Taehyung spots the movie schedule at one of the theaters near them. When he hasn't replied, his best friend looks up.

"Tae bae?"

"Uh, yes."

"Yes as in you want to go or...?"

Taehyung nods once, still in disbelief.

"Yes, I want to go. To movies." He takes a quick breath, "With you."

"Alright, then! Let's go~!"

"Should we call Jimin and Yoongi?"

Jungkook pauses his steps and turns around slowly, his neck red as he reaches to caress it.

"Maybe not," he says. He hasn't looked straight at Taehyung yet as he adds, "Let's just go by ourselves this time. Uh... I heard Jimin has final and he's freaking out or something."

He doesn't know anything about Jimin. It's not like Jimin is the one Jungkook is madly in love with or anything.

Taehyung nods again and picks up his pace to walk beside Jungkook. Along the way, their hands found each other and they go on hand in hand, swinging at their sides as everyone watches them, envying them by thinking they are such a cute couple. Jungkook has heard the talk and has smiled to himself the whole way. Little did he know, Taehyung has heard it too.

 

-

 

Instead of going to the regular theater,  Jungkook has taken Taehyung to the VIP room where they can rent any movie they want to watch and have the whole theater to themselves. Jungkook lets his best friend pick the movie while he goes to get some snack. Alone at the counter with an assistant waiting to take his order, Taehyung can't help but don't know what to do. 

"Do you have fluff?" He asks the assistant. 

"Animation or live action?" The assistant asks in return. 

"Either is fine,"

She nods.

 

When they sit in the empty theater, Taehyung looks around the darkness once or twice. Except for Jungkook at his right, no one is around at all. This isn't really what Taehyung has in mind when he says he wants to come to movies. Where's the fun when you're all alone?

Jungkook has been quiet ever since they get here. The movie has been playing for at least 20 minutes in and truth to tell, neither of them has paid any attention to the screen. For some reason, there's an awkward air around them and tension thickens the more they remain silent.

"Jungk-"

Taehyung's voice trails off as soon as he starts when Jungkook's phone buzzes. The later pulls out his iphone and squints at the bright screen. He almost shoves the phone back into his jeans pocket when another message arrives.

He lets out a sigh.

"Something's wrong?"

Jungkook turns to Taehyung, then, acting like this is the first time he realizes he's not alone. He slides the phone into his jacket pocket and stretches one arm to Taehyung's side. He pulls his best friend close, with Taehyung resting his head on the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"Nothing," Jungkook replies. "My internship is killing me."

"You should quit it,"

"I wish I could,"

Taehyung lifts his head slightly, "Why not?"

Another sigh. 

"Let's just watch the movie," Jungkook said quietly, the back of his hand caresses Taehyung's cheek momentarily before all actions stop and all there is in the room is their breathing.

Taehyung turns back to the screen, then. A few minutes of really focusing on the plot tells him that the movie is about a pair of best friends who grow apart when they grow up and meet new people.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's rough voice sounds rougher when he speaks in his throat.

Jungkook hums as a simple reply.

"How long have we been friends?"

Jungkook chuckles, his chest heaving repeatedly. His laugh sounds like a strange melody, one that Taehyung has heard a thousand times before but this is the first time he realizes he likes it. He pushes himself up from leaning on Jungkook just so he can see the face Jungkook pulls when he laughs. His eyes get smaller and age lines show, making him look both older and younger all at once. He smiles when he sees Taehyung studying his face.

"Ever since I was in diaper, I think," 

Taehyung doesn't recall when was the first time they'd met each other either, but he knows it's been such a long time. Maybe it's true they've known each other since they were born, but it can't be. They know next to nothing about each other's family. To be honest, Taehyung doesn't even know where Jungkook lives. The other male has rented Taehyung a penthouse and basically lived there with him since.

"I feel like we're only friends,"

Jungkook stiffens a bit, "What do you mean?"

"Like, we don't know anything about each other apart from ourselves. I don't even know your family."

"We're each other's friend, Tae. Not our family."

Taehyung nods, but only to let the talk end there. He knows where this might lead judging by the sudden subtle frown adorning Jungkook's face. Maybe his best friend also has difficult parents that's why he gets worked up when they are mentioned. Or the fact that he has never mentioned them first. The most Taehyung knows about them is that they like to travel and they work together in one company. Must to great to get to see your partner both at work and at home.

"Tae?"

The young model looks up, finding his best friend's intense gaze on him. 

"Yeah?"

"Did you... hear about anything?" Jungkook asks carefully. "About my family? Did someone... say something?"

Taehyung shakes his head, not sure why he's starting to panic. He hasn't done anything guilty to react in such a way. And he's not sure why Jungkook has to be so serious all of a sudden either. Now all they're doing is staring at each other, completely ignoring the movie.

Jungkook reaches for  Taehyung's face, cupping his cheeks with both his hands. Jungkook's touch is warm despite them being in a cold room. Taehyung leans into the touch. Suddenly he feels like he can't do anything else, like he doesn't want to do anything else but let Jungkook touch him. It's weird and unreasonable but somehow feels so right. 

"If you hear anything crazy, you come to me first." Jungkook whispers. "Okay? Please? Talk to me first."

"What kind of crazy?"

"Any kind of crazy," Jungkook leans in closer, their nose brushing against each other, hot breath bathing eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter